Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Took a long drive with mum recently to their house in the country - 4 hour drive, no radio reception. She had one CD in the player, on repeat. The John Farnham anthology. Man my childhood memories came flooding back! - its funny as a kid you hear the songs but dont really listen, the words mean much more now :p

i've spent the last week on you tube going back through all the old songs again and i've come to the conclusion - it may be un Australian, but i think i like a song better than Youre the voice... just.

I understand it has probably been written and produced to emulate the style and success of youre the voice and, to anchor the follow up album in the same way but Age of reason gets me in the feels every time! the message dosent age pardon the pun

and.. the hair, its glorious.

upload_2016-11-1_8-57-34.png

1451506010712.jpg

see Farnaham was offered we built this city for whispering jack but knocked it back, wonder how he would have done it? maybe more pressure down style with the similar synth pop stylings

wait Taupin was a co-writer on that who knew

I find this an astonishing thing to say but here goes: it would have been less cheesy than Starship's. And thereby it would lose its true value. NB: The same band did "Miracles" and "White Rabbit". The world officially makes no sense.

Also I find it odd that Farnham doesn't have a Vanda & Young song in the kit bag.

For trivia's sake, Chris Thompson (one of the writer)'s rendition of YTV:

I approve of this JF talk... Also, Reasons is by far my favourite JF song closely followed by Age of Reason and then YTV...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The names had me thinking that's odd, this may be a piss take. I was convinced when I got to the bit about him tearing off one of their arms and beating him with it.
ha, had to go back and read that, actually didn't get that far the first time after I got to the names and realised it was satire. Rejoicing that ol Ginge is still with us, even if he's not eating hearts or tearing off limbs.

hmmmmm, most online places only sell new vinyl, which is always pricey. Is that what you're after?

Yeah what DJ said. eBay used to be awesome for second hand stuff until postage jumped in the US making it unrealistic. Personally I don't tend to buy a lot of new vinyl.

Yeah was hoping there was some secret 2nd hand vinyl website as I'm not keen on paying $40 plus everytime I want some new stuff.

Oh well, i'll keep crooning the shops

Remove this Banner Ad

Back