Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Those guys sure have an interesting wiki. Passed on Born To Be Wild. :oops:

Interesting how much song sharing went on back then. A lot of artists these days get rubbished for not writing their own songs but my goodness, one in every ten records I pick up has a different version of hey joe.

Interesting how much song sharing went on back then. A lot of artists these days get rubbished for not writing their own songs but my goodness, one in every ten records I pick up has a different version of hey joe.
Yeah totally. I already knew it wasn't theirs but I also had a different version of Back Door Man (made famous by The Doors) in that mix I downloaded.

When you think about it they only lost half their sound when Layne checked out despite what an amazing and seemingly unique voice he had. Bill can do just about everything Layne could plus a whole lot of other stuff that's his own. Really added to their overall sound which is why I was so disappointed with that dinosaur album. The best thing about it was the cover art/design.

My favourite aic album is still unplugged though which is weird.

Not only did they lose half their sound - but did you ever hear jerrys solo record, boggy depot? (I think that was it)

it just didn't work for me - it was monotone and lacking something - sure musically it was ok but it lacked a hook or a punch - it was layne who turned jerrys music from middling into vital. Bill has done the same it seems

Not only did they lose half their sound - but did you ever hear jerrys solo record, boggy depot? (I think that was it)

it just didn't work for me - it was monotone and lacking something - sure musically it was ok but it lacked a hook or a punch - it was layne who turned jerrys music from middling into vital. Bill has done the same it seems
I heard the single off it although can't remember what it was called or how it went which probably says it all!

Yeah there is simply no denying Jerry's voice requires an additional key to it.

It's very.........dull (I accept that's a horrible term to use and probably doesn't do it justice)

I've been listening to that other mix you posted on loop in the car this week and man those old reverb effects have a lot to answer for. My first amp was a Roland Super Cube 60w and it had a built in reverb that sounded just like that. Hard to liken the sound to something else but maybe clapping in a large, empty room. I used to try it in every position and think seriously wtf am I supposed to do with this? It sounds like s**t everywhere.

I've been listening to that other mix you posted on loop in the car this week and man those old reverb effects have a lot to answer for. My first amp was a Roland Super Cube 60w and it had a built in reverb that sounded just like that. Hard to liken the sound to something else but maybe clapping in a large, empty room. I used to try it in every position and think seriously wtf am I supposed to do with this? It sounds like s**t everywhere.

Which mix exactly? I can't remember lol.

But yeah reverb can sound faaarked unless you keep it to high ranges. So if you're attempting to play an instrument through an amp that has it built in...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Built in amp reverbs are mostly pretty poor, sound really fake.
I go to NASA when I want a nice reverb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back