Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The concept itself was the whole reason we made it as far as we did, and it really is a cool concept.
It was the other stuff that was the put off for us.
Yeah I can understand that. I was teetering on the edge of not bothering after the gap between s2e1 and the rest but I figured I'd see it through and I'm glad I did. There was some good stuff, particularly with Sun who kicks arse. The final sequence was a bit naff in a htf did they do that kind of way but it has kept me interested enough to probably check out s3 when it happens.

It is an interesting concept and the way they have shot it is pretty cool as people can be having a conversation whilst being in different countries so one person will say something in India and the other person will respond in Africa yet they're both in both places and the way they can take over each others bodies in order to help the person that's physically there deal with some situation using their skill set. The musical montages were really beginning to s**t me in the second series though. It just started to feel like padding to me.

Saw the Bollywood one last night and needless to say we weren't fans of it. Never knew the Wachowski's were that into musical montages.
I don't remember the Matrix movies having any.....

This might be a little tangental but did anyone else watch '13 Reasons Why' and immediately think about James Hird? It's obviously a darkest timeline version but I found that the whole thing ran very parallel for me.

I thought it was excellent though, it's just that if you cut out the theatrics and the way it ultimately ended it arcs in basically identical fashion.

Just started the new Silicon Valley season last night. The first 2 episodes were hilarious. Wondering if they've changed writers or something. It was getting really meh but I had several genuine lols in the first 2 eps. Third one not quite as good but my interest in this series has been reinvigorated nonetheless.
That's good to hear.

I loved the first season but it was struggling in season 3.

Will have to check it out.

You'll probably hate it..
Nah they're self aware in their sexism; it's done to point out the absurdity of the common man. So it's OK by me.

Being serious though, I love Mike Judge's humour (apart from Beavis & Butthead; so there's my obligatory contrarion view).

Idiocracy, Office Space and Extract all have that same humour that I enjoyed in season 1 of Silicon Valley.

I wish he made more films.

Trial and error. I honestly can't remember seeing a sitcom that was running so well so quickly, which is so hard since a lot of good sitcoms' humor is character-based, and it obviously takes a few episodes to get to know them. I may have actually fallen in love with Jayma Mays' character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New season of Fargo starts tonight doug85. Wifey wants to save it and binge. I'm agitating for watch as it comes. We are seemingly at an impasse.
I haven't actually watched any of it yet. There's 5 episodes available if you're a pirate. I totally forgot it was out but I'll probably watch at least one episode tonight.

There's so much bloody content I can't keep up anymore!

I haven't actually watched any of it yet. There's 5 episodes available if you're a pirate. I totally forgot it was out but I'll probably watch at least one episode tonight.

There's so much bloody content I can't keep up anymore!
I didn't know that actually. I don't pirate any more unless forced to. As you say there's so much content around we can always find something to watch. Working through Daredevil at the moment. I swear lead guy looks like Jobe when he has his sunglasses on.

This might be a little tangental but did anyone else watch '13 Reasons Why' and immediately think about James Hird? It's obviously a darkest timeline version but I found that the whole thing ran very parallel for me.

I thought it was excellent though, it's just that if you cut out the theatrics and the way it ultimately ended it arcs in basically identical fashion.

Only a little tangental! Your mind must operate in dark and mysterious ways:D

I didn't know that actually. I don't pirate any more unless forced to. As you say there's so much content around we can always find something to watch. Working through Daredevil at the moment. I swear lead guy looks like Jobe when he has his sunglasses on.
Yeah I thought the same thing about the bottom half of his face being Jobe like.

Wait until The Punisher turns up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back