FTA-TV The Haunting of Hill House

Remove this Banner Ad

I was sitting in bed thinking of this before. I finished a week ago and didn’t know it was a thing. This is what I was thinking back to. Had to rewind to make sure I wasn’t going crazy watching it haha.
View attachment 580002

Yeah, there's stuff all through it. I read that article after watching episode one so kept my eyes out during the rest of the show. The foyer in the house at the bottom of the stairs seems to always have something going on in there.

It's warming on me, but then that funeral home episode....

Literally nothing new happened.

I am not sure why people are thinking this show is so good. It's just ok.

Just watched ep 5 The Bent-Neck Lady episode.

Outstanding.
I tried watching this tonight. I think I need a couple of goes at it - genuinely frightening which is unusual these days.

And the ghosts in the background...

843FCD23-6369-49EC-A815-77F8847C0433.jpeg

Just finished. Enjoyed it for the most part. Good show.

It's warming on me, but then that funeral home episode....

Literally nothing new happened.

I am not sure why people are thinking this show is so good. It's just ok.

Watched ep 1 and thought the same

I high yardstick but it needed to be at American Horror Story S1 Pilot to get me hooked

Do I persist?

I high yardstick but it needed to be at American Horror Story S1 Pilot to get me hooked

Do I persist?

I finished it 2 days ago and for some reason it made me finish it to see what was going on. It’s got it’s moments but you just have to work too hard to get there. It’s 80% marriage problems and 20% horror “themes”. So I’d say no.

Do I persist?
For mine, it was worth watching for the outstanding eps 5 and 6 alone, plus some genuinely creepy s**t in the lead up to those, so I would say yes.

Try not to let the hype around it raise your expectations - it’s not the omg greatest show this year but it would still I dunno, make my top 10.

It reminded me a little of Dark with its two timelines but I’d say it’s better than Dark.

I thought it was very good and I agree with the sentiments expressed above that it peaked in episodes 5 and 6.

It was still very good after that except for the final episode where I think it lost its way in closing it off. To me it felt disconnected from the earlier episodes and there was too much sugary stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hill-house-5-under-the-piano.w700.h467.jpg

This is the one I was trying to pause to see if it actually was a ghost but I couldn't catch it. The house has all of these shadows and shapes that take on human features once you know there are figures in some shots. You start to see them everywhere.

Just finished it, great 1st season, episodes 5 and 6 being the standouts as people have already mentioned on here, episode 6 is the best standalone episode for tv i've seen in a long time, it's tremendous.

Couple of nitpicks, mainly being the younger version of the dads eyes, thery're so obviously fakes it was distracting and the first couple of eps were a bit disorientating other than that it's a really good show, they will probably look into the past with the hill's for the next season then hopefully just leave it at that, will ruin it if they push on further imo.

Finished this off the other week and agree with the general consensus already stated - it's a pretty good show that peaks with some great episodes mid-season then kind of shits the bed at the end.

I didn't know about the hidden ghosts until after finishing it but had picked up maybe half a dozen of them and thought I might have been going crazy!

Kate Siegel was crazy attractive in this...and I thought she might have been Angelina Jolie's daughter at first glance.

Kate Siegel was crazy attractive in this...and I thought she might have been Angelina Jolie's daughter at first glance.
Yeah she looks a little like her for sure, carla gugino is pushing 50 and she is still fine as hell, that was something that made the show a little more watchable there is a lot of eye candy on display

Just finished Bly Manor last night and enjoyed it. However it's very much 90% drama and 10% horror sprinkled on top so don't go into it thinking it's a 'horror series'.

Great acting and cinematography much like season one. However the story is more affecting and has sort of resonated with me more than the first season. Thematically it definitely gets the thumbs up.

That said, it's certainly a slow slog compared to Hill House, so be prepared for that.

I also called pretty much every little plot twist long before it happened.

Just finished Bly Manor last night and enjoyed it. However it's very much 90% drama and 10% horror sprinkled on top so don't go into it thinking it's a 'horror series'.

Great acting and cinematography much like season one. However the story is more affecting and has sort of resonated with me more than the first season. Thematically it definitely gets the thumbs up.

That said, it's certainly a slow slog compared to Hill House, so be prepared for that.

I also called pretty much every little plot twist long before it happened.

I like Bly Manor more - found the characters more interesting.

Both series are watchable and even very good in parts, but so clearly bloated that it really does take away from the whole viewing experience. While 'Bly' was set in England with mainly British actors, both series are American shows created by an American. If these were genuinely English made, I'm almost certain both seasons would have lasted 6 episodes. 'Hill House' would have been amazing at 6 eps (roughly the 1st 4 cut to 2, eps 5 & 6 remain as is, while 7-10 are also cut to 2), while 'Bly' would also have been much better. As is, 'Hill House' just petered out, while I just wanted 'Bly' to hurry up and finish from about halfway through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back