News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting take Brant and Ned.
We were originally told that ground would break end of this year.
9 month delay now it seems to breaking ground.
9 months is a footy season longer until were on it.
Nothing? No reason. No news. No recent announcement of agreed renderings or contracts to builders?
No details regarding what usage of the land will actually be agreed on?
Nothing you want to know or feel confident on as a stakeholder in the club, and this GINORMOUS financial undertaking?
Ok.

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You'll notice I don't crap on about our coaches, or players, or the color of their jock.
I will believe eternally based on all I have lived these 50 years that our players will find a way.
I do care about financials, like sponsorships.
I do care about financials, like 120 million dollar undertakings and the health of those plans.
I do care about leadership, that it is effective, that it is honest, that it is dignified, that it represents my club well.

I don't need vid cams showing anything.
Just the basics that have to do with viability and future likelihood of success.
Were in good hands with the playing side with Clarko marshalling the football department.
A little extra confirmation of our other undertakings would be nice.

Nothing? No reason. No news. No recent announcement of agreed renderings or contracts to builders?
Nothing you want to know or feel confident on as a stakeholder in the club, and this GINORMOUS financial undertaking?
Ok.

You are taking as gospel the post of someone who has posted on bigfooty twice. Keep that in mind. If you expected an infrastructure project in Australia to track 100% to schedule then you are far more optimistic than your quoted post would suggest.

You'll find most supporters only care about the on-field stuff rather than the corporate stuff. I am equally intrigued by both. I want Dingley to go off without a hitch and be built next week - but when this involves both state and local governments being involved then I am not expecting that to happen.

I'm sure as a member of the club I will be informed when there is something substantial to inform me about.

Edit: Also - the local council recommended that building commence in 2020 and be completed by 2022 - so the absence of bobcats and people in high-vis on the site doesn't sound too alarming.

Last edited:

Ok.
You're missing the point, mate.

Seemingly, like you, I'd love to know what's going on; however, I respect & appreciate the decision of the Club in not telling me.

Delays can affect the Club anywhere, from trades, through to funding & even sponsorship, so if the Club decides that there's more benefit in not telling me than telling me, then I'll begrudgingly but respectfully just have to wait.

On the other hand, Jeff can flick me an update via PM whenever he wants.

You're welcome to consider my position 'interesting', but I consider your demand: that private info be made public, to be unrealistic.

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You're missing the point, mate.

Seemingly, like you, I'd love to know what's going on; however, I respect & appreciate the decision of the Club in not telling me.

Delays can affect the Club anywhere, from trades, through to funding & even sponsorship, so if the Club decides that there's more benefit in not telling me than telling me, then I'll begrudgingly but respectfully just have to wait.

On the other hand, Jeff can flick me an update via PM whenever he wants.

Yeh, that's 1980's blue baggers style business.
You're welcome to that go, I like mine open book.

Yeah - there isn't a club in the competition that operates like that. When we announced Audi we just announced it - we didn't put out updates on Twitter during the negotiations. You have expectations of the club that they would never realistically meet.

Righto mate...

if that's what you think I suggested then we're having a different conversation at each other & there's no point continuing.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You are taking as gospel the post of someone who has posted on bigfooty twice. Keep that in mind. If you expected an infrastructure project in Australia to track 100% to schedule then you are far more optimistic than your quoted post would suggest.

You'll find most supporters only care about the on-field stuff rather than the corporate stuff. I am equally intrigued by both. I want Dingley to go off without a hitch and be built next week - but when this involves both state and local governments being involved then I am not expecting that to happen.

I'm sure as a member of the club I will be informed when there is something substantial to inform me about.

Edit: Also - the local council recommended that building commence in 2020 and be completed by 2022 - so the absence of bobcats and people in high-vis on the site doesn't sound too alarming.
Yep, local council has to fit it in with other planning too.

I think there is a need in the area for a sporting complex for the public e.g swimming pool, basketball courts, gym type place like gesac.

Would be good if they could provide funding on the condition that we build something like that on the site. Restaurant and function venue as well so it's just a training base but a revenue stream as well.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Also on lack of announcements, my guess is that we are likely negotiating permits with council, sourcing funding, preparing requests for tenders etc...

If the club came out and announced a build start date even if 80% agreed to it would look bad if doesn't go ahead. Funding, Plans, permits and contracts for construction probably all need to be established before it can be announced and for a 100 million + project we won't be rushing into it without a good and achievable outcome in all aspects.

Everyone needs to calm their farm.

This is a massive undertaking and not something that we will, nor should, rush to announce.

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Long time lurker and lifelong hawks fan.

To add some context to my Original Post. The company I work for is Australias biggest real estate data company (without naming names) We have a few businesses and one of them is heavily invested in data in regards to new construction projects.

We have research teams that call people all day every day to find out about whats happening where, the industry volunteer information to us as well, its something that works in everyone's favour when everyone is looking to find their next job.

As some people have alluded to, councils are also a great source of the information as planning permits will be submitted and approved.

My original post is vague because the current information is vague, its very early on in the project.
This is the first update i have received and I would expect to get more information again before august next year. This is always tentative and subject to change.

Its very likely the club will announce official information before i get more details, but once those announcements start rolling in then more updates should start rolling in for me....

This project should be awesome for the development of the club long term. I'm just happy that my role at work allows me to monitor whats going on. Its always nice to share :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone needs to calm their farm.

This is a massive undertaking and not something that we will, nor should, rush to announce.
There really only seems to be 1 poster (not everyone) who needs to calm that farm.
All others seem to understand that this isn’t something than can/is going to happen tomorrow.

Clearly flinchy knows very little about the planning & permit side of the building industry, let alone the funding side of it.

You are right, this is a massive undertaking. We are not building a 1st home buyers house in a leveled off housing estate, where next door looks the same as next door.
& that (1st home buyers housing) takes long enough to plan & approve.

There really only seems to be 1 poster (not everyone) who needs to calm that farm.
All others seem to understand that this isn’t something than can/is going to happen tomorrow.

Clearly flinchy knows very little about the planning & permit side of the building industry, let alone the funding side of it.

You are right, this is a massive undertaking. We are not building a 1st home buyers house in a leveled off housing estate, where next door looks the same as next door.
& that (1st home buyers housing) takes long enough to plan & approve.

Absolutely: I have a client who has gone through the whole process, after he purchased a large piece of land in the northern suburbs.
We started the development application in March 2014, and after input from planners, surveyors, geologists and architects, and multiple appointments and correspondence with 4 different government bodies, meetings with ministers, local council, environment bodies, etc, the development was finally completed in July 2018.
It took 4 years, and went reasonably smoothly.

And now he's just bought another property to develop - what fun!

Give the club a little space to get things done, people.

jiphoc

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2008
Buddy's Ego
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The land has a fair process to go through. I have got wind of a bit of it from my work. Normal procedure when you make this type of purchase. People need to calm down a bit.

Street signage appears to have been taken down at Dingleyland. Not sure why.
Renaming?
Brereton Boulevard
Dunstall Drive
Crimmins Court
Ayres Avenue
Scott Street

Gymnasium to be called Mew's Mew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back