News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Does anybody happen to know if the option to purchase additional land still exists?

I think given that it was for a reasonable price, it might prove a smart and viable move if we purchased it.

We could use it for developments and endeavours, such as the building of a multi court complex if we were to register an NBL team.

We could also perhaps just keep it up our sleeves and sit on it until we need it, if at all.
Might be taken up by Wallyworld

The Zagame’s Wild Water Park will likely be constructed within the suburb of Dingley Village, Melbourne and as soon as accomplished, it should the largest indoor water park within the Southern Hemisphere sitting at 18,200sqm.
https://whatsnew2day.com/new-water-...emisphere-and-includes-a-423-meter-long-ride/

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I note that the Matildas recently announced that they are looking to set up a training base/home around Melbourne. if there is room for them there wouldn't be a better ally to have in terms of securing both State and Federal Govt funding.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I note that the Matildas recently announced that they are looking to set up a training base/home around Melbourne. if there is room for them there wouldn't be a better ally to have in terms of securing both State and Federal Govt funding.

All the more reason to purchase the additional land, so many ways in which it could be utilized.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Might be taken up by Wallyworld

The Zagame’s Wild Water Park will likely be constructed within the suburb of Dingley Village, Melbourne and as soon as accomplished, it should the largest indoor water park within the Southern Hemisphere sitting at 18,200sqm.
https://whatsnew2day.com/new-water-...emisphere-and-includes-a-423-meter-long-ride/
That's actually pretty bad news for us. I was thinking that we would be able to secure government funding by building a swimming pool/gym etc.. On site. We would get funding for providing community attractions and also generate revenue from it. If there is going to be a huge water park around the corner then it shuts the option down.

However it does seem like a heap of development is getting started with new business parks being build in the dfo/cocso block too.

GrumpyOldFart

Cancelled
Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2020 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2019 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2018 Hawthorn Hawks - Conor Nash Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - James Cousins Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2017 Hawthorn Hawks - Jermaine Miller-Lewis, Alex Woodward, Kaiden Brand Player Sponsor 2016 Hawthorn Hawks - Alex Woodward, Jed Anderson and Jermaine Miller-Lewis Player Sponsor 2015 Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2014 Hawthorn Hawks - Box Hill 2013 Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Croydon Rangers
I was taking the piss outta Dave for blaming Jeff
& I ain’t paying the $2000.......I have 8 memberships
And I was just taking the piss out of you, mate. 16 grand for you, eh? Better get back to work. :);)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Forced up sell on membership and reserved seating is going to bite next season.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Apologies it's behind a paywall (not that I pay hahahaha).
Me either

Hawthorn wants to build one of the world’s biggest and best training bases at its new Dingley home by the end of 2022.
The club has submitted new plans to construct a dazzling $130 million headquarters and community facility across 80 acres.

The Hawks will contribute about $80 million and seek $50 million in Government and AFL funds to complete the Kennedy Community Centre.

A-fe669c386977e8ff256025142054a1d4.jpg

No doubt it will be impressive and far better than anything in this country.
$80m commitment from the club is significant.
Not many clubs could do that.

Currently have 9 councils vying to give the Matildas land for the base, so won't be a shortage of options. Likely to be in Casey or within the Tarneit area as part of Western United FC.

From last nights function and article:

- 80 acre site to be split 1/3 Hawthorn use, 2/3 community use
- 4 ovals (1 to include 500 seat stand that could be used for VFL and AFLW games), 2 soccer fields
- 6 indoor basketball courts
- indoor aquatic centre
- include educational facility
- hawks to stay in pokies, no immediate intention to leave, just to add different revenue streams such as commencing a sports management business (like what they're doing with SEM Phoenix NBL team and apparently new A-League team)
- plan to be complete by end of 2022
- $130m total cost, Hawks to provide $80m and seek Govt funding for $50m
- 1000 onsite car parks

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Punters on the Herald Sun page whinging "Not with my tax dollars!" have a lot of difficulty seeing the long term. I'm very much a small government, anti-tax sort of person - but you'd have to be stupid not to see that the net gain from an initiative like this far outstrips the $50m investment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back