Prediction Pre-Season Supplemental Selection & Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Who would you choose in the Mis-Season Draft: Multiple selections allowed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If he’s not getting paid then footy will be an amateur gig, which will have to be subsidized by other employment. This means less time for strength, conditioning and ball in hand.

His dad is our CEO. I don't think money is an issue.

Club will prob put faith in Cousins, Moore and Jones than giving Meadows chances in the early part of the season. If they all fail and Meadows impresses at BHH (right under our noses), then we can pick him up at mid-season draft, albeit as a risk for other teams nabbing him. No reason to pull the trigger now.

Reeves seems quite a few years off, but club looks to have nabbed him already

Correct. Doubt he could play the Blues game if not signed. No idea why the club hasn’t made an announcement yet.

If Reeves can't handle full-time training we may as well find out now. It's a free hit. Meadows is a dime a dozen second-tier mid. He's AFL ready body/fitness wise but why was he overlooked? Hams is a better footballer and he's not close.

While waiting and wondering why the Hawks were yet to name Ned Reeves as a rookie, I found this info and thought it would be worth sharing:

The ability to add a player to a club's training squad closed on the 1st of March, but clubs still have until the 15th of March to decide whether to add a player to their list with a pre-season supplemental selection.

Last edited:
While waiting and wonder why the Hawks were yet to name Ned Reeves as a rookie, I found this info and thought it would be worth sharing:

The ability to add a player to a club's training squad closed on the 1st of March, but clubs still have until the 15th of March to decide whether to add a player to their list with a pre-season supplemental selection.

Only 9 more days until Rioli comes out of retirement!

I still haven’t given up hope. :$

While waiting and wonder why the Hawks were yet to name Ned Reeves as a rookie, I found this info and thought it would be worth sharing:

Beware the Ides Of March.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the smart move, see if there’s any draft bolters this year. A lot of state leaguers been taken in the draft the last few years. We could end up with the next tim kelly or Isaac Smith, just have to play a couple short till the mid season break

Could be a good move. I guess we don't know what our most glaring deficiency will be, at this stage.

Back