The Heavy Metal Law!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Harden up?
Haha. I was a great fan of many of the early heavy metal bands and love the music - Deep Purple probably still rates as my all time favourite. Unfortunately not many of these bands bothered with vocal skills. Whilst I said I liked the Klevertak music, I can live without it if it has to come with some weirdo chewing on a cat's scrotum.

I quite like the new Meshuggah but it's not among my favourites of theirs and I don't think it's what they'll be remembered for. There are some great moments and it's definitely worth your time, though. I love Monstrocity.

ObZen was so good, Bleed in particular, that it's hard not to compare the two albums since. Catch33, Nothing, and Chaosphere were all very distinct albums with their own style and themes. Obzen and onwards all sort of sounds Meshuggah style rather than each album being quite as distinct. So while it's hard to pick a favourite out of, say, Nothing and Chaosphere, it's much easier to pick ObZen as being my favourite of their last 3 albums. Violent Sleep of Reason is still a great album, though.

I really like the new Meshuggah, my favourite from them for a looooong time. new Gojira is good, but most of their stuff has always left me a little bit cold. Can't see it getting a lot of spins.

I've been enjoying the new albums by Candiria, Dysrythmia, In The Woods ..., and Neurosis lately though. The new Opeth is great too, although not metal haha

I downloaded "In Flames - Battles" a couple of days ago. Never really been a fan of them before but this album is pretty cool.

Haha. I was a great fan of many of the early heavy metal bands and love the music - Deep Purple probably still rates as my all time favourite. Unfortunately not many of these bands bothered with vocal skills. Whilst I said I liked the Klevertak music, I can live without it if it has to come with some weirdo chewing on a cat's scrotum.

I think you mistake vocal skills for "what I like". Just like clean vocal music, with harsh vocals, some are better than the others, but people like Bob Dylan and Joe Cocker, and dare I say Kurt Cobain. Pitch perfect hey!!!

The vocals in some music may have evolved to match the harshness of the music made. I could go on, but anyway.

Decided it was a Red album kind of day, mostly through that so will probably then be a Blue album kind of day, not sure if I will have time for a bit of Yellow and Green

Decided it was a Red album kind of day, mostly through that so will probably then be a Blue album kind of day, not sure if I will have time for a bit of Yellow and Green
It's always a Red album kind of day.

Saw Baroness at The Gov here in SA late last year. It's basically a pub gig - think the Espy (not the Gershwin) and you'd be in the ballpark.

Fantastic gig. Those guys can seriously play and are genuine, down to earth, nice guys to boot. They sat in the beer garden watching the supports, packed up their own gear after the show and were more than happy to chat.

And when they played Isak as the first encore I think my head nearly exploded at the sheer awesomeness of it all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

popped up on my news feed today
18527548_1895975580677615_7957235280019078373_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else get to the Max and Igor 'return to roots' gig last night?

Was pretty cool reliving that album in it's entirety.

Igor is still a brute on the drums.

for old times sake...

Anyone else get to the Max and Igor 'return to roots' gig last night?

Was pretty cool reliving that album in it's entirety.

Igor is still a brute on the drums.

for old times sake...

Nah, if it was return to Beneath the Remains though I would have for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back