FTA-TV The Haunting of Hill House

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Anyone watching this series on Netflix? Brilliant. Currently sitting on a 9.1 on IMDB. Great acting and genuine scares.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah finished it
Took me a while 2 get into
Negatives:
Most of the characters were annoying
It was more drama then horror
Time flipping was confusing at the start

I actually don't know why I enjoyed it as much as I did.
The cinematography was the best part for me. I felt like a fly on the wall or part of the family...weird
Acting was top notch

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
It's just a bit boring....

It feels like it would have been better as a 6 episode series. So much fat you could have trimmed off it.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
The clickbait articles for this on my news feed are killing me.

"HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE IS SO TERRIFYING A GRANDMA DIED OF A HEART ATTACK ON THE BUS AFTER OVERHEARING TWO SCHOOL KIDS TALK ABOUT IT"
"YOU WILL WATCH THIS SHOW AND s**t YOUR PANTS AND s**t WLL DRIBBLE INTO YOUR SHOES IT'S SO SCARY TAKE YOUR HEART MEDICATION FIRST OMG MUST WATCH!"

Enjoying this one so far but it's not that scary.

images-104.jpg

"I told you not to buy Hill House!"

"Oh shut up Niles....."

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Boring is the right word. The last episode was dreadful. Characters very unlikable. Wanted to punch shirley in the throat.

I actually found Shirley hugely attractive, especially the scene at the bar.

That's neither here nor there though. I thought the entire cast was perfect, up there with the best assembled I've seen. Direction was first class also and the tall man sequence was jaw dropping

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Finished it a couple of days ago, very good, the first few eps was quite scary and really drew me in, the negative on this is it really fizzles out towards the end IMO, last couple of eps weren’t great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Thought went a little off the rails at the end, but for the most part felt that this was of a terrific quality.

The first six episodes especially, with 'Two Storms' being one of best episodes of TV I've seen this year. Not a 'horror', but a deeply traumatic psychological family drama, which I'd prefer to watch anyway.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
The hype over this is big
It's alright. I'm a huge horror fan but generally don't watch TV shows. I'm enjoying this but there's a few frustrating moments.

I mean how much s**t needs to happen in the ******* house before everyone acknowledges that it's haunted? Jesus. And how come the lezzo just randomly hooks up with her sisters husband? Yeah nah, that's just shabby writing

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Huge call, but probably my favourite season of any show ever. I have been craving a horror movie or franchise to combine the drama elements with horror that isn't 'lame' horror. The Conjuring did a really good job. This is absolutely next level. Worth watching just for episode 6 alone.
Already planning a re-watch which is something I don't normally do.

I liked that the show felt like a jigsaw puzzle and the blanks were slowly filled in, not it an annoying way either.

It clearly peaked in the middle. Episodes 5 and 6, brilliant TV. Two storms in particular, truly one of the better eps of TV I’ve ever seen.

Bogged down in too much dialogue by the end, I’d still give it a solid 8/10, it’s worth watching for the first 6 eps.

Some creepy stuff too, bit like Conjuring at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back