News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Fed ALP committed to $20m
Hmmmm, I'm not sure that is enough inducement to crossover to the Dark Side. It is like asking me to buy an Essendon membership.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure that is enough inducement to crossover to the Dark Side. It is like asking me to buy an Essendon membership.
More like a four year subscription to because Hawthorn ;)

Interesting that ALP will fund $20m if elected. So who will Jeff be voting for?
One party may not have been prepared to pledge funds until such time that their opposition did.

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
While the delay makes sense as funding and planning takes a long time. The build has now been cut from 11 months to 5, that's a lot of time to take out of the process.

I think you may need to re-read my post, it was an update from an earlier one. Build time is still a couple of years not a couple of months.

Starts 20 Jul 2020
Expected end 19 Dec 2022

Thats still 2 1/2 years of build time. 30 Months seems reasonable for a project this size.

With the announcement of the additional funding from the federal opposition if they win the election it looks like the project may be picking up steam!

I think you may need to re-read my post, it was an update from an earlier one. Build time is still a couple of years not a couple of months.

Starts 20 Jul 2020
Expected end 19 Dec 2022

Thats still 2 1/2 years of build time. 30 Months seems reasonable for a project this size.

With the announcement of the additional funding from the federal opposition if they win the election it looks like the project may be picking up steam!
Do you happen to know if it will be a staged opening. For example, will we have access to certain facilities early on but other areas (e.g. community sporting club courts) will be opened later?

Rimsy

Debutant
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The company I work for only covers information up until the start of construction. Once the first piece of work is underway we no longer research further into the project. So that sort of information probably wont come across my desk unfortunately. I may see an occasional tender notification as we get closer to construction but that's about it.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Starts 20 Jul 2020
Expected end 19 Dec 2022

My bad, read the end as 19 dec 2020 for some reason.

Gaston

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2014
in the outer with anticipation
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jeff looking genuinely shocked with the results tonight. Politics aside, a pretty shitty result for the club.

Not necessarily, the Libs have deliberating avoided being extravagant with promises of this nature.
Once the dust settles they may look at any submission and assist.

What is really wrong is how much money the Geelong redevelopment keeps getting from government.
Contrary to promises of a BBL team and a national soccer team playing out of the stadium
not coming to fruition.

Jeff looking genuinely shocked with the results tonight. Politics aside, a pretty shitty result for the club.
The club will still get cash

Not necessarily, the Libs have deliberating avoided being extravagant with promises of this nature.
Once the dust settles they may look at any submission and assist.

What is really wrong is how much money the Geelong redevelopment keeps getting from government.
Contrary to promises of a BBL team and a national soccer team playing out of the stadium
not coming to fruition.
They ain’t giving $20m to a Labor electorate after an election.

They ain’t giving $20m to a Labor electorate after an election.
no they will give money to the sporting club with the former Liberal Premier as President.

They give federal money to all the sporting clubs when they go asking for it, we will get money from them.

It might be 10 or 15 not 20 but we will get cash

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Dingley project just became problematic. It might be rooted in its current form. The Conservatives don’t need to support the ALP commitment. And from my info. WONT.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Come on. This is Jeff you’re talking about. You don’t think Jeff has a plan B?

3AB6514E-AD9C-4AE6-BA79-3A532A21AE46.gif

Come on. This is Jeff you’re talking about. You don’t think Jeff has a plan B?
When Jeff's on tv last night, pale as can be saying "I didn't see Liberals winning this one in a million years", then I'm not sure that he would have had a plan b. This was an Albanese pet project, this will have significant ramifications with the project,

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When Jeff's on tv last night, pale as can be saying "I didn't see Liberals winning this one in a million years", then I'm not sure that he would have had a plan b. This was an Albanese pet project, this will have significant ramifications with the project,
That’s $20M lost for a $135M project. Wouldn’t think that’s a show stopper though. The Cats were also promised $20M for their stadium upgrade. It’ll still get done.

Back