AFL Club
GWS
Yeah finished it
Took me a while 2 get into
Negatives:
Most of the characters were annoying
It was more drama then horror
Time flipping was confusing at the start

I actually don't know why I enjoyed it as much as I did.
The cinematography was the best part for me. I felt like a fly on the wall or part of the family...weird
Acting was top notch

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
The clickbait articles for this on my news feed are killing me.

"HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE IS SO TERRIFYING A GRANDMA DIED OF A HEART ATTACK ON THE BUS AFTER OVERHEARING TWO SCHOOL KIDS TALK ABOUT IT"
"YOU WILL WATCH THIS SHOW AND SHIT YOUR PANTS AND SHIT WLL DRIBBLE INTO YOUR SHOES IT'S SO SCARY TAKE YOUR HEART MEDICATION FIRST OMG MUST WATCH!"

Enjoying this one so far but it's not that scary.

stabler

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Melbourne
Boring is the right word. The last episode was dreadful. Characters very unlikable. Wanted to punch shirley in the throat.
I actually found Shirley hugely attractive, especially the scene at the bar.

That's neither here nor there though. I thought the entire cast was perfect, up there with the best assembled I've seen. Direction was first class also and the tall man sequence was jaw dropping

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Finished it a couple of days ago, very good, the first few eps was quite scary and really drew me in, the negative on this is it really fizzles out towards the end IMO, last couple of eps weren’t great.

Warsaw

Leviathan
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Thought went a little off the rails at the end, but for the most part felt that this was of a terrific quality.

The first six episodes especially, with 'Two Storms' being one of best episodes of TV I've seen this year. Not a 'horror', but a deeply traumatic psychological family drama, which I'd prefer to watch anyway.

Marlowe

The 'M' is Silent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I am only on ep 6 but that itself is the best episode of television I've seen since Twin Peaks.

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
The hype over this is big
It's alright. I'm a huge horror fan but generally don't watch TV shows. I'm enjoying this but there's a few frustrating moments.

I mean how much shit needs to happen in the ******* house before everyone acknowledges that it's haunted? Jesus. And how come the lezzo just randomly hooks up with her sisters husband? Yeah nah, that's just shabby writing

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Huge call, but probably my favourite season of any show ever. I have been craving a horror movie or franchise to combine the drama elements with horror that isn't 'lame' horror. The Conjuring did a really good job. This is absolutely next level. Worth watching just for episode 6 alone.
Already planning a re-watch which is something I don't normally do.

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Finished it last night.

Overall I enjoyed it, it kinda sucked a bit at the end though.

Hope they don't make another season. Westworld S02 sucked arse, no need to do that to this.

Last edited:

DIG

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I liked that the show felt like a jigsaw puzzle and the blanks were slowly filled in, not it an annoying way either.

It clearly peaked in the middle. Episodes 5 and 6, brilliant TV. Two storms in particular, truly one of the better eps of TV I’ve ever seen.

Bogged down in too much dialogue by the end, I’d still give it a solid 8/10, it’s worth watching for the first 6 eps.

Some creepy stuff too, bit like Conjuring at times.

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bloody excellent.

Ending was a little soft, but hard to finish something like this well; at least they tied off all of the strings.

Milanista28

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Wasn't scary more freaky, Had it's moments Ep 5 and 6. End was complete dross, Was horrible and way too meh.

Top Bottom