The Heat....

Remove this Banner Ad

I never really got why seasons don't go with the solstice/equinox in Australia. You still have another month of summer.

Makes sense i suppose.
Explains why usually the days cool down more at the end of March.

I'm glad the days are getting shorter, makes it easier to get the kids to bed lol

Seriously don't know how Essendon and Gold Coast players are going to cope up here on the weekend.

NSW stole it.

They tried to steal our lecky too.

The Victorian government is demanding the operator of Australia's main electricity grid explain how the state came close to losing electricity during the recent extreme heatwave to ensure NSW avoided power outages, adding to calls for a wider inquiry.

Victoria was told to prepare for outages in western Victoria including large regional centres on February 10 even as the state was busy exporting surplus power to NSW and enduring heatwave conditions north of the Great Divide.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/e...isks-during-nsw-heatwave-20170223-gujkud.html

Was surprised to see that we dipped down to 8.5 degrees (coldest of year so far)
here Saturday Morning and only a max of 18 degrees today.
Will be the last of the cool air for awhile it seems as next week has some consistent heat and warm nights.

upload_2017-2-26_0-48-56.png

weather1.PNG
weather.PNG

easily the worst i've been through in my 24 years.

Going for consecutive hottest and driest months ever. Feb and March is our wet season. We're currently behind rainfall by 400mls in 2 months. Irrigation for farmers get cut off from tomorrow so every crop of cain in the area is going to die. So expect a rise in sugar in the coming months.

It seems to be either flood or drought in Queensland with no in between, even we've had more rain this summer in WA and we normally get bugger all.

Was surprised to see that we dipped down to 8.5 degrees (coldest of year so far)
here Saturday Morning and only a max of 18 degrees today.
Will be the last of the cool air for awhile it seems as next week has some consistent heat and warm nights.

View attachment 340177

That would be considered a cool spell in Perth in summer.

Yeah that to
Doesn't help it's always so dry here.
Only 10mm of rain over 7 days in the month of Feb.
Wouldn't mind a good storm but alas we rarely get them here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever thought about moving? :p

I wouldn't mind the odd 40 degree day just due to the novelty of it (and the insanity)
However a fortnight of it sounds crazy lol
Until now it's has been a mild summer by usual standards, apart from the odd day hitting 40 this is really the first consistent run of hot weather. Also even though hot at least none of it is pushing towards mid 40s, that's when it gets ridiculous.

Until now it's has been a mild summer by usual standards, apart from the odd day hitting 40 this is really the first consistent run of hot weather. Also even though hot at least none of it is pushing towards mid 40s, that's when it gets ridiculous.

Yes that's true.
It does seem that nationwide summer has come late, apart from maybe Sydney and parts of NSW.
The first two weeks of March seem to be way more consistently warmer here than February and January.
Not just in temps but in the fact it's sunny every single day, no cloud and no rain.

Geez feel for ya there Big Sauce
Where abouts in QLD are you?

Down south it's slowly trending towards Autumn patterns.
Plenty of sunshine for beach lovers though.
We haven't had a drop rain since 21st Feb.
February was a very dry month as well with only a total of 10mm.
March is looking to be similar with not much chance of any decent falls anytime soon.

Here's the outlook for this week.
Was supposed to hit 20 degrees today but only managed 18c due to cloud cover i imagine.

upload_2017-3-6_23-8-24.png

upload_2017-3-6_23-8-50.png

Currently sitting on 12.8 degrees.

Geez feel for ya there Big Sauce
Where abouts in QLD are you?

Down south it's slowly trending towards Autumn patterns.
Plenty of sunshine for beach lovers though.
We haven't had a drop rain since 21st Feb.
February was a very dry month as well with only a total of 10mm.
March is looking to be similar with not much chance of any decent falls anytime soon.

Here's the outlook for this week.
Was supposed to hit 20 degrees today but only managed 18c due to cloud cover i imagine.

View attachment 343090

View attachment 343092

Currently sitting on 12.8 degrees.

Maryborough. Two and a half hours north of Brisbane on the coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back