News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

20 mil is a nice investment. Interesting that Ash Brown links it to the hawks getting out of Tasmania. Just not sure what the link is

He probably just wants to get to more games each year.

May 29, 2010
The Tree Lodge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
SF 49ers, Arsenal
I believe that labor is supportive of a Tasmanian AFL team. Don't quote me on this as I don't believe there is anything formal but it may be part of the overall plan. Be interesting to see how it all plays out if labor wins.

20 mil is a nice investment. Interesting that Ash Brown links it to the hawks getting out of Tasmania. Just not sure what the link is

So what happens when "Tasmania" is replaced by "Labor" on the jumpers.....

There were actually quite a few Raiders fans who got their noses out of joint when the CFMEU were the major sponsor for a few years - boycotting jersey purchases etc.

Jane Doe

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The seat isn't in play for the libs. They only porkbarrel marginals. Also, pouring buckets of money into what used to be safe seats of Kooyong and Flinders trying to save Frydenberg and Hunt.
The liberal candidate for this seat was sacked last week for some racist rants. Labor will win this seat unfournately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The liberal candidate for this seat was sacked last week for some racist rants. Labor will win this seat unfournately

Has been a safe Labor seat for well over a decade and despite a redistribution probably trimming their margin was likely not at risk of being lost this time around anyway.

$20 mil from the federal government will go a long way. There is still state and local council funding that could be secured and with most of these things, nothing stopping the other side from matching the promise, or from stopping either side from not delivering.

I doubt this is going to change anyone on here's mind about who they will or won't vote for this election and we don't need it to be used as a basis for people arguing their political views.

Rich

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Lib staffers at the early polling booth the other day were not bothering anyone who was from Isaacs. They’ve no candidate - it’s Labor by how far.

Mar 15, 2009
Scarborough WA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
All Blacks Green Bay
Thought Albo was a GWS man?
images (3).jpeg

I notice Jeff wasn't there. Libs more important than Hawks?
Maybe just not a good idea for someone so involved with the Liberal party to be part of a Labor announcement, I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted Jeff in the photo

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi Guys

Once again I got my email alert this morning that there had been some updates applied to the project.

I only had a brief glance again and will check for further info again tomorrow in case I have missed anything.

Only changes I noticed today are to start and end dates.

Commence Date has changed from 21 Aug 2019 to 20 Jul 2020
Completion Date has changed from 17 Jul 2020 to 19 Dec 2022

The club itself is now listed as the "developer" of the project. Project estimated value is also now shown as the $130,000,000 goal.

So I'll add my usual disclaimer that this information is subject to change and only meant to be viewed as a guide.
Not surprised at the change of dates. Its a massive project and these dates seem much more likely.

Looks like we may have new facilities in time for the 2023 season.
While the delay makes sense as funding and planning takes a long time. The build has now been cut from 11 months to 5, that's a lot of time to take out of the process.

I notice Jeff wasn't there. Libs more important than Hawks?
Maybe just not a good idea for someone so involved with the Liberal party to be part of a Labor announcement, I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted Jeff in the photo

I think he was announcing the emergency services game at the MCG today.

$20 mil from the federal government will go a long way. There is still state and local council funding that could be secured and with most of these things, nothing stopping the other side from matching the promise, or from stopping either side from not delivering.

I doubt this is going to change anyone on here's mind about who they will or won't vote for this election and we don't need it to be used as a basis for people arguing their political views.

There's no question that we'll get funding from the Federal Govt if the Libs win too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back