Preview The haves vs the have nots. Freo and the Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all their haves, GWS have (IMO) one of the least capable coaches in the league. Seriously don't rate the bloke as a coach.

My football nightmare would be GWS signing Clarkson because you could kiss goodbye to the next 5 flags if he got a hold of their list. Even Ross or Horse would do some serious damage.

Leon being up there keeps everyone in it I reckon.

For all their haves, GWS have (IMO) one of the least capable coaches in the league. Seriously don't rate the bloke as a coach.

My football nightmare would be GWS signing Clarkson because you could kiss goodbye to the next 5 flags if he got a hold of their list. Even Ross or Horse would do some serious damage.

Leon being up there keeps everyone in it I reckon.

Agree. I've reserved too definitive a judgement, but the longer it goes, the less impressed I am both his game day and general performance. If he had to take the helm of a real club having to do it the hard way, he'd be shown up I'm sure.

Having said that, you can only do so much with what you've got ... we'll get smashed this weekend. They have the skill and fire-power to turn s**t footy into scores. Unless something drastically changes from recent form, we'll give them plenty of opportunities to show us what all those high draft picks can do when given a football.

Not convinced on Leon.
As they say in the classics, a champion team will always beat a team of champions

I'll be heading down to the game. Will there be any issues with parking or getting a ticket at the gate?
Hahaha that's a good one.

In all seriousness, I don't know about the parking there, but it's bloody confusing to drive in. You should be right for tickets at the gate though

Hahaha that's a good one.

In all seriousness, I don't know about the parking there, but it's bloody confusing to drive in. You should be right for tickets at the gate though

Yeah I wasn't being serious, I know the car park will be empty and the only people attending will be people being bribed by Australia Post to be there. It is a bit disappointing that Toby Greene isn't playing. I do enjoy heckling tip rats.

I'll be heading down to the game. Will there be any issues with parking or getting a ticket at the gate?
:cool:Now you're taking the piss right?

Seriously cant imagine any. It's a cool ground and oppo supporters would generally be welcome and comfortable I think. I use public transport or walk sometimes so not the expert on parking. Feel free to ask on our gameday thread though for details. Plenty of the regulars drive. It's actually a big precinct and I know there's multiple parking options but they can be a fair hike from Spotless.
Tkt at the ground definitely no issues. My guess is around 10k crowd. 15k for the Geelong game the upper possibility but they seem to have a lot of support in Sydney.

Yeah I wasn't being serious, I know the car park will be empty and the only people attending will be people being bribed by Australia Post to be there. It is a bit disappointing that Toby Greene isn't playing. I do enjoy heckling tip rats.
There is awesome food at the ground so make sure you leave room for that

:cool:Now you're taking the piss right?

Seriously cant imagine any. It's a cool ground and oppo supporters would generally be welcome and comfortable I think. I use public transport or walk sometimes so not the expert on parking. Feel free to ask on our gameday thread though for details. Plenty of the regulars drive. It's actually a big precinct and I know there's multiple parking options but they can be a fair hike from Spotless.
Tkt at the ground definitely no issues. My guess is around 10k crowd. 15k for the Geelong game the upper possibility but they seem to have a lot of support in Sydney.

Yes, I was taking the piss by insinuating that GWS have no supporters to part fill their stadium or car park.

I'll be driving from Newcastle so public transport is off the table. I've only been to Freo V Swans games at the SCG so spotless will be a new experience, even if we get flogged.

Thanks for the advice but I tend to stay away from opposition boards.

There is awesome food at the ground so make sure you leave room for that

I'm fat enough already, I don't need encouragement to find good food :p

If we stick it to em and give them a fright ill be happy. Since all the McCarthy drama has been put behind us, I dont mind them as a club. They cop a flogging on every thread with only a small few flying the flag.

Since I live in wagga watchin the local boys get drafted and do well, I have a small soft spot for them. The only thing that makes me salty is theyll probaly win a flag before us.

Still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I was taking the piss by insinuating that GWS have no supporters to part fill their stadium or car park.

I'll be driving from Newcastle so public transport is off the table. I've only been to Freo V Swans games at the SCG so spotless will be a new experience, even if we get flogged.

Thanks for the advice but I tend to stay away from opposition boards.

I'm fat enough already, I don't need encouragement to find good food :p
I dont generally find opposition boards a no go zone. Sometimes you've git to bite your tongue and remember you're a visitor though.
As far as the game goes we just want 4 points, and the need is becoming urgent to lock in finals at least. Our form is poor. Coniglio will play, expect Cameron and Shiel to as well. I think they would have had a tough unforgiving training session yesterday.
Any team of 22 willing and committed players is a challenge for us right now, so I wouldn't be too pessimistic.

Last edited:
GWS are very much liked by us supporters because you threw Matty De Boer and Tendai Mzungu a lifeline. If you can win a flag for those guys we would be happy.

We would be happier though if you knocked the Eagles out of finals contention when you play them in round 22.

GWS are very much liked by us supporters because you threw Matty De Boer and Tendai Mzungu a lifeline. If you can win a flag for those guys we would be happy.

We would be happier though if you knocked the Eagles out of finals contention when you play them in round 22.
If they don't, we will in round 23 v Essendon.:thumbsu:

T

Ah how quickly things change, when we wore chasing Cmac and GWS played a bit of hard ball they wore worse then the devil, criminals, skum who wore destroying his mental health by not allowing him to go home :rolleyes:

T

Ah how quickly things change, when we wore chasing Cmac and GWS played a bit of hard ball they wore worse then the devil, criminals, skum who wore destroying his mental health by not allowing him to go home :rolleyes:

Yeah, but then we got him and now we are suffering from a condition commonly known as "buyer's remorse."

Yeah, but then we got him and now we are suffering from a condition commonly known as "buyer's remorse."

He will likely pay off in the long run but GWS turning down 2 first rounders, in retrospect, look utterly crazy.

Glad they did though

In: Sutcliffe, Grey, Cox, Ryan
Out: Walters (inj), Spurr (inj), Deluca, Nyhuis

No issues with parking. Two best choices are P1 (multi-story) next to the main stadium, behind Qudos Arena (or whatever it's called this week) and P6 which is at the other end of Spotless itself. Both will cost you $25. We normally park P1 and pre-pay the ticket on the way to the ground (saves a queue coming back).

No troubles getting a ticket at the gate - and as an added bonus, for this week only, you can wander across the road after kick to kick and get into ANZ for the Souths v Canberra rugby league game at 5:30pm by just showing your game-day ticket. (and if you think we struggle for a crowd....)

Hope you enjoy the experience (if not the result) - we are actually a pretty welcoming lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back