Prediction The Hawks may take 2 more Rookies into 2019 for Langers & Mitchell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugs1977

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Only 9 more days until Rioli comes out of retirement!

I still haven’t given up hope. :$

This is pretty much EVERY Hawthorn fan the day the Cyril news broke…

giphy.gif

I know I haven't been the same since :'(

I still haven’t given up hope. :$[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Carl Spackler

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We've only got 1 spot up for grabs (Langford) and have until Friday to list anyone. At this stage it looks like Reeves or no one.
If Mitchell were to recover for the end of the season do they need to demote someone to make room for him?

I mean, why promote an edge player if you’re just going to demote him in another five months?

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Admin #280
If Mitchell were to recover for the end of the season do they need to demote someone to make room for him?

I mean, why promote an edge player if you’re just going to demote him in another five months?
With Nash being an LTI upgrade he could go back on the rookie list, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't grab Reeves given how far away he is, he'd only be able to play at Box Hill if we did and that level looks above him at the moment

Beandip

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Savvy move for mine. Just not confident Pitto is going to make it - doesn't seem to have any strings to his bow other than being big (though he doesn't seem to be athletic/can jump; and we probably still have a couple of years in BigBoy and Cegs to await Reeves potential development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cryptor

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Savvy move for mine. Just not confident Pitto is going to make it - doesn't seem to have any strings to his bow other than being big (though he doesn't seem to be athletic/can jump; and we probably still have a couple of years in BigBoy and Cegs to await Reeves potential development.
Not sure about the Pitto reasoning. I'd say it's savvy as far as if you get a free swing at an athletic 209cm kid who already knows how to play the game then you take it. Low risk, potentially high reward.

arupist

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We would not likely pick up a best 22 player as a supplemental rookie - we had ample opportunity to draft a Meadows type - so it would make a lot of sense to take a free swing at a guy who might develop enough to play. I am sure the club saw enough to take the risk (which is negligible).

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Admin #293

Alite

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thread starter #294
Irishman elevated

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-03-13/irishman-elevated

Conor Nash has received a boost ahead of the home and away season, with the Irishman elevated to Hawthorn’s senior list on Thursday.

The position became available after Tom Mitchell (broken leg) was moved to the long-term injury list.

This is Nash’s second appearance on the club’s senior list, having been temporarily elevated in late 2018.

Top Bottom