The Heat....

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2017-3-24_9-42-33.png

23 on Sunday
27 on Monday

Probably the last time temps will reach mid 20's until spring.
Well at least the last pair of days in the mid 20's.

Think it will generally struggle to get above 20 after that seasonal change at the end of the month.

May and June are the only 2 months where we haven't beaten the record for maximum temps for the month in Maryborough QLD. Global Warming people.

Tomorrow will break an 85 day streak of no rain in an area where we are averaging 917mls to this day while we're at 421mls currently

Summer never left.

When all the surface water evaporates in central Australia there will be no natural cooling effect leading to more heat, no moisture; no rain and more dry. The interior might become inhabitable

May and June are the only 2 months where we haven't beaten the record for maximum temps for the month in Maryborough QLD. Global Warming people.

Tomorrow will break an 85 day streak of no rain in an area where we are averaging 917mls to this day while we're at 421mls currently

Summer never left.

BANG 400mls in 10 days

Been pissing down in CQ since Sunday. School may be closed tomorrow.

Been 30+ in Adelaide last couple of days. Nice at the moment as it still cools off at night.

Staying in Michigan over the summer their nights would always be cold- IIRC around 9pm the temp would plummet, then heat back up mid morning.

Perfect imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide is better than Melbourne in that regard but once you hit mid summer and 40 degrees then it is not much consolation.

I'll admit I'm better sleeping in the heat now (just a ceiling fan over the bed)- but honestly back in 09 I think, one hot night I felt like I couldnt breathe it was that bad.

When they had those bushfires and it was like 35+ for two weeks it was intolerable in Melbourne, guessing that would have been about that time. The max temperature was being hit at like 6-8pm which was awful.

Yep. The Friday before me and my bf went into Crown (movies) then onto St kilda late at night for a swim.

Thought i was going to melt. You could see the smoke too from the city, from the fires already burning. Was a horrid time (and speaking in terms of what happened, not the heat in the city)

I wish my school would get closed down for weather :(

In Adelaide I think it had to be 45c to close for the day. No aircon. We had heaps in the high 30s and low 40s. Never hit 45c though. At least shorts and no tie was allowed.

In Sydney we didnt have a max temp to go home. Was far worse too because of the ridiculous humidity. And having to wear trousers and tie. No aircon again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back