Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This really makes me want to track down the film (which I don’t think I have seen)…nice twist at the end of the song too.

once upon a time in the west. watched it a couple of months ago on amazon prime i think? love a good western and this was a very highly rated one. trippy this has come up as i was listening to a podcast this week with bill hader where he was talking about this movie. quite confronting seeing henry fonda as the bad guy. the wiki for the film is quite interesting too where they mention henry's contacts and sergio saying no the cold blue eyes of the killer is where it's at :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a documentary on the band/duo Sparks on Amazon last week. Have been around since the 70's. I watched the trailer and thought this guy with the Hitler moustache seems oddly familiar yet I don't recall any of these songs. Got to about half way through the doco and all of a sudden this song comes up:

I was like AH HAA! That's why I know them! I remember this song from when I was a kid. I loved the tune (and it's been stuck in my head ever since) but had completely forgotten it. I remember finding the video quite disturbing at the time.. mainly because of Ron's unhinged looking visual persona. I read the band's wiki after the doco finished and this song was the only charting song they ever had in Australia (from 20 something albums!) and it only got to 14. However, minblowingly to me, it stayed at number 1 in France for six weeks!

Vale Olivia Newton-John
100 million records sold at a time when it was difficult for female artist to achieve those sorts of sales. Hits in different styles of music country/pop/broadway/whatever ELO are.
Movie star
Pretty mind blowing career when you think of it.
Plus all the money donated for cancer research.

…and the sole reason for the roller skate boom of the early 80s that anyone who had a sister at the time will remember

I want to buy a new Acoustic Electric guitar but cannot be arsed doing any research. Hoping someone can do it for me Beerfish - looking in your direction.

I've been playing for years but I am pretty awful. I like to play chords and sing along (badly)

I want to buy a new Acoustic Electric guitar but cannot be arsed doing any research. Hoping someone can do it for me Beerfish - looking in your direction.

I've been playing for years but I am pretty awful. I like to play chords and sing along (badly)
You can buy mine if you want? It's a 1990s ibanez. Sounds beautiful but the electric bit doesn't work. I took it to Lindsay Wells to fix and he just made sure it was proper ****ed by spraying wd40 into the jack instead of contact cleaner.

He may have been drunk.

You can buy mine if you want? It's a 1990s ibanez. Sounds beautiful but the electric bit doesn't work. I took it to Lindsay Wells to fix and he just made sure it was proper *ed by spraying wd40 into the jack instead of contact cleaner.

He may have been drunk.
My current one is a K. Yaini which is ~30 years old with broken knobs so the electric bit doesn't work either. I'm not sure I need the electric component but I don't want people to assume I am one of those "classical guitar" type people when they come over. It is however a really cool red colour

My current one is a K. Yaini which is ~30 years old with broken knobs so the electric bit doesn't work either. I'm not sure I need the electric component but I don't want people to assume I am one of those "classical guitar" type people when they come over. It is however a really cool red colour
I don't think you need the electric bit. If I had my time again I'd just buy the acoustic. The great thing is you've got so much choice these days at any price point. What's your budget?

I don't think you need the electric bit. If I had my time again I'd just buy the acoustic. The great thing is you've got so much choice these days at any price point. What's your budget?
I think $1000 would be reasonable. From my limited research I think that's maybe the second lowest price point not including Kmart

I think $1000 would be reasonable. From my limited research I think that's maybe the second lowest price point not including Kmart
No way. You can get quality for a lot less than that. $1000 is a great budget. If it was me I'd try and get my hands on one of these.

Built in effects that don't require an amp and the great build quality yamaha are renowned for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back