Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone up for some sci fi. New netflix series Altered Carbon is pretty good.

3 eps in and the world is one id love to be explored more.

Great. Been looking for something new to watch.

Yep it just crossed the line from interesting to disturbing with some concepts.

Cant stop watching

Has anybody watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? It's a strange show. Drama length but definitely a comedy. If you haven't watched it, do yourself a favour and do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Good Place is ******* excellent.
Yes! I finished that a couple of days ago. :D Did slightly geek out with the moral philosophy stuff :eyes: that's probably more a me thing than a most people thing though :p

I'm glad they didn't drag it out. Two seasons told the story and told it well without too much bs.

Yes! I finished that a couple of days ago. :D Did slightly geek out with the moral philosophy stuff :eyes: that's probably more a me thing than a most people thing though :p

I'm glad they didn't drag it out. Two seasons told the story and told it well without too much bs.
As the first season was progressing I thought "I love this but I don't see much longevity..." then BAM they're actually in the bad place and Michael is just going to reset the simulation. Okay, that's next season's plot but then-- nope, hundreds of simulations in the very first episode. It's fantastic at these changes to the overarching story.

That it has a definitive end is big points for me straight away.
Short episodes, every single one ends in a cliffhanger though. Beware! It is good though.

Pretty much the first time I've seen Kristen Bell act, pretty good I think. I mean I'm no theatre snob, but yeah I liked her in it haha. I like Ted Danson's character as well, very interesting the way the character changes over time.

As the first season was progressing I thought "I love this but I don't see much longevity..." then BAM they're actually in the bad place and Michael is just going to reset the simulation. Okay, that's next season's plot but then-- nope, hundreds of simulations in the very first episode. It's fantastic at these changes to the overarching story.
Yep, I loved the way they did that. I found that 802 reboots episode a bit tedious by the end of it, but ultimately it was okay and served it's purpose in the plot. Bad Janet! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: wtf! Janet generally :handok:

The end of season 2 played like a full stop. Any idea where they're going to go with it next?

Like an onion or something... layers?
I assume they are in the real world getting a second chance at becoming good people, they only focused on El so still have Chidi, Jason and Tahini to cover.

But it ended with Eleanor finding Chidi IRL...
I assume they are in the real world getting a second chance at becoming good people, they only focused on El so still have Chidi, Jason and Tahini to cover.

Okay I tried to say this part not in a spoiler and it just got way too vague hahah. To me they made that whole point about how 802 times they tried to separate them, and every time she would somehow meet Chidi, take moral philosophy lessons, become a better person and figure out that they were actually in the bad place. So her meeting Chidi irl I think it's fair to assume she would again take the moral philosophy lessons and become a better person, as she has done 802 times before. So does that mean we go to the real Good Place in season 3? Does she have to die again to get there? Or are they still actually in the Bad Place? How did Danson appear as a bartender irl if he's meant to be in the afterlife thing? Or do we just groundhog day for the rest of eternity with perpetual reset, rinse and repeat? Logic really doesn't serve me well in this show ahaha

It does have some really good twists in it though so I guess if they continue it it would probably be something crazy and unexpected.

It kind of reminds me of this story...

One day a farmer's horse ran away, and all the people in the town said "how unfortunate!"
Then the next day the horse came back with three wild horses, and all the people in the town said "how fortunate!"
The farmer's son tried to ride one of the wild horses, fell off and broke his leg, which didn't heal properly and he had a limp. "How unfortunate!"
Then the country went to war and the military came around looking for recruits. Because he had a limp, the farmer's son wasn't made to join. "How fortunate!"

It has that sort of constant twisting and turning aspect of it haha, keeps turning everything on it's head. As long as it doesn't become like Lost :|

Remove this Banner Ad

Back