Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

D_P_S how on earth did you come up with your top 200 list?

I flip and flop according to mood when listening to tunes, let alone when trying to rank them overall. I can't even get a consistent in order top 5 or 10 for my favourite bands!
I have the same issue and it changes every year, I usually have the same songs in my top 20 or so but apart from that it doesn’t change on mood or what types of songs I prefer at the time.

my first thought was looks a bit like a variation on a Gibson Firebird

I wasn't too far off, it's a Gibson RD
I was thinking Firebird too but I knew it wasn't. I can't believe I've never heard of an RD before.

Ahh s**t the bass version was what Krist used in Nirvana. I have seen it before.

And Jimi Page used one at Knebworth on the night I don't have footage from. The one I have he used Les Pauls and an electric blue strat (which was weird to see as well).

1977_gibson_rd_artist_01.jpg

Last edited:
I've gotten off the vinyl bandwagon recently. Had a couple of bad experiences ordering stuff through the post and generally just find the whole vinyl scene over-priced. 50+ bucks for a record is steep.

I have a small collection and Technics table but I don't think i will add to the collection any time soon - I think Radiohead's latest record was my last purchase.

I'm getting back into the CDs for that ultimate freedom of file formatting. :) who knows CDs might even make a return to popularity!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

161. The Unnamed Feeling - Metallica - St Anger

160. The Pretender - Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

159. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz

158. Chemical Heart - Grinspoon - New Detention

Hmm with these 4 ive really shown my inner bogan :p

Only good song of that album imo, the riff is killer.
Sweet Amber was the only song I could really tolerate from that album. I thought this was justified at Big Day Out where their 45 minute set that went for 2 hours only featured the one St Anger song, that being Sweet Amber.

Another one with a good riff, the chorus and slow parts kind of ruin it for me though

I'm not having a crack as music tastes are a very personal thing. I'm waiting for you to put one up where I have completely forgotten about the song over time but used to listen to it religiously.

I'm not having a crack as music tastes are a very personal thing. I'm waiting for you to put one up where I have completely forgotten about the song over time but used to listen to it religiously.
A good chance you will find one as the list goes on, my number 1 song will have everyone scratching their heads, good chance nobody has heard the song before but its from a relatively well known band.

A good chance you will find one as the list goes on, my number 1 song will have everyone scratching their heads, good chance nobody has heard the song before but its from a relatively well known band.
doubt it - everyone has heard of Africa by Toto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back