Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst media organisations are those which pretend to not merely be impartial, but 'unbiased'. No one and no organisation is unbiased. Everyone has an agenda. I would much rather take my information from media sources which are open about declaring their biases. This was, in fact, precisely how newspapers functioned for many years.

The great thing about the internet age is that we are seeing a return to this style from the new media - and why shouldn't we? If you believe that your worldview is right, then you should put that argument forward and let people who disagree do so through their own publications.

Yep. Find reliable left and reliable right and make your own mind up. I think GUMBLETRON said it earlier in this thread. Follow individuals and small organizations who actually live and die on the accuracy and quality. No large media organisations (though there are a few individual shows and journos in the larger organisations who are reliable).

I prefer not to engage with sports betting companies, who prey on the weak and vulnerable (and from whom I would be receiving 'my' money if I win - the company always wins in the end).
sounds like organised religion.

Could you clarify for me what you mean by that?
sure.

sports betting companies and organised religion are similar in that they both make their money by preying on the weak and vulnerable

Could you specify which organised religions you are referring to, with example of how they do what you accuse them of?
sure could! but do your own research first - don’t be intellectually lazy.

Ugh. Damn it.

I use real clear politics as a guide which collates the media polls, this is their current map:
View attachment 984567

Where are they getting it wrong, from your view?

It's far from clear to me that polls are used for their supposedly intended purpose. It seems to me that polls are being used to shape narratives not tell you who is winning (there is a clear cross over between those 2 concepts which is where the confusion sets in).

Trump is like a rock star on tour. Tens of thousands of people attending multiple rallies he puts on each day.

Biden and Harris can't get anyone to an event. Biden is clearly senile, hiding from an actual campaign, Harris is despised by the "black community" she was locking up for fun while DA in San Fran. She's the most vile, opportunist who will do anything for power, a literal political whore (see her beginning as the paramour of former San Fran mayor Willie Brown, himself corrupt as the day is long).

Americans have been watching on while riots, fueled by the Democrats and associated political interest (the donate to BLM link on the BLM website goes to Act Blue which is a Democrat pac/lobby), turn so many of their cities into scenes out of a middle Eastern country the Yanks have ruined.

Hunter Biden's laptop turns up last week, further corroborating the extent of Biden's corruption, which is the worst kept secret in the US, and the lap top was processed by the top child pr0n investigator of the FBI (suggestion is Chinese blackmail exploting Hunter's depravity and I'm not even going to mention what I've heard it shows him doing). The point being that Biden as President would be completely beholden to the Chinese government (from whom he and his family have siphoned tens of millions).

And yet, what do the polls show when Biden's campaign is at its lowest ebb? Biden's numbers are still climbing.

The focus on polling is now being used in conjunction with this ridiculous indiscriminate postal voting tactically to provide a basis to bog the election outcome down in the courts.

There is a provision in the constitution, article 20 I think, that allows the Congresses to appoint the President in the event the election deadlock cant be resolved.

It sounds extreme but these are the same people who used the intelligence apparatus of the US to spy on a presidential campaign and then try to obstruct the president to have him removed from his office. These are the same people who impeached a President over a phone call in which he asked a foreign president to look into corruption large parts of which are admitted by Biden (because he is stupid enough to have bragged about having Ukranian prosecutor Victor Shokin fired - when it is know he was investigating a company, Burisman, of which Biden's dead beat, drug addict and seemingly pedophile son had been made a director being paid what ultimately amounts to millions of dollars).

Unfortunately mainstream journalism has become an incurious profession of activists so there is virtually no critical analysis of what has been happening in the US for the last 4 to 8 years. Well, there was no critical analysis of anything the Obama admin did. If there was a sense of curiosity, integrity and impartiality in journalism Obama would be thought of with the contempt people rightfully have for Bush Jr. Obama was probably the most corrupt of them all. Even just the simple questions need to be asked. How did he afford a $12m property in Martha's Vinyard? t's the same story for all of these heavyweight politicians, they're worth tens and even hundreds of millions of dollars because they steal from tax payers and sell their offices to the highest bidder.

The reason the Trump smears have gotten this far is because of the number of corrupt politicians and their families on both sides of the aisle (e.g. Pelosi, Biden, Obama, McConnell and Graham). Republicans were happy to see Trump sink until it became clear he's the party's only hope at this point in time.

Trump will win in something close to a land slide.

Last edited:
We accept all denominations in our church. But 20s, 50s and 100s are preferred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer not to engage with sports betting companies, who prey on the weak and vulnerable (and from whom I would be receiving 'my' money if I win - the company always wins in the end).

I hope you don't own any shares directly or indirectly then, because maybe you bought them from somebody who was in a weak and vulnerable position and if you made a profit, you preyed on the weak and vulnerable.

And the broking companies who take a cut always win in the end.

I hope you don't own any shares directly or indirectly then, because maybe you bought them from somebody who was in a weak and vulnerable position and if you made a profit, you preyed on the weak and vulnerable.

And the broking companies who take a cut always win in the end.

I do not consider them equivalent.

I do not consider them equivalent.

It's a financial exchange. You invest an amount of money in a market where you think one thing is going to happen (rise in value) and somebody else thinks the opposite (drop in value). So you exchange money and see what happens.

And if you invest in something like CBA, then you've inadvertantly funded AUSTRAC breaches which facilitated all sorts of really bad things with money exchanges.

If you've got Rio shares, then your company blew up a 40,000 yo heritage site for a little bit more ore. Woodside, you ripped off the Timorese and corrupted Australian democracy. Wesfarmers and not only are you making money from selling ciggies, but you're making money from the Pokies (bad entertainment, not gambling) and awful DIY home tradespeople.

But taking money from some punters willingly handing over their cash to bet against you is not morally equivalent.

Unfortunately mainstream journalism has become an incurious profession of activists so there is virtually no critical analysis of what has been happening in the US for the last 4 to 8 years. Well, there was no critical analysis of anything the Obama admin did. If there was a sense of curiosity, integrity and impartiality in journalism Obama would be thought of with the contempt people rightfully have for Bush Jr. Obama was probably the most corrupt of them all. Even just the simple questions need to be asked. How did he afford a $12m property in Martha's Vinyard? t's the same story for all of these heavyweight politicians, they're worth tens and even hundreds of millions of dollars because they steal from tax payers and sell their offices to the highest bidder.

The reason the Trump smears have gotten this far is because of the number of corrupt politicians and their families on both sides of the aisle (e.g. Pelosi, Biden, Obama, McConnell and Graham). Republicans were happy to see Trump sink until it became clear he's the party's only hope at this point in time.

Trump will in something close to a land slide.

It sounds like you get all your news from Fox News, the number 1 rating cable news channel which complains about "Mainstream Media".

Trump is by far the most corrupt politician in recent US history. He just takes the money and gives it straight to his children, golf courses and hotels of which he has refused to give up a controlling interest. Breached the Hatch Act repeatedly and openly. Nepotism, Cronyism, criminal obstruction and that's just what we know about.

Do you think Obama paid in cash, or do you think he earns a bit of money on Boards and for speeches and maybe put a 20% down-payment which is about $2million, or about 5 speaking engagements. Plus he gets over $200k per year presidential pension plus all the free meals, travel etc.

That's how they have lots of money. $12m sounds like a lot, but when you get $400k per speech (Michelle Obama probably gets $100k herself), it's peanuts.

It sounds like you get all your news from Fox News, the number 1 rating cable news channel which complains about "Mainstream Media".

Trump is by far the most corrupt politician in recent US history. He just takes the money and gives it straight to his children, golf courses and hotels of which he has refused to give up a controlling interest. Breached the Hatch Act repeatedly and openly. Nepotism, Cronyism, criminal obstruction and that's just what we know about.

Do you think Obama paid in cash, or do you think he earns a bit of money on Boards and for speeches and maybe put a 20% down-payment which is about $2million, or about 5 speaking engagements. Plus he gets over $200k per year presidential pension plus all the free meals, travel etc.

That's how they have lots of money. $12m sounds like a lot, but when you get $400k per speech (Michelle Obama probably gets $100k herself), it's peanuts.

The Dems and establishment have spent more than 4 years now trying to get rid of Trump. Investigation after investigation, intelligence use and manipulation. Russiagate and then Ukrainegate. They've impeached on the most contrived bullshit, a phone call with the Urkanian president relating to a sequence of events that Biden admitted on tape, that's the best they could do. Articles that didn't even disclose a proper basis for impeachment and were legally embarrassing (because they basically just say we're Congress and we can impeach over anything we like).

Biden admitting he had Viktor Shokin fired:

Ignore the commentary at the start, it gets the year wrong (though it accurately describes what was going on). It happened in 2016.The "solid" guy who replaced Shokin, Yuri Lutsenko, was not even legally trained, a stooge of Petro Poroshenko who the US had installed as President of Ukraine by backing coups lead by actual fascists, look up the Banderites and the role they played in the Maidan revolution. That sound like a guy who is going to stamp out corruption?

It's not in dispute that Biden's degenerate son Hunter was on the board of Burisma, the most corrupt energy company in Ukraine (ultimately owned and controlled by the quintessential "Russian" gangster a guy called Kolomoisky) which is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Hunter was taking millions in what was essentially another no show job daddy had gotten for him.

You think if Don Jr was involved in anything like that you'd be unaware of it? Do you think it would be left to vague assertion backed up without any examples?

Why is there no mention of anything you've referred to in the articles of impeachment?

Do you really think after throwing the intelligece apparatus of the state and burning every institution to get Trump that the Dems wouldn't just impeach on all of that corruption you've referred to? Who would disagree with that impreachment? Certainly not the majority weasel Republican senators who really only act to try to save their own skins and who dont even know how to appeal to what is now the Republican base. The Republicans held all 3 houses for 2 years and did nothing to stop the witch hunt of the Mueller investigation despite knowing from early to mid 2017 that the Steele Dossier was complete bullshit as has now been established. Funnily enough Mueller, or Weisemann who was really in control of that investigation, knew the same thing and continued investigating anyway.

You want leftist sources for the allegations I've made in relation to the impeachment and the spying: Matt Taibi, The Greyzone (Aaron Mate and Max Blumenthal), anyone on RT (who are all very much on the left), Glenn Greenwald, the Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity.

You need to think through narratives not just accept them because they are convenient.

Last edited:
The Dems and establishment have spent more than 4 years now trying to get rid of Trump. Investigation after investigation, intelligence use and manipulation. Russiagate and then Ukrainegate. They've impeached on the most contrived bullshit, a phone call with the Urkanian president relating to a sequence of events that Biden admitted on tape, that's the best they could do. Articles that didn't even disclose a proper basis for impeachment and were legally embarrassing (because they basically just say we're Congress and we can impeach over anything we like).

Biden admitting he had Viktor Shokin fired:

Ignore the commentary at the start, it gets the year wrong (though it accurately describes what was going on). It happened in 2016.The "solid" guy who replaced Shokin, Yuri Lutsenko, was not even legally trained, a stooge of Petro Poroshenko who the US had installed as President of Ukraine by backing coups lead by actual fascists, look up the Banderites and the role they played in the Maidan revolution. That sound like a guy who is going to stamp out corruption?

It's not in dispute that Biden's degenerate son Hunter was on the board of Burisma, the most corrupt energy company in Ukraine (ultimately owned and controlled by the quintessential "Russian" gangster a guy called Kolomoisky) which is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Hunter was taking millions in what was essentially another no show job daddy had gotten for him.

You think if Don Jr was involved in anything like that you'd be unaware of it? Do you think it would be left to vague assertion backed up without any examples?

Why is there no mention of anything you've referred to in the articles of impeachment?

Do you really think after throwing the intelligece apparatus of the state and burning every institution to get Trump that the Dems wouldn't just impeach on all of that corruption you've referred to? Who would disagree with that impreachment? Certainly not the majority weasel Republican senators who really only act to try to save their own skins and who dont even know how to appeal to what is now the Republican base. The Republicans held all 3 houses for 2 years and did nothing to stop the witch hunt of the Mueller investigation despite knowing from early to mid 2017 that the Steele Dossier was complete bullshit as has now been established. Funnily enough Mueller, or Weisemann who was really in control of that investigation, knew the same thing and continued investigating anyway.

You want leftist sources for the allegations I've made in relation to the impeachment and the spying: Matt Taibi, The Greyzone (Aaron Mate and Max Blumenthal), anyone on RT (who are all very much on the left), Glenn Greenwald, the Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity.

You need to think through narratives not just accept them because they are convenient.

The problem with your "narrative" is that it completely ignores all the "facts" about Trump and GOP involvement in Ukraine. Paul Manafort was Trump's campaign manager (fact) and lobbyist for the Ukrainian President (fact). He was sentenced to 4 years' prison for his corruption, witness tampering and lying to the FBI (all facts).

Rudy Giuliani's friends Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman have been charged with providing Ukrainian money to Republican politicians (Trump) which is illegal (fact).

You'd have to watch a lot of Fox News and loony websites to come to the conclusion that the Democrats are corrupt and the Republicans aren't, considering only Republicans have been charged and convicted of it. While all the evidence against the Bidens comes from a Trump employee (Giuliani).

It's not about "narratives". You can make up all sorts of "narratives". But the ones proved in a court of law are the ones to be believed. Not the fairy tales on news websites.

There's a difference between insinuation in corruption "Narrative" and outright convictions of corruption (facts).

The problem with your "narrative" is that it completely ignores all the "facts" about Trump and GOP involvement in Ukraine. Paul Manafort was Trump's campaign manager (fact) and lobbyist for the Ukrainian President (fact). He was sentenced to 4 years' prison for his corruption, witness tampering and lying to the FBI (all facts).

Rudy Giuliani's friends Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman have been charged with providing Ukrainian money to Republican politicians (Trump) which is illegal (fact).

You'd have to watch a lot of Fox News and loony websites to come to the conclusion that the Democrats are corrupt and the Republicans aren't, considering only Republicans have been charged and convicted of it. While all the evidence against the Bidens comes from a Trump employee (Giuliani).

It's not about "narratives". You can make up all sorts of "narratives". But the ones proved in a court of law are the ones to be believed. Not the fairy tales on news websites.

There's a difference between insinuation in corruption "Narrative" and outright convictions of corruption (facts).

So why didn't they impeach him for that?

You need to get past that first hurdle.

This isn't a matter of opinion. You're armed with all of these "facts" which would clearly form the basis for impeachment which were not used.

My knowledge has nothing to do with Fox news. That's how you dismiss what I say. Fox, Tucker aside and he's the only show I watch and he hasn't been on this story for that long, doesn't scratch the surface for the exact reason you've mentioned. The GOP is in it up to their eyeballs.

Nothing I've said is partisan, by the way. That's again just a way of dismissing something, because it could only be a partisan view.

Manafort's involvement in the Ukraine was lobbying Yanukovic for the US gov trying to convince him to side with the US interests against Russia (when that failed they went to plan B which was the Banderite facists and Poroshenko). He was working with one of the Podestas. He got done for not being registered as a foreign agent and for tax fraud. It had nothing to do with Trump.

Why else would the Dems have destroyed convention relating to impeachment? They basically had their John Kerr moment in terms of trashing the constitution but I suspect it will be more like Labour changing leaders and that the US is entering a period in which impeachment will become a norm.

Don't you find it weird that for all of the smoke they've never found a fire?

Don't you find it weird that stories relating to Hunter Biden's laptop, including the original NY Post story are being censored?

Why do they need to censor it? Why does Trump not get the courtesy?

Last edited:
So why didn't they impeach him for that?

You need to get past that first hurdle.

This isn't a matter of opinion. You're armed with all of these "facts" which clearly form the basis for impeachment which were not used.

My knowledge has nothing to do with Fox news. That's how you dismiss what I say. Fox, Tucker aside and he's the only show I watch and he hasn't been on this story for that long, doesn't scratch the surface for the exact reason you've mentioned. The GOP is in it up to their eyeballs.

Nothing I've said is partisan, by the way. That's again just a way of dismissing something, because it could only be a partisan view.

Manafort's involvement in the Ukraine was lobbying Yanukovic for the US gov trying to convince him to side with the US interests against Russia. He was working with one of the Podestas. He got done for not being registered as a foreign agent and for tax fraud. It had nothing to do with Trump.

Why else would the Dems have destroyed convention relating to impeachment? They basically had their John Kerr moment in terms of trashing the constitution but I suspect it will be more like Labour changing leaders and that the US is entering a period in which impeachment will become a norm.

Don't you find it weird that for all of the smoke they've never found a fire?

I just realised your Avatar is Alex Jones. So you get your "News" from a source who said in open court that no reasonable person would believe what he says and that he's a performance artist, not a news source. None of what you said still resembled anything like facts, just an agglomeration of random narratives.

I won't bother any more, you're obviously too far down a worm-hole.

I just realised your Avatar is Alex Jones. So you get your "News" from a source who said in open court that no reasonable person would believe what he says and that he's a performance artist, not a news source. None of what you said still resembled anything like facts, just an agglomeration of random narratives.

I won't bother any more, you're obviously too far down a worm-hole.

Play the arguments and facts, not the man.

I've given you something like 5 hard core left journalists I religiously follow.

I know I'm right because on this issue they are in heated agreement with the journalists on the right I follow.

That's the only way I can think to corroborate things without doing all the research myself (and it still requires a fair bit).

Infowars is like one of those drones that gets sent to outer space. There is s**t all over the place and there is a lot of information which is difficult to process. The information is something you tend to appreciate retrospectively because most of what is reported is correct. Whether it is responsible journalism I cant say because I dont know what their sources are.

Last edited:
There are two legs to this.

1) That the American political duopoloy has been hopelessly corrupted by corporate money over the past few decades. This driving voters against the status quo is entirely unsurprising.

2) That a con-man who openly engages in the very same grift while flirting with autocrats and autocracy and seeking to dismantle the checks and balances on which the democracy rests is an effective, let alone optimal response to 1. His policy incompetence is almost by the by.

It takes a strange credulity to accept both.

There are two legs to this.

1) That the American political duopoloy has been hopelessly corrupted by corporate money over the past few decades. This driving voters against the status quo is entirely unsurprising.

2) That a con-man who openly engages in the very same grift while flirting with autocrats and autocracy and seeking to dismantle the checks and balances on which the democracy rests is an effective, let alone optimal response to 1. His policy incompetence is almost by the by.

It takes a strange credulity to accept both.

What does 2 mean? I understand the words but what are your examples of flirting with autocracy and dismantling checks and balances on which the democracy rests?

I'm not asking because I can't think of the sorts of things you may have in mind but you're essentially calling me gullible so it's probably up to you to set up why you think that to be the case?

I'm not asking because I can't think of the sorts of things you may have in mind but you're essentially calling me gullible so it's probably up to you to set up why you think that to be the case?
Given you can readily think of the sorts of things I have in mind it doesn't sound like I need to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back