Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watching Westworld?

I am. Quite enjoying it. I found out something interesting about the set used for the original 1973 film too. Same set as was used for Rock Ridge in Blazing Saddles one year later!

Anyone watching Westworld?

I am. Quite enjoying it. I found out something interesting about the set used for the original 1973 film too. Same set as was used for Rock Ridge in Blazing Saddles one year later!
Yep I am. Think the first two episodes have been great. Music has been excellent too.

Yep I am. Think the first two episodes have been great. Music has been excellent too.
I'm really curious to watch the original movie but can't find it anywhere.

Started watching *burp* started watching Rick and, Rick and Morty, y'know, and it's-uh, it's-uh, it's a pretty good show y-y-y-y know, it's got a lotta things in it, a lotta catch phrases and a lot of thaaaaaaat dramatic irony crap and it's it's it's pretty catchy I mean I binged that *er in short order. It's pretty good.

No seriously it's the true successor to classic Futurama and it's brilliantly caustic and callous. Roilland's performance as the two leads is incredible, absolutely mind-blowing to think that much of it is one person having a conversation with himself. Most of the high concept stuff is just brilliant, perfect comic set ups and pay-offs. The only shame is there isn't more of it. And the improvisational aspect is a great USP.

I wonder if they will expand more on the world outside of Westworld and HQ. If they have this sort of tech in this world then it wouldn't be limited to just a Jurassic Park like thing, that seems to have a lot more interesting implications.
It seems to me that the tech is cutting edge though which says to me it is kind of Jurassic Parky.
Although they have hinted at ulterior plans for the technology. There was that conversation between the storyline guy and the ballbusting female exec on the balcony
I'm loving Anthony Hopkins.

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
It seems to me that the tech is cutting edge though which says to me it is kind of Jurassic Parky.
Although they have hinted at ulterior plans for the technology. There was that conversation between the storyline guy and the ballbusting female exec on the balcony
I'm loving Anthony Hopkins.
Yeah there has to be some sort of bigger thing to it because even in the worst case scenario and the A.I becomes aware and evil, there's like 2000 of them and they can't really do much. Tho I wouldn't be bothered if they still found a way to just keep it focused on the whole morality of A.I thing they've been pushing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I simply can't fathom how that show is still a thing. I can't believe I watched like 4 or 5 seasons before finally giving it up.

Is ritardando (it's a real word, not a swear word evasion!) science guy still alive?
Well, the comics are still going so they have enough material although I think they're just about caught up now.

Fear of the Walking Dead is worse. I actually keep hoping most of the humans are killed they're that annoying.

Are you talking about the chubby guy with the mullet? If so then yes (unless he dies in today's episode which I haven't seen yet).

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Nice. Very well done. Had me fooled.
IMG_3515.JPG

Walking Dead had me in full recoil mode. I don't usually flinch watching TV... but jeez that was intense. ******* Lucille...
I thought they would cop out like they did with the baby in the comics. I was thinking it would be way too gory to do that to the same level on a tv show but lo and behold they went the full monty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back