Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some really good contributions over the last page GUMBLETRON. Took me ages to get around to them though. Listened to that whole Orchestra Baobab album stripping wallpaper today. Loved it.

Just to save yacoing

I didn't realise there were people who knew Orchestra Baobab. They are fantastic! My problem is not knowing which song is which when I read the titles :(
My soul has been on that excursion since I found Fela, especially Open and Close and Water No Get Enemy.

Fela brought to Kwebana Frimpong who is also funky but less well known out of Africa.

I went to Cuba too :)
Ibrahim Ferrer (RIP) released some solo stuff before he passed away. He was in the Buena Vista Social Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you have three hands?

No in fact I thought I was being slow and lame haha!

I want to get better at "performing" on these machines with the intention doing a set, even if I don't actually do a gig. It's a bit of a balance between creating a finished song and leaving room to do stuff to it on the fly. You can't really just press play and have the song play out and just stand there LOL. Not being a musician is not helpful either.

I want to get better at "performing" on these machines with the intention doing a set, even if I don't actually do a gig. It's a bit of a balance between creating a finished song and leaving room to do stuff to it on the fly. You can't really just press play and have the song play out and just stand there LOL. Not being a musician is not helpful either.
Just get a guitar and hang it around your neck. It works for Mick Jagger.

i liked it, but it’s not really my jam so i can’t tell you if you are good or not, but too much it was probably the best performance of this machine i’ve ever heard!

i liked it, but it’s not really my jam so i can’t tell you if you are good or not, but too much it was probably the best performance of this machine i’ve ever heard!

Yeah, the genre is obviously subjective. i also do a lot of sampling old records and making a bit of hip hop etc.

Btw that gif was me having nfi what you were doing. All those flashing lights would have me thinking a meltdown was imminent.

Basically I was doing 3 things. Switching between various 4 bar patterns to keep the song going, applying effects with that cross fader, and muting the drum tracks. The arrangement of the song is done beforehand and is long and painful.

Here is an expert at work who has insane skills:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back