Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And one more..

1601513510900.png

Came across it randomly on dumtree. I had to look up who the hell Troy Van Leeuwen is but this is a signature model he made with Yamaha between 2006-8 (apparently he played with Queens of the Stoneage and A Perfect Circle and some other band I've never heard of). I've never seen anything like it. I was looking for a p90 equipped guitar. This thing has 3 of them, hollow body (but not traditionally made - apparently it's a solid maple slab that's been routed out so really mega chambered I guess. The thing weighs a ******* tonne though. Might even be heavier than my Les Paul), 2 selector switches (one standard for neck and bridge and the other just for the middle), a volume pot for each pup with a master tone and the bigbsy. I love the hockey stick f-holes too. Never seen that before. The guy had had it on for ages and just wanted to be rid of it I think so I got it for $900.

I managed to fart out an album made entirely with pocket operators. Essentially they are tiny music devices, smaller than a calculator.

It's about a day at school and the trials and tribulations of that. It's mostly samplified hip hop beats with some other electronic goodies in there. Someone told me it reminded them of early avalanches.

You can download it for a buck or just stream it over bandcamp. If you really just want a copy for your phone or whatever and cbf paying, just PM me! ENjoy!

And one more..

View attachment 974527

Came across it randomly on dumtree. I had to look up who the hell Troy Van Leeuwen is but this is a signature model he made with Yamaha between 2006-8 (apparently he played with Queens of the Stoneage and A Perfect Circle and some other band I've never heard of). I've never seen anything like it. I was looking for a p90 equipped guitar. This thing has 3 of them, hollow body (but not traditionally made - apparently it's a solid maple slab that's been routed out so really mega chambered I guess. The thing weighs a ******* tonne though. Might even be heavier than my Les Paul), 2 selector switches (one standard for neck and bridge and the other just for the middle), a volume pot for each pup with a master tone and the bigbsy. I love the hockey stick f-holes too. Never seen that before. The guy had had it on for ages and just wanted to be rid of it I think so I got it for $900.

Oooh this looks pretty nice! How many guitars are in the collection now?

I managed to fart out an album made entirely with pocket operators. Essentially they are tiny music devices, smaller than a calculator.

It's about a day at school and the trials and tribulations of that. It's mostly samplified hip hop beats with some other electronic goodies in there. Someone told me it reminded them of early avalanches.

You can download it for a buck or just stream it over bandcamp. If you really just want a copy for your phone or whatever and cbf paying, just PM me! ENjoy!

I‘ve bought so I can download and listen on the monitors.
If I’m not suitably impressed I’ll be demanding my dollar back.

Maths Class is a certified banger!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most appreciative of the sampling of crazy Dio carne , Porco dio..sports journo aka Mr Mosconi

Most appreciative of the sampling of crazy Dio carne , Porco dio..sports journo aka Mr Mosconi
You’re the first one to get it. He’s the best.

Finally had a proper listen, great stuff. I’m very satisfied with my dollar investment.
Liked everything about it, the electronics, beats, samples and effects.
Also the school and calculator theme was funny.

Also, bonus points for keeping the tracks short, I think most songs go too long with needless repitition. I’m a busy man and time is money!
My favourite was The Bully. Were the synth parts sampled or programmed?

It definitely reminded me of early Avalanches. I really liked their original stuff when they did their own vocals, not sure why they stopped doing that.

How many pocket operators did you use? I see there are heaps of them now.

Finally had a proper listen, great stuff. I’m very satisfied with my dollar investment.
Liked everything about it, the electronics, beats, samples and effects.
Also the school and calculator theme was funny.

Also, bonus points for keeping the tracks short, I think most songs go too long with needless repitition. I’m a busy man and time is money!
My favourite was The Bully. Were the synth parts sampled or programmed?

It definitely reminded me of early Avalanches. I really liked their original stuff when they did their own vocals, not sure why they stopped doing that.

How many pocket operators did you use? I see there are heaps of them now.

Thank you!! Yeah I am glad I kept the tracks going along quickly. I think sometimes once you play out all of the ideas of a song, there's no need to revisit it unless it's really worth it.

For this project I used 4 of the POs. Mostly the PO33, as you can sample and really make whatever you like within the sample space. I also used the PO32 tonic - beast of a drum machine, PO35 Speak (vocoder) and the PO20 (arcade 8bit stuff).

The Bully is all sampled from one song. It just worked so well. The drums I programmed and changed the order of the original quite a bit but no extra layering or anything. The track is from this album https://www.discogs.com/Astral-Sounds-Silver-Air/release/1594783

And I really have to explore the rest of AStral SOunds catalogue. They are a library record band only but there synth sounds are simply classic, golden era stuff.

Thank you!! Yeah I am glad I kept the tracks going along quickly. I think sometimes once you play out all of the ideas of a song, there's no need to revisit it unless it's really worth it.

For this project I used 4 of the POs. Mostly the PO33, as you can sample and really make whatever you like within the sample space. I also used the PO32 tonic - beast of a drum machine, PO35 Speak (vocoder) and the PO20 (arcade 8bit stuff).

The Bully is all sampled from one song. It just worked so well. The drums I programmed and changed the order of the original quite a bit but no extra layering or anything. The track is from this album https://www.discogs.com/Astral-Sounds-Silver-Air/release/1594783

And I really have to explore the rest of AStral SOunds catalogue. They are a library record band only but there synth sounds are simply classic, golden era stuff.
I just got around to listening to this finally. You are a very talented guy mate. I might have to get me one of those things. It seems more intuitive to press buttons for drums than click the mouse on a time grid. Amazing the tech we have these days.

I just got around to listening to this finally. You are a very talented guy mate. I might have to get me one of those things. It seems more intuitive to press buttons for drums than click the mouse on a time grid. Amazing the tech we have these days.

Cheers mate! Appreciate it.

You should definitely look into it. A lot of guys just sticky tape it to their guitars. It’s genius!

I would recommend the PO12 or PO32. Both very cool drum machines.

A lot of guys just sticky tape it to their guitars.
dafuq lol

wait..

ThinkingGradualAwesome.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back