Travel The Hangar Travel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry its taken me this long to report on my USA/Canada trip! Honestly everything was amazing (besides LA but I'll get to that) and we had no issues.

Favourite part of the trip was definitely Disneyworld and Brooklyn, I honestly want to move to Orlando so I can go to the theme parks every weekend haha.

Least favourite as I said was LA, but I think it was more to do with where we stayed (West Hollywood), I found it really dirty and the place just felt 'soulless' if that makes sense. Worst thing was walking to Hollywood boulevard and walking past a guy on the sidewalk masturbating with one hand and his crack pipe in the other hand :sick: I think if we go back we'll just be staying near Disneyland next time and then moving onto the next place.We did go to an NBA and NHL game and got to see Lebron James play though so that was pretty cool.

San Fran was really awesome, we stayed at a really cute air bnb about a 10 minute Uber out of the main downtown part. We went to Alcatraz and that was really interesting, definitely recommend it!

Also cannot talk enough about how big everything is over there haha!

We picked up a car and drove to Yosemite National Park next, that was so beautiful but really cold. Driving out of SF was interesting being the first time we've ever driven in the US :grimacing: American drivers are crazy. We stayed at a lodge and everything was really nice, did a few hikes and got to take in some awesome views.

We drove to Vegas next and that was a long day, Vegas was awesome though. We stayed for two nights and got to see an NHL game and the atmosphere was great. I thought AFL fans were nuts but they are nothing compared to American sport fans. This was our view from the Bellagio.

Next was flying to Orlando! We stayed at Disneyworld for 4 days, I was so happy for that whole time. I used to hate rides and rollercoasters but after spending 5 days at theme parks I know love them and wanted to go on everything, hubby doesn't like rides as much though which turned into quite possibly the best photo of all time. As you can see I'm having a wonderful time on the ride but my husband not so much :tearsofjoy:

We also went to Universal Studios and that was super fun as well, Harry Potter World & The Simpsons land were amazing and we got to eat at Krusty Burger :D

Ok I can't fit any more images in so I'll do another post haha.

So we went to Chicago next, going from 28 degrees to 2 degrees was awful but Chicago itself was a really cool city. We went to a baseball game at Wrigley field, honestly I find baseball boring as it was about 1 degree so we didn't stay too long but we did get to eat nachos and a hot dog haha.

Favourite thing about Chicago was their deep dish pizza though :hearteyes: It was so heavy and just full of cheese haha.

We stayed at an air bnb in Brooklyn for 8 nights and I just fell in love with Brooklyn, such an awesome place but pretty hipsterish where we stayed (Williamsburg). Managed to score tickets to the NBA playoffs (set us back $700) but was worth it. Amazing atmosphere.

Times Square was nuts as you'd imagine, but I feel like you need 2 - 4 weeks in NYC to really appreciate it.

Lastly was Vancouver and Banff. I can't even begin to describe how beautiful Canada is. Photos don't do it justice.

So yeah, A+ holiday all in all :tearsofjoy:

Was expedition everest :) :tearsofjoy: at least he gave it a go haha.
Oh yeah I'm not sure I would have even done that. I hate those things and if I was in a pic like that it would've been very similar. Funny story actually, my mum and sister were there a long time ago and have that same photo and everyone in it is screaming with eyes closed except this one guy who is looking deadset at the camera and smiling as calm as you like as if he's just having any old photo taken. It's quite bizarre.

Just had another look at your pics on the monitor (first time was on the phone). Really great stuff. That pizza is insane. Don't think I could eat something like that. What was Springfield like?

Last edited:
Been back for a week or so from the jaunt, the kids first os holiday. The chief aim was to take them out of their comfort zones to see they really have nothing much in life to whinge about...

We carefully interspersed fun days amongst the testing days to keep them going.

First week in Singapore was fun, we met some old friends there that now live in the USA, but he has roots in Singapore so took us to his favorite haunts, most things involved hawker food or swimming pools ;)

IMG_20190713_082253.jpg

IMG_20190701_203358.jpg

Went over the border to Malaysia next and stayed at Lego land in Johor Baru, was pretty cool actually!

The room was Lego adventure themed, they had a treasure map with clues to open a safe in the corner, took them an hour or so to figure it out and get the Lego prizes

Fun rooms!

IMG_20190703_155257.jpg

IMG_20190704_090502.jpg

From here went for a few days in KL, I liked it there, great food again! We found a noodle man that we visited every few hours

received_473740569864406.png

Took them to the Batu caves, hot as hell but monkeys made it fun

received_464143994147206.png

Next post pending..

Next flew to Langkawi island, pretty rustic low key type of island with mountainus jungle, perfect beaches and animals everywhere... But some pretty down trodden places inbetween

received_318852389021853.png

The water was so warm, like a bath...could stay in all-night. Loads of hermit crabs grabbing any shell they could running up the beach, otters, monkeys, monitor lizards, everything!

Took the boy on a few jungle treks

IMG_20190708_184813.jpg

Pretty cool looking monkeys up there

IMG_20190709_101647.jpg

Spend 4 days at the Andaman, a resort away from it all then 3 days at cenang beach which is a bit more developed

IMG_20190709_192512.jpg

Then flew back to Singapore for a few more days,then home!

Was pretty successful other than a few days when the boy just wanted to eat chips but they were not to be found

Oh yeah I'm not sure I would have even done that. I hate those things and if I was in a pic like that it would've been very similar. Funny story actually, my mum and sister were there a long time ago and have that same photo and everyone in it is screaming with eyes closed except this one guy who is looking deadset at the camera and smiling as calm as you like as if he's just having any old photo taken. It's quite bizarre.

Just had another look at your pics on the monitor (first time was on the phone). Really great stuff. That pizza is insane. Don't think I could eat something like that. What was Springfield like?

The pizza was so good. But definitely felt like my heart was going to stop afterwards haha.

Springfield was really cool, ate at Krusty Burger and had a drink at Moe's :)

It's amazing to think the locals would 99% of the time take that view for granted.

I know. Canada was definitely the most beautiful place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summer holidays are coming to an end 😢

36977827-D4E6-43D8-B2B5-0AAD4A461EE5.jpeg

On the road to Skye - every view is a postcard

EC4B3691-C22D-4AB6-80F6-8D981E60A75C.jpeg

The Quiraing (pronounced Kerang)

9F8816AA-6D76-4A74-A964-07E406C60961.jpeg

Up on Sgurr na Stri - a bit of a slog but worth it. I wanted to pitch a tent and see sunrise but the locals said a storm was coming and it would blow me off the mountain (at least I think that’s what they said 🤔).

Been back a couple of weeks now. Here are some of my favourite snaps from Japan.
1654dcfbdfa0fdc1d8b8a5a38d71c7ab.plist
Go Karting in front of Osaka Castle

5d245dbc214281cf65e1e5cba7e7ead7.plist

Shibuya at night - Tokyo

1c2c3a2ca3310f8f57de4554b1654756.plist

Arashiyama Bamboo Grove - Kyoto

6de23cf440135254010bc13e3668dffe.plist

Dotonbori Canal - Osaka

d5d090fb5bac055c113c1e75723e06b3.plist

A-Bomb Dome - Hiroshima

95d079b612852745aaa66f98b10aadfe.plist

Human Shadow Etched in Stone - Hiroshima

Well we've taken the plunge with baby travel, when she will be 7 and a half months old. We are going to New Zealand in late January for ten days. Queenstown and Wanaka, so places we're well familiar with.

Cross your fingers for us folks!

Never been to Bali and have never had any desire to do so but just nailed $249 return tickets for next sept. Be rude not too

Kid free holiday too, gets better! Missus says she going to 'detox' I'm going to assume it's detox from kids and not the colonic cleansing, raw food diet style. I didn't sign up for such things...

Anyhow, sale just started, free returns on loads of Jetstar routes. Be quick!

Never been to Bali and have never had any desire to do so but just nailed $249 return tickets for next sept. Be rude not too

Kid free holiday too, gets better! Missus says she going to 'detox' I'm going to assume it's detox from kids and not the colonic cleansing, raw food diet style. I didn't sign up for such things...

Anyhow, sale just started, free returns on loads of Jetstar routes. Be quick!
$139 from Perth :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back