Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi my name is Tony, the worst PM in Australia's history.

751582-d33b9ba8-e483-11e3-a93b-3d4546371b68.jpg

I just don't know if we are demanding too much of people. Take for example a 60 year old Christian man, who may be against gay marriage. He has been raised a certain way all his life. His views are ingrained in him as a person. He could be the nicest person in the world and kind to everyone he meets, he just doesn't want to change his definition. Should that open him up to public condemnation and abuse?
Wouldn't it be better that we educate him on why we as a society are evolving past those views, and whilst he wont force him to change his opinion, this is the way we are going, work with these people. Not "you are wrong, you are a bigot you are a homophobe and we don't want you in our society". There is a middle ground (obviously there are your extreme nutjobs, but they should be handled like we handle most of these people, ignore them, they are a forever shrinking group).
There is a reason an overwhelming majority of young people are accepting of people, its because we grew up in a society that pushes this, a lot of older people or people from different cultures did not grow up with this message. It does not make them horrible people. It just takes time for views to change as people grow up educated on these issues.
What we don't want is young people growing up hating other people who hold a different view.

I don't think you would need to educate such a person about why society is moving away from God. He would understand perfectly well why, though his explanation would be different to your own, and his desire would be for society to turn back.

Who decides which people are 'nutjobs' and which aren't?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think whoever is the new Nationals leader will be the new deputy PM.
That won't be decided for a few days and Turnbull is leaving the country tonight.

I would think whoever is the new Nationals leader will be the new deputy PM.
Yep. That’s written into their coalition agreement. But Bishop will be the acting while Turnbull is away, and whatever hoops they have to jump through they’ll just have to deal with. I’m pretty sure there is an order of succession or some such thing that comes into play.

Quit yer bellyachin’ crumb bum.

It’s an interesting point of timing though. It’s anarchy! The anarchists have prevailed!
Sorry, I only just saw this... Given, ya know... YA DIDN'T ******* QUOTE REPLY ME!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back