Music The Hangar Music Thread

You guys should update your iPods and listen to the s**t I bloody posted
I will try to over the weekend but I'm taking home a ps4 vr tonight so I probably won't be doing much else this weekend. :p

At the folk punk festival I went to a couple of weeks ago, a friend played 9 gigs with 6 bands in 4 days. Only having played with one the bands before (her own) As an amatuer who plays for my own amusement (guitar & bass) I thought being able to jump on stage cold and fit right in was pretty special. Then there was another fiddler who amongst other things changed the tuning of her violin mid song (without stopping playing) which requires really knowing the instrument.

I've recently attempted recording some of my own stuff, but it needs a whole lot more work before being released into the wild (and more talent)

No preview link anywhere?
Yeah there is but that would be giving out my real name too which I'm kind of paranoid about. There are some strange people on BF..

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Yeah there is but that would be giving out my real name too which I'm kind of paranoid about. There are some strange people on BF..

Come on man, you can trust me. I mean how could you not trust someone that looks like this

upload_2016-12-2_14-18-14.png

So how was it?
Really good actually. Pseudo Echo were the highlight for me. I think that's the thing about the software in the keytars and the electric tom pads. That just doesn't change so it sounds exactly as it did when it was recorded. Brian Canham's voice has not lost a thing. I guess it's lucky he always sung in a lower register to begin with. Had a great guitar sound and he rocked out a bit. Loves a dive domb or two. :D

'Real Life' were odd. It was just David Sterry (lead singer) who came out onto the stage in the middle of Pseudo Echo's set and sang Catch Me I'm Falling while Pseudo Echo played accompaniment. His microphone didn't work for the first half of the song though. He then sang Send Me An Angel and left while Pseudo Echo finished their set. Was not sighted again.

George sounded like he had the flu when he opened up with the first few lines of Church of the Poison Mind but he warmed up after a few songs luckily. Band was great. 3 piece brass section. 3 gospel singin back up singers that more than covered Helen Terry (and not just physically). Percussionist, two guitars/keyboards. It sounded great. Played all the hits. He was quite jovial with the crowd and it was a really good vibe. The Arts Centre in Freo is a great venue too.

Fremantle-Arts-Centre-South-Lawn-Crwod-Shot-3-high-res.jpg

The building is the old mental asylum from the late 1800's (now the arts centre). You can see some wharf cranes over the top of the trees there in Freo harbour.

Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Really good actually. Pseudo Echo were the highlight for me. I think that's the thing about the software in the keytars and the electric tom pads. That just doesn't change so it sounds exactly as it did when it was recorded. Brian Canham's voice has not lost a thing. I guess it's lucky he always sung in a lower register to begin with. Had a great guitar sound and he rocked out a bit. Loves a dive domb or two. :D

'Real Life' were odd. It was just David Sterry (lead singer) who came out onto the stage in the middle of Pseudo Echo's set and sang Catch Me I'm Falling while Pseudo Echo played accompaniment. His microphone didn't work for the first half of the song though. He then sang Send Me An Angel and left while Pseudo Echo finished their set. Was not sighted again.

George sounded like he had the flu when he opened up with the first few lines of Church of the Poison Mind but he warmed up after a few songs luckily. Band was great. 3 piece brass section. 3 gospel singin back up singers that more than covered Helen Terry (and not just physically). Percussionist, two guitars/keyboards. It sounded great. Played all the hits. He was quite jovial with the crowd and it was a really good vibe. The Arts Centre in Freo is a great venue too.

Fremantle-Arts-Centre-South-Lawn-Crwod-Shot-3-high-res.jpg

The building is the old mental asylum from the late 1800's (now the arts centre). You can see some wharf cranes over the top of the trees there in Freo harbour.

Cool photo, looks like a painting!
Sounds like Culture Club went to a bit of effort to put on a good show with all the extras on stage. Nice job.
It's funny those two Aussie bands played together, I used to know David Sterry a bit in the mid/late nineties. Even then he was still earning decent money with royalties from "Send me an angel"
Around then I was also housemates with the drummer from Pseudo Echo.
Now there's some big time name dropping! :)

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Well I am also from Warrnambol so...

I grew up in Mt Gambier. When I was a kid we went to Warnambool a few times for short holidays and I managed to knock myself out twice in 2 separate visits at the Lake Pertobe playground before the safety police sterilised it.

All this is pointing to it being a distinct possibility.

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
I grew up in Mt Gambier. When I was a kid we went to Warnambool a few times for short holidays and I managed to knock myself out twice in 2 separate visits at the Lake Pertobe playground before the safety police sterilised it.

All this is pointing to it being a distinct possibility.

Yep, Lake Pertobe playground used to be awesome unti the fun police arrived. There was the swinging rope and proper flying fox (the current one is lame). Not sure how no one died, really.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yep, Lake Pertobe playground used to be awesome unti the fun police arrived. There was the swinging rope and proper flying fox (the current one is lame). Not sure how no one died, really.
The swinging rope was one of the places I got knocked out. I'd been waiting my turn then the big kids said to wait on the edge.

Be buggered, they must've been trying to trick me into missing my turn!

Anyway I wander out to claim my spot and WHACK, I was hammered by the bloke swinging back. I don't remember much, just waking up in dad's arm as he was carrying me away from the swing.

Mar 10, 2007
SAPMA Headquarters
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Queensland Reds, Melbourne Rebels
The swinging rope was one of the places I got knocked out. I'd been waiting my turn then the big kids said to wait on the edge.

Be buggered, they must've been trying to trick me into missing my turn!

Anyway I wander out to claim my spot and WHACK, I was hammered by the bloke swinging back. I don't remember much, just waking up in dad's arm as he was carrying me away from the swing.

Fun times.

Back