Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll go further and say this is a post-colonial problem. Aboriginal land management was practiced for 40000 years without the fire issues we're seeing now, because they recognised that fire is a natural part of our country's conditions. Their practice of cool burning was much more refined. It's probably about time consultative practice with Abiriginal people was taken more seriously.

Great points.
Interestingly, there are native species of trees that produce seeds that only sprout when exposed to smoke.

Which has been going on for 12 years at all levels of Government ......
giphy.gif
I'm sure there has been one or two local councillors in that time.....

I have a theory that since all the big questions were answered (capalistism vs communism, free markets, base wage, unemployment etc) that people just didn't feel the need to get into politics.

I think climate change will definitely bring in younger people. Hopefully there will be some talent in there

For the record, I’m vegetarian, I only barbecue mushrooms.
Also for the record, Scomo is a walking talking sack of s**t.

I think this is where we go wrong. You do not have to like someone, their politics or views but having never met someone I do not just get calling them a total sack of s**t. It is this that breeds the next level of hate / outrage and yell that we see on twitter and that kills any decent discussion that can be had on any matter.
I have a personal dislike for Bill Shorten that stems from a time when I was in the union and he was secretary and a few incidents i was witness to. However despite not liking the bloke I would stop short of calling him a sack of s**t. A snake maybe.

I'm sure there has been one or two local councillors in that time.....

I have a theory that since all the big questions were answered (capalistism vs communism, free markets, base wage, unemployment etc) that people just didn't feel the need to get into politics.

I think climate change will definitely bring in younger people. Hopefully there will be some talent in there

There will but how many will fall by the way side when they find out that climate change exists but doing something about it may well be a 100 year process ?
Sadly there is no cold turkey option that does not leave us with the power we need as a growing population , the money we need for schools and hospitals and the local issues with getting approval for wind or solar farms.

There will but how many will fall by the way side when they find out that climate change exists but doing something about it may well be a 100 year process ?
Sadly there is no cold turkey option that does not leave us with the power we need as a growing population , the money we need for schools and hospitals and the local issues with getting approval for wind or solar farms.
The obvious solution is to reduce the world's population dramatically but that's obviously undesirable

I think this is where we go wrong. You do not have to like someone, their politics or views but having never met someone I do not just get calling them a total sack of s**t. It is this that breeds the next level of hate / outrage and yell that we see on twitter and that kills any decent discussion that can be had on any matter.
I have a personal dislike for Bill Shorten that stems from a time when I was in the union and he was secretary and a few incidents i was witness to. However despite not liking the bloke I would stop short of calling him a sack of s**t. A snake maybe.

To be fair, I think all Politicians are phony sacks of poo. I haven’t voted in 30 years.
Scomo personally irks for for refusing to raise Newstart above the poverty line. I don’t know how people can survive on it.
This alone makes him a terrible human being, and an appalling Christian.

Great points.
Interestingly, there are native species of trees that produce seeds that only sprout when exposed to smoke.
Yes, I've read similar though I'm no expert. The Biggest Estate by Bill Gammage is an excellent read. It has changed the way I perceive the landscape. I actually feel as though I understand the landscape differently than I used to because of Gammage.

For the record, I’m vegetarian, I only barbecue mushrooms.
Also for the record, Scomo is a walking talking sack of s**t.
What's that old saying... treats the public like mushrooms? Keeps them in the dark, feeds them s**t.

Thought you were going somewhere with that for a hot second...

My pet peeve is on social media, any time I dare criticise Morrison, I get a load of messages saying I'm but t hurt, I have salty tears for bill, I'm a lefty whiner...

Granted I have a Pink Floyd avatar so assuming I'm left is an easy profile guess but it really bugs me that if I'm anti Morrison I must have been pro Bill.

This binary politics is pitiful, they hitch their flag to a side and dual with one another no matter what the topic. Classic divide and conquer

Makes me sick. I don't have a set ideology, I take each day, each topic on its merits, I've voted both ways... I guess it's my own dumb fault for poking my head around FB and Twitter
The proliferation of extreme partisanship is killing political discussion and politics itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, I think all Politicians are phony sacks of poo. I haven’t voted in 30 years.
Scomo personally irks for for refusing to raise Newstart above the poverty line. I don’t know how people can survive on it.
This alone makes him a terrible human being, and an appalling Christian.
Fair enough.

The proliferation of extreme partisanship is killing political discussion and politics itself.

Just another symptom of where society is currently. Everyone is looking for a side or team to attach their self worth too, the side effect of everything being socially broadcast and judged.

As more people define themselves by the external the harder people fight when there is criticism or questioning of that team or group because it's an attack on them personally.

At the end of the day People are emotional currently. That emotion is being flung at the easiest target which is government. The truth is society is to blame with where we find ourselves. Everyone.
We have burnt through natural resources for years without a care, now we realise this may be bad we demand immediate action. We have spent years wrapping ourselves in barbed wire and now expect people to just get out of it quickly and painlessly. Unfortuantely that isn't going to happen it will take decades and won't be completed during a majority of people's lifetimes.

I hate swearing!!!

052979AC-CCB5-45CC-8E33-289075A2F7D0.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back