The Heat....

Remove this Banner Ad

Weather channel long term weather forecast for Melbourne looks brutal. Probably the same or worse for most of the south east.

From Australia day onwards 5 days forecast of high 30s low 40s, stinking hot nights, no respite and a nightmare if your abode doesn't have air con. Rain is forecast for multiple days but no temp drop hot so humidity will probably make the heat more uncomfortable.

One of the things I like about Melbourne is the lack of prolonged heat waves, usually a couple of days of scorchers at most then a cool change hits. This forecast next heatwave has no cool change over the forecast period, which sucks balls.

And I concur, humidity can go and get ****** !

I remember summers being like this when I was a kid back in the 70s. No 2 day heatwaves, they seemed to go on for 4 or 5 days.

I'm currently at work, day 13 of 14. It's been 40+ for the last 5 days and is forecast out to Sunday at being 40+ every day. It's very stormy and humid, it's actually a bit s**t. 25 - 28 every night. I'll be back in Cowes on Wednesday morning, flying back into 24 degrees, sweet.

26 overnight on Sat too. I have a wedding, going to melt!

Yeah that will be tough.
I had my cousins wedding a number of years ago over the Aus Day weekend as well. I was in the bridal party wearing a 3 piece suit in 36 degree heat. I was exhausted by the end of the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

39 forecast here for Saturday and Sunday. Going to be brutal.
We get our first day in almost a week where it won't reach 36 tomorrow. But the humidity arrived today, 36 and a little humid (not really bad, but after 38 and 7% humidity, 20-25% humidity is a really bad difference). 33-34 and humid for the rest of the week. I guess broiling will make a change from baking, and cloud cover means my flat will only reach 30, not 37, when I get home from work.

The church/reception venue would most likely be air conditioned.

I'm sure it will, but going on my experience from all those years ago it was damn hot. Didn't help that we were in and around Melbourne's CBD having our photo's taken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back