Travel The Hangar Travel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had to pick one though? Not that we can't go to both but how would you separate them if possible?

Looks like we can catch a ferry to Eat Street which is a novel idea!

Eat Street is better but I think it is only open Friday and Saturday night.

I know as a married man I'm not even supposed to THINK about it let alone talk about it but just sitting in Brisbane cbd people watching I can't help but notice how many really attractive looking women there are here.

Lol, I'm in the middle of the Great Sandy Desert and there aint many here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More Copenhagen - sun came out for a bit

54382A03-6A8F-4B2E-95D8-F323F6959DA6.jpeg 5AE91CEB-652C-4C0E-9A53-2A9546C18D0D.jpeg

Back in the 90s when I used to live in Fitzroy there was a butcher around the corner in Smith Street called Jonathon who used to make the most superb duck neck sausages. It was nice to find them again in the middle of Copenhagen (top of the board) .

CB9CB59D-7AE7-4EB0-AE48-42257F6D79F0.jpeg 366E4406-597C-4FCD-9B4F-20F57A5D1E43.jpeg

Up the round tower

869D4E1B-1AE4-43DB-AC1C-7EFD64EA834A.jpeg

What to do??

Attachments

• 3F321822-118E-4BC4-9AAA-9DB29E34DC8E.jpeg
    3F321822-118E-4BC4-9AAA-9DB29E34DC8E.jpeg
    522.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
More Copenhagen - sun came out for a bit

View attachment 594439 View attachment 594440

Back in the 90s when I used to live in Fitzroy there was a butcher around the corner in Smith Street called Jonathon who used to make the most superb duck neck sausages. It was nice to find them again in the middle of Copenhagen (top of the board) .

View attachment 594441 View attachment 594442

Up the round tower

View attachment 594443

What to do??

Not sure if you're still there, but check out Lousiana Museum in Humlebæk. Couldn't recommended it strongly enough.

If you had to pick one though? Not that we can't go to both but how would you separate them if possible?

Looks like we can catch a ferry to Eat Street which is a novel idea!

Did you get to Eat Street?

Escaping Christmas and our crazy family...

If there is a god and he has a country, it might be New Zealand.
View attachment 598273 View attachment 598275
The Hooker and Tasman Valleys are two of the more special places you will find; the Hooker especially IMO.

Luke Pukaki is also unbelievably spectacular.

Take it from me, if you find those sorts of landscapes to your liking, you need to get to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego.

The Hooker and Tasman Valleys are two of the more special places you will find; the Hooker especially IMO.

Luke Pukaki is also unbelievably spectacular.

Take it from me, if you find those sorts of landscapes to your liking, you need to get to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego.
I completely agree. Simply stunning.

Patagonia is on my list for sure. There is something about snow capped mountains and crystal lakes in the same landscape that really draws me in.

I may have imagined this but did you hike the Routeburn track? I had a feeling that you may have. Not sure why.

I completely agree. Simply stunning.

Patagonia is on my list for sure. There is something about snow capped mountains and crystal lakes in the same landscape that really draws me in.

I may have imagined this but did you hike the Routeburn track? I had a feeling that you may have. Not sure why.
Negative, I've not done any of the official Great Walks in New Zealand. I've done decent length day ones (10km+) at many places though:

• Arthur Pass
  • Franz Josef Glacier
  • Fox Glacier
  • Otago Peninsula (incredible coastal views)
  • The Catlins
  • Mount Aspiring/Rob Roy Glacier
  • Lake Marian (near Milford Sound)
  • The Remarkables
  • Hooker Valley
  • Tasman Valley
  • Lake Manapouri

As you can see, all South Island. I really want to do the Tongariro Crossing in the North, but yeah, being mainly a mountain man, the South is where it is at for me. Mount Cook is one of the most spectacular mountains there is; a mini-Everest even in appearance.

Negative, I've not done any of the official Great Walks in New Zealand. I've done decent length day ones (10km+) at many places though:

• Arthur Pass
  • Franz Josef Glacier
  • Fox Glacier
  • Otago Peninsula (incredible coastal views)
  • The Catlins
  • Mount Aspiring/Rob Roy Glacier
  • Lake Marian (near Milford Sound)
  • The Remarkables
  • Hooker Valley
  • Tasman Valley
  • Lake Manapouri

As you can see, all South Island. I really want to do the Tongariro Crossing in the North, but yeah, being mainly a mountain man, the South is where it is at for me.
Nice.

Where is lake Manapouri?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back