Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I may be off the mark but in my view the Alfa male behavior is behind the violence towards women and the brawls you see where blokes get hit and knocked out or killed.

This idea that to be an 'alpha' (which in and of itself is idiotic anyway) you need to behave in a dominant or violent manner is definitely problematic. A real 'alpha' male IMO is one who is confident enough in themselves not to have to resort to violence or putting down others to make themselves feel better or like a big man.

If your first response to conflict with a partner is to punch them, that's a problem, not 'alpha' behaviour.

I prefer alfalfa behaviour

lauren hashian win GIF

seeing "alpha" male "influencers" post their s**t online is always remarkably hilarious because they're almost always legitimately the dregs of society, have nothing of value to offer except for being a "high value male" and yet they're popular because losers will look up to them because they think they're special. something i have noticed this year, no student i teach has mentioned andrew tate and it's the start of term 2. last year i constantly got asked questions about him and s**t.

feeling depressed and mad at a seeming escalation of violence towards women from men. ballarat this week and sydney just yesterday. what the * is wrong with people that they dream and eventually create violence and hurt for no real reason. it makes me ******* mad.

what sort of education can we bring young people to prevent crimes like this from constantly occurring. it's absolutely sickening, and the racist and anti-semetic fear mongering that occurred after the bondi mall stabbing makes me furious. have we really regressed that far as a society? that something bad happens and it's always a non-white's fault? it's despicable, and the fear mongering losers who stoke those fires for interaction bait deserve to be publicly shamed and vilified for their actions.

Steven Pinker is worth a read if you want to feel a bit better about the world and the historical trend of violence decreasing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back