Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got an old technics 1200 MK2 laying in the shed, works but has cosmetic beatings...

Any ideas what I might get for it (happy with not much) and best place to find a new home?

View attachment 1038683
i’ll give you $300 for a closer shot of your foot.

Got an old technics 1200 MK2 laying in the shed, works but has cosmetic beatings...

Any ideas what I might get for it (happy with not much) and best place to find a new home?

View attachment 1038683
If you can clean it up a bit, the resale value isn't too bad at all. The super clean ones go for a grand or so. Aim for $500?

If you can clean it up a bit, the resale value isn't too bad at all. The super clean ones go for a grand or so. Aim for $500?

I put the pitch to zero and the red light shines in the right spot on the dots on the platter, seems to be functional, just looks beat up as hell. Might give her a polish and put it on FB with 'make an offer' that usually finds market value but I can't be arsed with the questions from people that know more about this thing then me. Need an old deck dapper? ;)

Loved what Linkin Park did in the early 2000’s but went away from that into a heavier metal faze for a while.

Recently got back into that Nu - Metal scene with bands like From Ashes To New, Ice Nine Kills and a frontman from a band who most didn’t perceive as a royal dick in Falling In Reverse.

Ronnie Radke (Falling In Reverse) is a genius, the closest thing we’ve come to Chester Bennington, a true artist. A musician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frontman from a band who most didn’t perceive as a royal dick in Falling In Reverse.

Ronnie Radke (Falling In Reverse) is a genius, the closest thing we’ve come to Chester Bennington, a true artist. A musician.

though not really metal at all, the remake they did of The Drug In Me is ridiculously good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

though not really metal at all, the remake they did of The Drug In Me is ridiculously good

They released a revamped version of “I’m a Vampire”. People losing there minds but it’s not nearly as good as drug in me.

Caught a snippet of this show about Devo last night. Looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Watching Michael Gudinski's funeral on TV tonight reminded me that I met him once many years ago. I was doing research into the recording industry and wrote to him asking to meet when I was next in Melbourne for work. He agreed and not only invited me to the Mushroom office but organised for a number of his team to also be there. The meeting was not a success - his eyes glazed over in the first 5 minutes and I could tell he regretted that his invitation had resulted in a waste of his time - but I remember it fondly. Both for the audacity of my youthful ambition and for MG's legendary generosity and equally legendary short attention span. I remember leaving the office thinking it would have been a dynamic place to work and that he seemed like a great boss. Few, if any (Ted Albert?) have done more for Australian musicians that MG. A good guy. RIP.

Hey I came across this youtube doco thingy on Zamrock last night. Never heard of it before but basically when Zambia got its independence from Britain in the mid 60's the new guy was all for everything Zambia and even decreed that 90% of radio content had to be homegrown and there was this brief but vibrant scene which has become known as Zamrock - heavily influenced by the sounds of the day like the Beatles and the Stones but with an African flavour. Zambia's main export was copper which was on the up at that point so there was a big mining worker community which helped fuel the live scene. Not a lot of recordings exist though because there weren't a lot of recording studios in Zambia. ANYWAY.. here's the full debut album of one of the big bands to come out of that era.

Hey I came across this youtube doco thingy on Zamrock last night. Never heard of it before but basically when Zambia got its independence from Britain in the mid 60's the new guy was all for everything Zambia and even decreed that 90% of radio content had to be homegrown and there was this brief but vibrant scene which has become known as Zamrock - heavily influenced by the sounds of the day like the Beatles and the Stones but with an African flavour. Zambia's main export was copper which was on the up at that point so there was a big mining worker community which helped fuel the live scene. Not a lot of recordings exist though because there weren't a lot of recording studios in Zambia. ANYWAY.. here's the full debut album of one of the big bands to come out of that era.

Can confirm the records for this genre are stupidly expensive. Great music.

Can you provide a link to the doco too??
Thanks in advance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back