Travel The Hangar Travel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got back from 22 days in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand on Saturday morning. I'll give it a bit of a review plus some pics later in the week when I have some time but initial highlights include:
  • Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
  • Angkor Wat in Cambodia
  • The food in Thailand
  • 50c draught beer in Cambodia

Family has gathered in Kathmandu. Off to Pokhara tomorrow for a 7 day trek near the Annapurna himal (where we last trekked about 30 years ago.) Looking forward to walking here again, now with our 3 kids even if they grumble ungratefully up and down the "hills". Merry Christmas everyone!
How did the trip go?

How did the trip go?
Hi, meant to reply but got distracted when looking for a photo to post and couldn't decide from the hundreds we seem to have taken. There were 10 in our group, three of whom were very keen photographers...

It was as good as it possibly could have been. Nine days around the Annapurna range. Challenging in some places but always so beautiful. Will try to post pics soon. 1000 words and all that!

Got back from 22 days in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand on Saturday morning. I'll give it a bit of a review plus some pics later in the week when I have some time but initial highlights include:
  • Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
  • Angkor Wat in Cambodia
  • The food in Thailand

It's ten days later *face.

TEN DAYS.

Empty promises...

• Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
  • Angkor Wat in Cambodia
  • The food in Thailand

Going back to Vietnam in August/Sept this year with my wife, but this time with the kids in tow.
Cannot wait to get back, and this time really explore Ho Chi Min.
We have friends living in Hoi An so that's going to be where we spend most of our time and hopefully we'll get a chance to visit Ha Long Bay.

Dreaming of the food.

Going back to Vietnam in August/Sept this year with my wife, but this time with the kids in tow.
Cannot wait to get back, and this time really explore Ho Chi Min.
We have friends living in Hoi An so that's going to be where we spend most of our time and hopefully we'll get a chance to visit Ha Long Bay.

Dreaming of the food.
Sounds great. The food was great but I found the Thai food to be the best of the three countries we went to.

Ha Long Bay was incredible but we went during winter when it was 18 or so degrees so going in August/September sounds great!

I really loved Vietnam - it was my favourite of the three countries. Vietnam for the vibe and people, Cambodia for Angkor Wat and Thailand for the food!

Was in Sydney/Brisbane last week for a few days to see a friend perform. Surprisingly enjoyed myself in both cities.

Off to London/Berlin/Paris/Copenhagen (+1 other city if time permits) this Friday. Going to be coldddddd.

Was in Sydney/Brisbane last week for a few days to see a friend perform. Surprisingly enjoyed myself in both cities.

Off to London/Berlin/Paris/Copenhagen (+1 other city if time permits) this Friday. Going to be coldddddd.

Have you done Europe before?

I absolutely LOVED Berlin.

Paris is great for the touristy things, but a couple days there is enough.

First time I visited Paris I spent 2 days there and didn't enjoy it all that much. Second time I went for 2 weeks and loved it. So much to explore in each of the quarters and the city grows on you.

I've been before, but in my mind it hardly counts. It was a skate trip to skate Barcelona, and visit some family in London back in 2009. So I'm counting this as my first legitimate trip to Europe.

Berlin is where I'll be spending half of the trip. I have a handful of friends there who all do different things there, so it'll be nice to have a broad spectrum of things to do/see.

Paris I've heard so many mixed things about, which makes me even more excited to go there. I'm only there for 48 hours, and staying in The Marais, which seems like a really nice zone.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad thing about Copenhagen.

I've been before, but in my mind it hardly counts. It was a skate trip to skate Barcelona, and visit some family in London back in 2009. So I'm counting this as my first legitimate trip to Europe.

Berlin is where I'll be spending half of the trip. I have a handful of friends there who all do different things there, so it'll be nice to have a broad spectrum of things to do/see.

Paris I've heard so many mixed things about, which makes me even more excited to go there. I'm only there for 48 hours, and staying in The Marais, which seems like a really nice zone.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad thing about Copenhagen.
What would your 5th city be if you had the time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sun was out in Milan on the weekend. When in Milan do as the Venetians do.

27540170_10210932960343195_3758436207165980297_n.jpg

Last edited:
What would your 5th city be if you had the time?

Would've been Athens, but have opted to spend extra days in London. Surprised by how much I'm loving London, despite the bollocks weather. Hackney/Dalston is a great area to stay in.

Heading to Hawaii in June. Combined 50th/25th anniversary. 75 years of misery mucking about.
which island? We were there for a family wedding last Jan. Highlight was snorkeling with pods of dolphins (must have been over 300) on the Big Island. Also really liked Waikiki, much to our surprise.

which island? We were there for a family wedding last Jan. Highlight was snorkeling with pods of dolphins (must have been over 300) on the Big Island. Also really liked Waikiki, much to our surprise.

Oahu. We're staying 8 nights but we plan to do day trips to the other islands, and if we end up staying the night on one of them no biggie. Haven't done any booking other than flights and accom, just working out what we want to do and then work on a schedule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back