Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha nope in fact the basic stuff is why I got it. It’s really easy to set up. Plug n play. Although most of them are pretty easy and they all do the same thing at the end of the day. This has a **** load of USB ports which I use a lot. I have a lot of midi controllers.
Again, their gear seems to start around the $600 mark. I think focusrite is going to get my money for better or worse. From what I can tell from my limited research it sounds like things have come a long way in the last few years and it's a lot harder to buy a 'bad' unit. I should stop worrying about it really.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Again, their gear seems to start around the $600 mark. I think focusrite is going to get my money for better or worse. From what I can tell from my limited research it sounds like things have come a long way in the last few years and it's a lot harder to buy a 'bad' unit. I should stop worrying about it really.

Yep

Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Whoah I think RME are a little out of my price range! :oops:

There's a focusrite 2i2 studio pack bundle that you get a condenser mike and some headphones and maybe even some cables with iirc. $324. Not sure how good they are but they are better than nothing which is what I have now. Haven't seen any other brand with a bundle like that.

Yep that bundle looks good, everthing to get you started including some recording software.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
I struggle to find the words to explain how much I absolutely love this song. It's one I used to listen too often back in the day yet forgot about in recent times. I've rediscovered it this week which I'm stoked about.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Beerfish

Just pretend it's the 2 input version.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Soen - loving these guys at present. A progressive metal band that have been around for a while but I've only just discovered them.
I remember listening to them a bit a while ago and getting vibes of Sound Awake era Karnivool. A bit Opeth as well.

Probably worth checking out Leprous if you havn't already (They also feature my favourite drummer in the world so I'll take any chance to rec them)

Beerfish

Just pretend it's the 2 input version.

Interestingly he said at the beginning that the 2i2 is apparently the best selling interface ever.. or so he's told by 'people'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Interestingly he said at the beginning that the 2i2 is apparently the best selling interface ever.. or so he's told by 'people'.

I believe it.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I remember listening to them a bit a while ago and getting vibes of Sound Awake era Karnivool. A bit Opeth as well.

Probably worth checking out Leprous if you havn't already (They also feature my favourite drummer in the world so I'll take any chance to rec them)

Never listened to them before but am liking what I'm hearing. Thanks.

They sound very much in the mold of bands The Butterfly Effect and Dead Letter Circus, not that Leprous would've heard of those bands being Aussie acts.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
Never listened to them before but am liking what I'm hearing. Thanks.

They sound very much in the mold of bands The Butterfly Effect and Dead Letter Circus, not that Leprous would've heard of those bands being Aussie acts.
Wouldn't surprise me if they have, I'd say both those bands first couple of records are pretty well renowned in that scene. Just a shame they both kind of nose dived after that.

Caligula's Horse is a Brissy band carrying on that legacy of that sort of Aussie Melodic/Prog style that those guys, Karnivool, Cog had that's worth checking out as well.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
For me the Smashing Pumpkins delivered so much quality in their prime. Gish into Siamese Dreams was genius, cull the crap from Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and the leftovers are pure quality.

Billy Corgan said he wanted the Melon Collie albums to be a modern day equivalent to Pink Floyd's The Wall. I think they started reaching too far which led to their demise, bring it back to 1 album without the filler crud and.... I shudder to think of what the impact would've been.

This post was brought about by hearing Mayonaise and Here Is No Why out of the blue recently, and having gone on a bit of a Pumpkins reminiscing binge I have really undersold their positioning in my musical past.

I have a copy of this which is a soundboard recording of their 95 Reading Festival gig. It is ******* amazing. Classic line up at the height of their powers so to speak. I went to the Perth Melon Collie gig and it was very, very good. I would have rather had seen the Reading play list but at least I saw them. I think it might have been the last gig I went to at the old Entertainment Centre which is now gone.

Last edited:

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus

funk and soul from a 90s hip hop producer.

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
GUMBLETRON did I show you Altin Gun? Another Turkish psych/funk band. Seems to be popular atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back