The Hawthorn 3peat: is it an accident of history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

how do you figure?
You are resorting to a far too easy critique of any rebuttals to your hypothesis- that such rebuttals are hypothetical and not holistic - but you then shield your own analysis from such critique. Ultimately, you yourself are coming to a pretty fixed conclusion based on a hypothetical scenario but not allowing others to do so.

It’s a self executing little argument that is a little...precious

(Impressive though...at 81 pages...like I said a few pages ago... this is your Sistern Chapel)

no, you're just not smart enough to even start to comprehend these things.

And by the way, I'll give you a little hint, mouthpiece doesn't mean what you think it does
Again. Nothing in the way of factual evidence produced. You’ve been asked on numerous occasions to re do the draft showing who would be taken where (as a hypothetical is fine) yet you’ve continued to insult, degrade, patronise and mock through your choice of responses.

I’ve produced for you two pretty substantial pieces of information. One pertaining to how the bottom 4 teams responded without picks and secondly the structure of Hawthorns drafting to assemble their premiership list.

You’ve done nothing but peddle the findings of your ‘thesis’, talk about how your theory is ‘reality’ and just generally waffle on like an old sheep with dementia.

it's not an insult, it's a statement of fact.

If you want insults you can go through about 90% of the posts he has directed at me - I just don't take it personally - but for some reason that hasn't registered with you. Funny, that
In your opinion it’s a statement of fact, but to me it’s an insult. See how it works? I haven’t insulted you, I’ve called you out on about a dozen occasions for being unable to back up your assertions. All you’ve produced is enough hot air to put Zeppelin in the air.

In your opinion it’s a statement of fact, but to me it’s an insult. See how it works? I haven’t insulted you, I’ve called you out on about a dozen occasions for being unable to back up your assertions. All you’ve produced is enough hot air to put Zeppelin in the air.

You called him a campaigner, that’s probably an insult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko to build a game plan that could get enough wins in home and away without killing his players and keep them in tip top condition come finals. If anything this is what lead to the three peat. It worked so well they were ready to go again the next year. And the year after! Fitness staff were integral to this too.

I doubt many non-Hawks supporters or any experts realise how important this was.

A few rounds each year the Hawks would let loose against a challanger and the football world would obviously sit up and take notice, not realising how much we had been coasting and conserving.

The kick/mark game plan allowed the three-peat to happen despite horrid luck with injuries.

Got an opinion of your own? Or you just happy to be walked around like his canine?

Well I do enjoy humping his leg.

My opinion is plentiful in this thread, youve argued it yourself plenty of times.

But ffs, you claimed you didn’t insult somebody. No more than a few pages back you called him a campaigner. Huh?

firstly, because it's a hypothetical exercise; but more pertinently because it would be utterly futile in any case because as I've pointed out repeatedly, it's not just the draft concessions that created the accident of history.

How about the fact that stockpiling all the top talent enabled the expansion clubs to also gain and then hoard several years of top picks which were removed from the other clubs as currency in making trades? That clubs were hamstrung at the trade table and essentially forced to buy players they would have got in normal circumstances with high draft picks, which meant again that the expansion clubs got a second crack at the talent pools. How exactly would you like to model that?

How about the fact that the artificially sustained status quo meant that older players chasing success were more likely to go to the top clubs?

All the pillars of equalisation were affected - draft, trade, and salary cap. It's an interrelated system and trying to reduce it to a one dimensional caricature really just demonstrates a lack of basic comprehension about what happened.

It's amusing that some of you think that on top of demonstrating the reasons why precisely what occurred actually occurred, that I should for some reason spend a great deal of my time gong through some hypothetical exercise that would prove nothing even if I was silly enough to do it. And it's frankly almost hilarious that some of the participants in this thread are so incapable of structural, holistic, contextual analysis; that they reduce a complex topic to a cartoonish crayon sketch of binary choices and poorly crafted strawmen.

Guys, you have to actually engage your brain sometimes.

The simple fact is this: my theory describes reality. Perfectly. Before, during, and after the accident of history. It has been proven true. It is now self-evident.
Lol you’re so full of it

Lol you’re so full of it
Love the bit where he says ‘My theory describes reality. Perfectly. Before, during, and after the accident of history. It has been proven true. It is now self evident’

Unfortunately that’s all well and good in his mind, yet his come on a public discussion board to promote his ‘theory’ and hasn’t been able to deal with people not agreeing with him.

He also can’t in any way, translate that ‘theory’ into any practical sense. I mean I’ll give a point for trying, and another for his persistence, but boy oh boy he gets a big capital F after all that unpalatable diatribe of rot.

Love the bit where he says ‘My theory describes reality. Perfectly. Before, during, and after the accident of history. It has been proven true. It is now self evident’

Unfortunately that’s all well and good in his mind, yet his come on a public discussion board to promote his ‘theory’ and hasn’t been able to deal with people not agreeing with him.

He also can’t in any way, translate that ‘theory’ into any practical sense. I mean I’ll give a point for trying, and another for his persistence, but boy oh boy he gets a big capital F after all that unpalatable diatribe of rot.
I found it amusing that he'd rather write long excuses as to why he doesn't have the time to waste doing specific hypothetical exercises to back up his claim which itself is purely an exercise in the hypothetical. An exercise he's already sunk hours into defending with other hypothetical reasoning.

Please note, everyone. When someone has to resort to personally insulting others while attempting to justify their point of view - you know they’ve lost the argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not necessarily. In this situation, it is more about Lance not being very polite. That said, I can understand his frustration given how amazingly vapid some posters can be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back