Oppo Camp The Hawthorn Racism Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Some disturbing allegations in there, Clarkson and Fagan amongst the people named
Yeah that is actually seriously ****ed up. That's going to cause a few ripples.

Some disturbing allegations in there, Clarkson and Fagan amongst the people named
Hectic

Would be classic Norf if Clarkson resigns before even coaching a game

Jesus. Not sure where Clarkson and Fagan go from here. Shocking allegations.

Yeah that is actually seriously *ed up. That's going to cause a few ripples.

Stripping them of the 2015 flag and awarding to the runner-up seems the fairest outcome to me.

They can keep 2013 and 2014 as a suspended sentence :p

When did Simmo leave Hawthorn? End of 2013? The fact that Clarkson and Fagan are named and he isn't suggests he wasn't involved, which I hope is the case. Some of the alleged behaviour in that article is sadistic. Probably also gives a bit more context to why Cyril left in the circumstances he did.

When did Simmo leave Hawthorn? End of 2013? The fact that Clarkson and Fagan are named and he isn't suggests he wasn't involved, which I hope is the case. Some of the alleged behaviour in that article is sadistic. Probably also gives a bit more context to why Cyril left in the circumstances he did.

There have been plenty of staff going through the doors in the time the investigation covered, so I am fairly confident Simmo was not involved if they only chose to name three specific staff.

And all of them must go, if the allegations are substantiated. It's grotesque at all levels.

Wow, names were named. Allegations published by the ABC, not just some internet rumour. This is gonna be massive.

Lolnorf. Essendon with some Matrix-like bullet dodging.

felt sick reading those accounts. Horrific what those young people were put through.

Can't believe both the AFL and the Hawks had all this time to begin work on making amends, and instead come away looking like they'd rather brush it under the rug. Calling it a "historical" issue is such incredible bullshit. Makes Collingwood's racism issues look tame in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you come back from “they told me to terminate my pregnancy”? Clarkson and Fagan named. Position with North untenable.

"Clarkson just leaned over me and demanded that I needed to get rid of my unborn child and my partner. I was then manipulated and convinced to remove my SIM card from my phone, so there was no further contact between my family and me. They told me I’d be living with one of the other coaches from that night onwards.”

Of course Clarkson will deny these allegations and they need to proven in court.

How do you come back from “they told me to terminate my pregnancy”? Clarkson and Fagan named. Position with North untenable.

"Clarkson just leaned over me and demanded that I needed to get rid of my unborn child and my partner. I was then manipulated and convinced to remove my SIM card from my phone, so there was no further contact between my family and me. They told me I’d be living with one of the other coaches from that night onwards.”

Of course Clarkson will deny these allegations and they need to proven in court.

And this is the thing. Now no matter what is correct or proven or not those guys have their names linked to this but those making the allegations don’t…

The article isn’t any better off having named the coaches involved and they shouldn’t have been named at this time.

No they don't. The report will have more details, and if there truly are three independent ex-players telling similar stories then he has to go, regardless of whether ever gets to a court or not (noting its highly unlikely that will ever go to court).

And this is the thing. Now no matter what is correct or proven or not those guys have their names linked to this but those making the allegations don’t…

The article isn’t any better off having named the coaches involved and they shouldn’t have been named at this time.

Not surprised by your post.

Wow, names were named. Allegations published by the ABC, not just some internet rumour. This is gonna be massive.

Lolnorf. Essendon with some Matrix-like bullet dodging.

You know things are f***ed when Essendon appointing James Hird over Alastair Clarkson would be the right choice.

This will be a major embarrassment for Hawthorn, the three staff named and the AFL. And deservedly so.

Patrick Dangerfield on SEN now. Key takeaways summarized.

• said it would be very hard for players to talk about what happened to teammates so would not be surprising if others didn't know; and
  • unacceptable behavior, and a complete failure of the the club who have breached the fundamental trust they have been given over player (especially young players).

He obviously couldn't say much.

Man, do you know how many lawyers must have read this before it was published? Australia's defo laws are so insanely strict there's no way in hell the ABC run it unless they're 100% sure it'll stand up in court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back