The Hawks concerning youf are concerning post your melts here.

Geelong Dynasty

16 PREMIERSHIPS
10k Posts
Oct 1, 2011
VFA-VFL-AFL 16 flags and counting
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL
The lack of top quality youth in Hawthorns system must be a major concern for the Hawks, with most of their best players nearing the end and on a sharp decline, there really is bugger all good quality players under 23 years old there.

I fear the cliff is looming large for the Hawks and the fall will be swift and deadly.

I just hope they don't try to merge with Melbourne again.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-08-14/allaustralian-under-23-team

Geelong Dynasty

16 PREMIERSHIPS
10k Posts
Oct 1, 2011
VFA-VFL-AFL 16 flags and counting
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376461527.102487.jpg

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You've mistaken the U/23 team as an indication of quality youth, whereas it obviously favours players who are closer to the cutoff mark.

Hawthorn have 2 Rising Star nominations this year, both from teenagers who will walk into this side in a few years.

Blood Bath

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2012
Norf Shore of Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich, Detroit Pistons
Will be wooden spooners in a few years. With a limited amount of promising youth, the future doesn't look all that bright for the Tazzy Whoreks. The only positive will be the farewelling of Spud Franklin to GWS which will make an immediate benefit, but apart from that this team will be the next Melbourne. I think the possibility of the old "Melbourne Hawks" could be back on the cards if they want to escape these dark years ahead.

barmy44

BigFooty Guy
May 14, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, England Test Team, Sturt
You've mistaken the U/23 team as an indication of quality youth, whereas it obviously favours players who are closer to the cutoff mark.

Hawthorn have 2 Rising Star nominations this year, both from teenagers who will walk into this side in a few years.

this seems like as good a place to ask as any - do you have any idea when/if amos frank will get a game?

i really like his story, and id like to see him out there.

BUTTON 92

Cancelled
Dec 1, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
It really is a gunuine concern for the whorkes. With their entire first choice midfield well past their best (Sewell, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne, Hodge, Hale), other key positions like Lake, Guerra and Gibson basically in wheelchairs and not to mention Buddys wandering eyes and Riolis poor form and siginificant weight gain. Basically this year is the last role of the dice before they tumble down the ladder into irrelevance. Much like St Failda has done. So sad. :(

Hodgepodge

Hall of Famer
Suspended
30k Posts 10k Posts
Apr 28, 2008
Erin Riley's air mattress
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It really is a gunuine concern for the whorkes. With their entire first choice midfield well past their best (Sewell, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne, Hodge, Hale), other kep positions like Lake, Guerra and Gibson basically in wheelchairs and not to mention Buddys wandering eyes and Riolis poor form and siginificant weight gain this year is the last role of the dice before they tumble down the ladder into irrelevance. Much like St Failda has done. So sad. :(

Hallahan could replace Sewell from this week and we won't miss anything.
Mitchell is easily replaced and he doesn't even play midfield most of the time.
Burgoyne same.
Hale is very good on his day but is generally very replaceable. Either Bailey, Grimley, Lowden or Ceglar. We almost have too many rucks as it is.
Lewis is 27.

averages 1.6 which is slightly less, however has been in the system for a whole year less and provides much better pressure o_O

0.1 more tackles per game?

lol

At least Elliot's not as s**t as Fasolo.:thumbsu:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
The lack of top quality youth in Hawthorns system must be a major concern for the Hawks, with most of their best players nearing the end and on a sharp decline, there really is bugger all good quality players under 23 years old there.

I fear the cliff is looming large for the Hawks and the fall will be swift and deadly.

I just hope they don't try to merge with Melbourne again.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-08-14/allaustralian-under-23-team

Your a troll with a track record.

If it was true why worry ?

Back