Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Download Festival announcement coming at 9am tomorrow, some of the rumoured names. 29 bands confirmed to play, 4 stages at Flemington.

Download Festival will be on the 24th of March

Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
System Of A Down
A Perfect Circle
Marilyn Manson
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Prophets Of Rage
Avenged Sevenfold
Incubus
Biffy Clyro
Paramore
NOFX

Download Festival announcement coming at 9am tomorrow, some of the rumoured names. 29 bands confirmed to play, 4 stages at Flemington.

Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
System Of A Down
A Perfect Circle
Marilyn Manson
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Prophets Of Rage
Avenged Sevenfold
Incubus
Biffy Clyro
Paramore
NOFX
Disappointing list of names.

Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
System Of A Down
A Perfect Circle
Marilyn Manson
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Prophets Of Rage
Avenged Sevenfold
Incubus
Biffy Clyro
Paramore
NOFX
Prophets of Rage intrigue me. Would be happy with them, System, A Perfect Circle, Marilyn Manson and Korn provided tickets aren't too steep.

Sounds like the new Soundwave.

Sounds like the new Soundwave.
And that's the biggest problem, soundwave went out being a s**t show bringing down bands pretty much like that list that have next to zero relevance as "big names" and havn't for a very long time. That's basically a mix of big day out line ups from the early 2000s. Just cheap nolstagia pops.

I think I prefer the small DIY festivals these days, some great music and you're mingling with the muso's watching the other bands. The two greatest atmosphere's at festivals I've ever been to were at HOBOFOPO 2017 in Hobart at the start of October and Not Fest 5 on the weekend just gone in Footscray.
Both felt like you were there with a bunch of mates.

And that's the biggest problem, soundwave went out being a s**t show bringing down bands pretty much like that list that have next to zero relevance as "big names" and havn't for a very long time. That's basically a mix of big day out line ups from the early 2000s. Just cheap nolstagia pops.
So true. Too much filler, not enough thriller on the last 2 day event. Maddah got a little too ambitious in a pretty tough market. That said, I went to a few of them and really enjoyed them.

Got a new (secondhand) guitar yesterday.
‘57 Strat reissue with Dave Gilmour mods.
It’s probably way too nice for my playing ability. I’ve been noodling around for about 15 years, but don’t know a single chord. So my goal this summer is to learn a few chords.

9RtGtZX.jpg

Got a new (secondhand) guitar yesterday.
‘57 Strat reissue with Dave Gilmour mods.
It’s probably way too nice for my playing ability. I’ve been noodling around for about 15 years, but don’t know a single chord. So my goal this summer is to learn a few chords.

9RtGtZX.jpg
Nice one! Are the mods just the scratch plate or are there electronic mods too?

Also I recommend starting with E A and D.. and no I'm not being a smart arse and telling you to eat a dick.

Also I recommend starting with E A and D.. and no I'm not being a smart arse and telling you to eat a dick.

Boy who cried wolf Beery, boy who cried wolf...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, yeah I printed off a chord sheet and had a quick play.
E and A are pretty straightforward, but Dick is a little trickier.

With the mod, a push/pull switch has been added to the volume knob, which activates all 3 pickups at once.
It’s also been totally rewired to make it quieter and remove hum.
Also the pickups were swapped out for American ones (it was made in Japan)
It sounds really nice with heaps of tonal variety.

With the mod, a push/pull switch has been added to the volume knob, which activates all 3 pickups at once.
Sounds great. Enjoy!

There's a heap of interactive chord dictionaries on the web too. They're pretty awesome for variations and playing sound files so you can make sure what you're playing is what it should sound like.

Actually it just occurred to me that if you learn e minor (which is just e without the index finger) and a, you've pretty much got speak to me/breathe.

Anyone headed to Riverboats Festival, Echuca, in February?
A bit like out on the weekend, only with paddle streamers and eucalypts and the Murray.

So how's it going? Ready for the next chords? :D

I looked up that song on Riffstation (a cool app which shows you the chords for most songs on Youtube)
A and E gets you through most of the song, but a few others are thrown in which held me back.
I can swap between A and E pretty well, so I’m looking at adding a few more easy ones next.
Having tried some of the more complex ones, I’m finding the positioning really hard. I think the fingers on my left hand are pretty weak. I’m thinking of getting one of those finger excercising thingies. Do you know if they help?

I’m finding the positioning really hard. I think the fingers on my left hand are pretty weak. I’m thinking of getting one of those finger excercising thingies. Do you know if they help?

Sometimes it's not so much strength but flexibility. Finger stretching exercises might help.

E E D A Jailbreak - ACDC

D A E A E Desire - U2

new chord: Am (A minor)
Same shape as E but down a string (same strings as A chord)

Sometimes it's not so much strength but flexibility. Finger stretching exercises might help.

E E D A Jailbreak - ACDC

D A E A E Desire - U2

new chord: Am (A minor)
Same shape as E but down a string (same strings as A chord)

Great, thanks for that!
Looking at the chord sheet, hopefully these shouldn’t be too hard.

Yes flexibility is probably an issue too, as my hands aren’t used to going to those positions.
I’ll look up some finger exercises.
I still might grab one of those finger strengtheners, they are only about $10 on Ebay, and I read how some people say they are good stress relievers, which is always nice.

Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
System Of A Down
A Perfect Circle
Marilyn Manson
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Prophets Of Rage
Avenged Sevenfold
Incubus
Biffy Clyro
Paramore
NOFX

WTF?

Love that Biffy Clyro are on there

Having tried some of the more complex ones, I’m finding the positioning really hard. I think the fingers on my left hand are pretty weak. I’m thinking of getting one of those finger excercising thingies. Do you know if they help?
Imo nothing is going to help you more than just practising. This will help you not only build strength but it will also help toughen your fingertips up and get used to making the shapes that allow each string to be heard without buzzing or unintended muting. Having said that though, I had quite weak ring and pinky fingers for a long, long time and one thing that I did that actually helped not only strengthen them but increase reach was playing the Rock Band games on xbox. :D:$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back