News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Okay guys, we have some progress.

Today the Club has put up flag signage along the entire length of the fence and at the driveway entrance 2 huge billboards. 1 of them says "Kennedy Community Center" with a Hawthorn Logo on it, the other Billboard was a bit hard to see but I think said something like "Welcome to the new Home of the Mighty Hawks".

I will see if I can get pictures tomorrow morning.

Hopefully they can start some work so we can get in there shortly. Maybe even just get some turf and goal posts so we can conduct private training sessions there which is a big drawback of Waverly.

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Okay guys, we have some progress.

Today the Club has put up flag signage along the entire length of the fence and at the driveway entrance 2 huge billboards. 1 of them says "Kennedy Community Center" with a Hawthorn Logo on it, the other Billboard was a bit hard to see but I think said something like "Welcome to the new Home of the Mighty Hawks".

I will see if I can get pictures tomorrow morning.

Hopefully they can start some work so we can get in there shortly. Maybe even just get some turf and goal posts so we can conduct private training sessions there which is a big drawback of Waverly.
I work nearby so might also se how it’s looking. Is the driveway entrance off Tootal rd?

Mar 11, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That saves me a bit of work. Was getting flash backs of putting up signs for the Hawks in September 2008 with some BF luminaries...

Geelong Highway

20181023_233418.jpg

DannyJ

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
When did the Dingley news break ? 2-3 years ago now ? It would be interesting to see what year our facility is ready by.
Not begginning until we have half the money to build the estimated $100m facility.

Wonder how close we are to $50m. We did get a generous donation a year or two ago

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not begginning until we have half the money to build the estimated $100m facility.

Wonder how close we are to $50m. We did get a generous donation a year or two ago

IIRC, Jeff said at the last Inside the Huddle event that we already had about $20-30m. Aim was to be in* by 2021/22

*there will still be some presence at Ricoh Centre until completion of Dingley

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.
Great. I was going to go this morning before work but due to some sort of traffic incident I had to go another way so didn't drive past. I will try to get one of the other billboard on the way home.

Everybody trying to get a pic of our new home caused a traffic jam.:)

Charchi

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Our only hope of getting started anytime soon is if Dingley turns into a marginal electorate, Geelong just had pledged another $100M which brings it to over $350M gifted to them.

Our only hope of getting started anytime soon is if Dingley turns into a marginal electorate, Geelong just had pledged another $100M which brings it to over $350M gifted to them.

I really don't think that matters. * secured state government funding for their uninspiring building over at the airport from a Coalition government despite being in a safe Labor district.

Back