News The Hawthorn Allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Family separations and pregnancy termination: Hawthorn racism review reveals shock allegations against former coaches
Family separations and pregnancy termination: Hawthorn racism review reveals shock allegations against former coaches

Has anyone else seen this? Was absolutely shocked to come across it on ABC website, if the allegations are true then I just don’t know what to say. No other media outlet is running with it, stark contrast to the leaking of Collingwood’s Do Better Report and the wall to wall screeching headlines.

Has anyone else seen this? Was absolutely shocked to come across it on ABC website, if the allegations are true then I just don’t know what to say. No other media outlet is running with it, stark contrast to the leaking of Collingwood’s Do Better Report and the wall to wall screeching headlines.
It's about as despicable a story as I can remember reading. Left me feeling quite terrible for all involved.

I think it will gather really significant attention today

No other media outlet is running with it, stark contrast to the leaking of Collingwood’s Do Better Report and the wall to wall screeching headlines.

It will be a massive story, but Russell Jackson has scooped everyone and no other outlet has any other information.

Right now they are all scrambling to get reactions from Brisbane and North about ramifications for their coaches and that will be their angle to run their own stories.

This is going to have long term consequences.

It’s amazing I only by fluke checked this thread. Otherwise I would not even have known about this Hawthorn story. Surely it should get wider press! If not this is more proof that we get special treatment by the media.
I think it was just a big scoop by the ABC journalist. It will come eventually - this kind of thing is impossible to sweep under the rug now that it's been let loose.

Hawthorn are now in the sights due to treatment of indigenous players:

If even part of it is true, it's no wonder Cyril doesn't want to go back there.

If this was us the media would blow this up for weeks. Lets see how consistent they are..

Read it this morning and was gobsmacked. Pointed it out to Mr Park, and he too was gobsmacked. He is still talking about it.

Those involved may lose their current jobs.

This is unbelievable, absolutely stunned that this could even happen to anyone, and they crucified us for calling a player his preferred nickname.
What is even harder to get my head around is said player agreed to such demands, any normal person would tell them to f/o.

This will be a big test for Gil, in the last gasp of his time as head honcho.

He was good at getting the AFLW up and running, and he was great at keeping the footy going during the pandemic.

But he is weak on social issues, flips and flops around, and never knows where to land.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a part of the reason it's only on the ABC is that some of it was an ABC investigation. It was a long story and I only read the one about the pregnancy but it borders on criminal charges being brought against a famous coach.

How was this kept secret all this time? Unbelievable allegations, you would think those mentioned will be sanctioned.
those poor families.

Read it this morning and was gobsmacked. Pointed it out to Mr Park, and he too was gobsmacked. He is still talking about it.

Those involved may lose their current jobs.
As they should

I'm stunned and shocked. The fallout will far heavier than ours. SEN are all over it at the moment. Wonder what Neil Mitchell is saying about it on 3AW. You would have to think heads would roll over this, just horrific.

This is unbelievable, absolutely stunned that this could even happen to anyone, and they crucified us for calling a player his preferred nickname.
What is even harder to get my head around is said player agreed to such demands, any normal person would tell them to f/o.

Your last sentence is a bit poor. You don’t understand that under severe stressful circumstances people will do anything they think necessary.

18 years old with challenging upbringing away from their families living their “dream”…..

Because they were kids away from family and home.

It doesnt surprise me with hawthorn. I think there's something in its culture historically regarding attitudes to indigenous people. Although it has more recently had indigenous players on its books, that wasnt always the case

Remove this Banner Ad

Back