The Heavy Metal Law!!

if it wasn't abundantly clear by the amount of time it take them to get an album sorted, Tool absolutely hate each other.

About 10 years ago a fella I know go backstage and saw this for himself. They record and tour for $$$$$. Probably no different to a shitload of other big bands in reality.

Yeah, the Gov on October 25. Looking to get to that one.

How are you going?

Good mate! Life’s too busy (like pretty much everyone) but all is well. I’m off to Gippsland for 30 year reunion of a premiership I played in this weekend, which should be fun. Hoping Clarko has some tricks up his sleeve for Chris Fagan this weekend too - 3 in a row is enough for the Lions, I reckon. Time to get one back on em.

You?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good mate! Life’s too busy (like pretty much everyone) but all is well. I’m off to Gippsland for 30 year reunion of a premiership I played in this weekend, which should be fun. Hoping Clarko has some tricks up his sleeve for Chris Fagan this weekend too - 3 in a row is enough for the Lions, I reckon. Time to get one back on em.

You?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Went to see the Clash cover band London Calling at the Gov last night. Solid interpretation of a classic album plus some other famous tunes.

Hoping Hawthorn get scheduled a game against Port next year. It was hell to try and get tickets for the round 1 clash this year. Much easier to get tickets against the club whose supporters only turn up when they feel like it.

Enjoy the reunion!

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Worth noting too that a new Tool album may actually, legitimately, probably land in about 6 weeks time ...
Yes I saw that. One can hope

There are some pretty good quality recordings of the two new tracks they've played live. I'm loving it so far. Link if anyone wants it: http://arkonaudio.com/download?fbclid=IwAR1abtYKwJru96XKizYEXiaA5pTugk2-3z9XXCX7pbIXpxhpzBkFgdf93NM

I don't think they hate each other, but I don't think Maynard like the process the others use to make music. Reckon he pretty much just sits it out until they have completed instrumentals and then he does vocals to finish it off. Pretty sure Danny and Justin are close friends anyway. On the other hand I read somewhere that Thomas from Mer De Noms is about Adam Thomas Jones.

But whatever. A new album in a month. Exciting.

Worth noting too that a new Tool album may actually, legitimately, probably land in about 6 weeks time ...
Their catalog is going up on streaming platforms this weekend

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
It’s up on streaming now. Quality seems good to me, definitely better than the rips from the CDs I made in the early 2000s.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Yep no Masters but they sound good. I see they are up for download in Hi-Res formats on HD Tracks...

Undertow sounds significantly better than it did on the CD, IMO. Aenima, Lateralus, and 10 000 Days are only subtly different. I'm hearing details from Undertow that I've never heard before. Listening to Sober this morning there was a whisper of something in the left channel that I don't recall ever hearing before. Undertow is also louder presumably to be more consistent with the others. Listening on Sennheiser HD 558 headphones.

Hoping for the promised lead track from Fear Innoculum this week. Very interested to see how it sounds. Apparently the album will be just under 85 mins long with 7 songs plus 2 musical interludes:

Nov 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Listened to the new Tool, it’s good without being mind-blowing. It’s like a relaxed version of 10000 Days, and I hear a lot of post-2000 era King Crimson (which is of course never a bad thing)

A new Leprous song is out too. I like it but I need more time to digest it. It’s very vocals-focused.

Nov 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not overly "metal" but I am enjoying the new Opeth. Universal Truth is a cracking song

Listening to Armoured Angel atm (Mysterium). Many fans of 90s/00s Oz metal here?

My favourite was always Alchemist: the excellently named Jar of Kingdom was actually the first metal album I ever bought. Odd place to start, really.

But also listened to a lot of Hyperion, Alarum, some BloodDuster. I saw Astriaal play a few times and enjoyed them. Was also into Stargazer and Portal. Uneasy listening...

Who here likes mathcore?

Car Bomb dropped their new album last Friday.

Meshuggah, meets Dillinger, meets Deftones.

They’re doing things in music that no one else is doing, and their homage to Metallica(below) is face melting.

Nov 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who here likes mathcore?

Car Bomb dropped their new album last Friday.

Meshuggah, meets Dillinger, meets Deftones.

They’re doing things in music that no one else is doing, and their homage to Metallica(below) is face melting.

Yeah these guys are good, came across them recently via Imperial Triumphant and Cleric, if you like jazz with your metal.

Back