News The Hawthorn Allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Amy’ participated in the club led inquiry. She told her truth.

She has expressed doubts about the independence of the AFL inquiry and the potential for her original testimony to be discredited. She has also questioned the timeline imposed by the AFL.

She has not campaigned through social media like Lumumba, simply expressing her doubts and choice not to participate through her legal counsel. Of course this has been reported through the media, as were Clarkson’s views on the veracity of the allegations.

The AFL will have a result within the timeline they have set, with or without all parties taking part.
Amy also wanted all 4 panel members to be of her choice, hardly independent.
No argument with any of that, a balanced and strong statement of intent.

Now it's up to the AFL to grow a pair and match it.
Many would argue that it's not balanced at all. Sounds like a lot of want and no give. I'm not sure rules for some and not for others makes for a stable environment anywhere. As for the AFL being some sort of mafia organization who damages people and sweeps everything under the carpet is just ridiculous, there might be a bit of a boy's club going on but surely they aren't anywhere near the level being banded around

Many would argue that it's not balanced at all. Sounds like a lot of want and no give. I'm not sure rules for some and not for others makes for a stable environment anywhere. As for the AFL being some sort of mafia organization who damages people and sweeps everything under the carpet is just ridiculous, there might be a bit of a boy's club going on but surely they aren't anywhere near the level being banded around
I don’t recall reading that Amy wanted to choose the panel members herself. Can you post the quote?

Whether intentional or not, Amy's claims and demands and refusal to participate have certainly helped to position the latest player requests as a sensible reasonable compromise and left the ball clearly in the AFL court.

Whether intentional or not, Amy's claims and demands and refusal to participate have certainly helped to position the latest player requests as aAfl sensible reasonable compromise and left the ball clearly in the AFL court.
If all this is true then the AFL needs to be investigated thoroughly. The claims being made are hard core and probably bordering on criminal. I wait with great interest in the outcome of this thing

If all this is true then the AFL needs to be investigated thoroughly. The claims being made are hard core and probably bordering on criminal. I wait with great interest in the outcome of this thing
They've pretty much taken away the option of: wrap this up by XMAS and start the new year afresh.

I don't see how the AFL can credibly do anything other than going with a competition wide review of events and the league's responses to them.

Perhaps that’s why she prefers not to take part in the AFL inquiry.
She’s already given her statement to the Hawthorn inquiry.

She can just let that stand without be subjected to further examination.
To be honest if the complainants are happy to let their statements stand, to take no further part in any ongoing enquiry outside of the Hawthorn enquiry and publicly accept whatever the outcome of a public enquiry by the AFL then I have no issue with that.

That is not what will happen.

You and I and every single person in Australia knows that is not what will happen.

Whatever the result the media will have a day (or year) out.

Just saying, thread belongs elsewhere imo, it's not Collingwood related.
Given Collingwood's issues with racism in the recent past and the proclivity for "team driven biases" rubbish being posted on the main board thread I think this thread has a very important place on our board to allow our supporters to post their opinion.

It is certainly a major public discussion outside of BF.

Even though this particular case is not a Collingwood issue in this instance, it is an issue we should understand and discuss, and a direct Collingwood club/supporter issue if the club and us supporters are going to try to do something positive toward ending racism.

Piss off Gill. Poor Krak. Would love to know which idiot Collingwood player said this to him.

Piss off Gill. Poor Krak. Would love to know which idiot Collingwood player said this to him.

A racist insult from a player is not the fault of the club unless Krakouer complained about it and nothing was done. Not a particularly sophisticated joke! As you say, would be interesting to know the player's identity.

A racist insult from a player is not the fault of the club unless Krakouer complained about it and nothing was done. Not a particularly sophisticated joke! As you say, would be interesting to know the player's identity.

One of our legends of the club said something to me straight after the 1990 GF. Aimed at Derek Kickett and what he was saying to him throughout the game..

Absolutely awful. Changed my perception of him as a person.
He seems up to speed nowadays following his tweets.

It's all about education. Many racists parroting their parents.

Clubs can't be blamed for an individual's indiscretion in isolation. All a club can do is educate and give out consequences if they discover that the education hasn't worked, but a club with our history of condoning a lot of awful s**t isnt innocent either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of our legends of the club said something to me straight after the 1990 GF. Aimed at Derek Kickett and what he was saying to him throughout the game..

Absolutely awful. Changed my perception of him as a person.
He seems up to speed nowadays following his tweets.

It's all about education. Many racists parroting their parents.
Knowing who was playing on Kickett in that game, it's all too easy to hazard a guess as to the identity of the legend.

The things said to Chris Lewis in the earlier finals were worse. I know both Chris and Dereck well and cannot believe how they turned up week in week out to play. The Pies player concerned is a friend of mine and has grown considerably as a person since then. It is horrific what those Aboriginal boys put up with.

The things said to Chris Lewis in the earlier finals were worse. I know both Chris and Dereck well and cannot believe how they turned up week in week out to play. The Pies player concerned is a friend of mine and has grown considerably as a person since then. It is horrific what those Aboriginal boys put up with.
Yep. Same guy brother. He has grown considerably.
I forgive him. People waking up albeit slowly.

A great mate of mine (a massive Pies man) is raising cash to help keep the Daly River Buffaloes on the field. Engagement is so important in Aboriginal communities. I have just sent up about $5000 in equipment such as footies, water bottles, tape, medical supplies etc.

Yesterday on the Kangas and main board around $700 was raised. Come on Pies supporters. Let’s chip in
Grassroots footy and a chance to take some real action

ferball Thanks for getting the ball rolling brother.

Last edited:
Cheers AC.

Come on you lot, you don't want us Norf Nuffies getting all the credit for this. Here's a chance to do something that really makes a difference for a bunch of kids who really want to play footy. People can bring up the racism allegations and the report or whatever but chucking a few bucks their way really undermines that sort of criticism.

And it gives these guys a chance to play some footy. The AFL obviously hasn't done enough to support them so if we don't step up who will? If you can find it in your heart to send the cost of a few coffees or beers or the odd hamburger their way then it will really make a difference in the world. There isn't enough of that these days.

Thanks for your time peeps, have a great off season and see youse all at the footy next year.

Bizarre that nothing has been mentioned about the issue and what's happening with it in a long time.
Well it kinda fits with the picture many posted. AFL will do their best to let this go through to the keeper. I don't know anymore than anyone else but suspect there was real damage caused to player/s and families via Hawks dealings and some ignorance/disregard for impact by the latter, with their focus on success. Not enough evidence to nail down the initial reporting of racial discrimination. I'd hope their will be some learning, but big money and big players at stake.

What happened to the Xmas deadline Gil?
Now that they have appointed an independant committee to investigate i doubt Gil has much control over timing. Wouldnt be a good look for him to rush them.

From the AFL pov i am sure they are keen to have the report done asap. Nothing in it for them to delay.

Now that they have appointed an independant committee to investigate i doubt Gil has much control over timing. Wouldnt be a good look for him to rush them.

From the AFL pov i am sure they are keen to have the report done asap. Nothing in it for them to delay.
So you think there is something happening then?!
I just assumed that there being no smoke, there must be no fire. Yet you reveal that closed doors in fact conceal a hearty blaze, that closure is just the flicker of a flame or two away.
It's the strong cynic community residing within that ushers Doubting Thomases out of me every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back