News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading between the lines I interpret 1/3 Harthorn exclusive private usage. 2/3 available to the community when not in use by HFC who will always get priority access....
That's the only logical way I can interpret it as well...though I then wonder about the use of the word "exclusively"

That's the only logical way I can interpret it as well...though I then wonder about the use of the word "exclusively"
Admin area, gym, pool, club rooms, shop and perhaps exclusive use on one of the ovals - ie this oval never rented out on weekends or for non-hawk training. Logically, this would be the best of the ovals, but it seems they want to make the one with the grandstand available for VFL matches. How would a club utilise 4 ovals?

Admin area, gym, pool, club rooms, shop and perhaps exclusive use on one of the ovals - ie this oval never rented out on weekends or for non-hawk training. Logically, this would be the best of the ovals, but it seems they want to make the one with the grandstand available for VFL matches. How would a club utilise 4 ovals?
Isnt one a MCG replica and the other is Docklands the others would be configured to other away ovals as required ??
You would think theres still some spares

It must have been an interesting process deciding on what to build as the dollar number rose...
For $200 mil KC built a 20,000 seat very high end soccer stadium recently, absolutely gorgeous and a complete hit with the supporters...always sold out.

Could we have done the same as 50-70 million turned into 85 million turned in to 130 million..... perhaps parlayed in to 200 mill of our own stadium that we bank receipts from directly ourselves?

The ship has sailed as even low drawing games are now economic at marvel, and the non vic teams are piling on more pressure to play at MCG now.

if anything a stadium could have been at Sandown or Graves reserve that the soccer syndicate were looking at. Better links to transport.

Great that its much more public accessible than waverly, which seemed to have been designed to be hard to get to

It must have been an interesting process deciding on what to build as the dollar number rose...
For $200 mil KC built a 20,000 seat very high end soccer stadium recently, absolutely gorgeous and a complete hit with the supporters...always sold out.
View attachment 634822

Could we have done the same as 50-70 million turned into 85 million turned in to 130 million..... perhaps parlayed in to 200 mill of our own stadium that we bank receipts from directly ourselves?
Well at least KC factored in enough room on the playing surface for players to take a run up when taking corners, unlike the new billion dollar Tottenham stadium that left about two feet before dropping off into a ditch.
corner.jpg

It could also mean revenue from leasing function centre, cafes, parking will go to club.

Add in the potential for leasing the grounds to cricket teams for training over summer, drop in a pitch or two on the additional grounds during our off season (maybe not our MCG track), lease it and the gym and other facilities out to Cricket Australia/Victoria, touring teams or to a Melbourne BBL team, as well as local cricket comps.

Not saying it will happen, but it's a possibility

The Hawks are blessed with foresight in this space, we own Waverley Park and I expect will own the Kennedy Community Centre, as a member based organisation not privately owned to be in a position to progress this is quite remarkable. Kudos to all and thanks for making the Hawks unique.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dingley is in the federal seat of Isaacs which is held by a significant margin by the shadow AG, Mark Dreyfus. If people think Jeff Kennet's softening on Australia Day and other matters earlier this year is a sudden epiphany for him they don't get the bloke and his politics. If the ALP win the federal election it will get funded and what is a significant change from the original plan is meeting ALP funding concerns to make it more open to the local community.

Dingley is in the federal seat of Isaacs which is held by a significant margin by the shadow AG, Mark Dreyfus. If people think Jeff Kennet's softening on Australia Day and other matters earlier this year is a sudden epiphany for him they don't get the bloke and his politics. If the ALP win the federal election it will get funded and what is a significant change from the original plan is meeting ALP funding concerns to make it more open to the local community.

If you embrace Hawthorn.
One day you could be it's president.
images (6).jpeg
6a811bf2f91bed50c621a1e120dc080a1d5519e6.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6020443484001?utm_source=Outbrain&utm_medium=Discovery&utm_campaign=audience-mobile&utm_content=Govt+announces+$15+million+for+North+Qld+Cowboys+training+facility&utm_term=bigfooty

Just waiting for the Federal Govt announcement to promise some funding for Dingley

What's the over under on what they'll give us?
30 mil?

I think 50 mill from state and federal is the minimum we should expect. I would be insulted by 30, and doubt we would accept that, in total.

30 from Feds alone would be decent.

Hi Guys

Once again I got my email alert this morning that there had been some updates applied to the project.

I only had a brief glance again and will check for further info again tomorrow in case I have missed anything.

Only changes I noticed today are to start and end dates.

Commence Date has changed from 21 Aug 2019 to 20 Jul 2020
Completion Date has changed from 17 Jul 2020 to 19 Dec 2022

The club itself is now listed as the "developer" of the project. Project estimated value is also now shown as the $130,000,000 goal.

So I'll add my usual disclaimer that this information is subject to change and only meant to be viewed as a guide.
Not surprised at the change of dates. Its a massive project and these dates seem much more likely.

Looks like we may have new facilities in time for the 2023 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back