News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll love even more now that there is a new 90 km speed limit for trucks which starts outbound near Huntingdale road.

Not that the fecking trucks could be stuffed obeying any road laws at all.

The 90 km/h limit would work if it was done correctly - all trucks staying the left bloody lane like they are legally meant to do. Instead they scatter across all the lanes and bugger it up for everyone. A few years ago I drove through France and Italy and they have a similar split limit (130 km/h for cars and 110 km/h for trucks) and it worked really well because trucks are smart enough to stay in the right (over there) lane and you just overtake them calmly when you are approaching one. It all works because everyone drives the way they should. Expecting common sense from Australian motorists though is a fools errand. Every time I hear people advocating for 130 km/h roads in this country I think - yeah that's an awesome idea, but not when you add Australian drivers into the mix.

They are stealing our future coaches too.

It is far healthier for our future coaches to do their apprenticeship at other clubs under approved ex-hawks assistants e.g. Mitchell - Simpson, rather then suffer the horrendous intellectual and conceptual inbreeding with its crippling amplification of existing flaws, that one sees in a piteous case like Buckley where staying at the same club has produced a remtarded coach devoid of vision and incapable of even recognising modern football, let alone adapting to it and hence incapable of any innovation whatsoever.

For anyone who doesn't live in the SE suburbs, getting to the SE suburbs is awful. The Monash freeway is home of moron truck drivers who think it is incredibly bright to proceed to drive 5-10 km/h under the speed limit - but not just isolate this to one lane but all of them. My hate for that ******* road is equal to my hate for Essendrugs and the $wines.
If Hirdy was driving a car with Gerard Healy as a passenger and they rear ended you on that road...(?!)

If it could be subdivided or if there was nay chance of that happening in the next decade or so, then there is no way they would be getting that much land for under the $8 million that they are paying.

If the land was able to be fully subdivided for residential use the site would worth far more than $200 million.

They are playing $112.000 per acre when the land content of ~500 sq metre blocks (under the 630 sq m dual occupancy sub division size) to the north around South Oakleigh are around the $500k mark.
risk of zoning and timing would be factored into any land sale obviously. On a reclaimed land fill, unlikely any time soon

re-zoning in a couple of decades would be possible.....and value would then explode

Of course it will. Transportation is where most of the $50m is being sunk.

images

Is that Solar Gold dematerializing?

If it could be subdivided or if there was nay chance of that happening in the next decade or so, then there is no way they would be getting that much land for under the $8 million that they are paying.

If the land was able to be fully subdivided for residential use the site would worth far more than $200 million.

They are playing $112.000 per acre when the land content of ~500 sq metre blocks (under the 630 sq m dual occupancy sub division size) to the north around South Oakleigh are around the $500k mark.
Why is the land so cheap then? Ii is at least valid for commercial development now.

Coteries, members and supporters plus bequests?

St Kilda got 12mill from the government to redevelop Moorabbin, if they are given that much, there must be a way the get something from them also. (Having said that, I'm not a super fan of getting money from the government)

The 90 km/h limit would work if it was done correctly - all trucks staying the left bloody lane like they are legally meant to do. Instead they scatter across all the lanes and bugger it up for everyone. A few years ago I drove through France and Italy and they have a similar split limit (130 km/h for cars and 110 km/h for trucks) and it worked really well because trucks are smart enough to stay in the right (over there) lane and you just overtake them calmly when you are approaching one. It all works because everyone drives the way they should. Expecting common sense from Australian motorists though is a fools errand. Every time I hear people advocating for 130 km/h roads in this country I think - yeah that's an awesome idea, but not when you add Australian drivers into the mix.
You had better not come to Perth.

If you think Vic drivers are bad, you need to see WA drivers, there is no comparison.

Cant merge, think they own the road, think its their right to make sure no one does 1km/h over the speed limit. They are dangerous.

I regularly ride a motorbike in Indonesia, Malaysia & Thailand but would never ever ride one in Perth, not even for money. Its bad enough in a car

You had better not come to Perth.

If you think Vic drivers are bad, you need to see WA drivers, there is no comparison.

Cant merge, think they own the road, think its their right to make sure no one does 1km/h over the speed limit. They are dangerous.

I regularly ride a motorbike in Indonesia, Malaysia & Thailand but would never ever ride one in Perth, not even for money. Its bad enough in a car
Most drivers would have learnt to drive when the city had half the population it does now.

The merging situation is the highlight of Perth traffic. I used to live near the Claisebrook side of the Polly Pipe. Traffic would flow fine across the bridge until the on ramp right by the station. There was never any reason for the traffic to bank up round the corner. Argh, so frustrating memories. //close rant

It is far healthier for our future coaches to do their apprenticeship at other clubs under approved ex-hawks assistants e.g. Mitchell - Simpson, rather then suffer the horrendous intellectual and conceptual inbreeding with its crippling amplification of existing flaws, that one sees in a piteous case like Buckley where staying at the same club has produced a remtarded coach devoid of vision and incapable of even recognising modern football, let alone adapting to it and hence incapable of any innovation whatsoever.
This is true. I didn't mean future Hawthorn coaches but coaches of Hawthorn origin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most drivers would have learnt to drive when the city had half the population it does now.

The merging situation is the highlight of Perth traffic. I used to live near the Claisebrook side of the Polly Pipe. Traffic would flow fine across the bridge until the on ramp right by the station. There was never any reason for the traffic to bank up round the corner. Argh, so frustrating memories. //close rant

You should never complain about Australian drivers until you have driven on Asian or European roads.:eek:

Why is the land so cheap then? Ii is at least valid for commercial development now.

It is Green Wedge Schedule 2 so it subject to serious development restrictions so no commercial and no residential.

So no subdivision under 12 ha, and no restaurants or function centres holding over 150 people. The latter is a serious development constraint for the club as it would be nice to have a medium sized function centre out there capable of hosting club events like the B&F.

However open space uses like market gardens are fine and sporting fields that retain the open space feel are fine.

It the land was owned by some very special rich mates of the state Liberal party one could be sure that it would get rezoned to a higher value use at some stage in the future maybe rezoned for high rise towers like their land rezoning scam in the docklands.

St Kilda got 12mill from the government to redevelop Moorabbin, if they are given that much, there must be a way the get something from them also. (Having said that, I'm not a super fan of getting money from the government)
I spoke to Tim Silvers (HFC chief of finance) after the AGM and asked him about external funding. He said early talks with the AFL looks like about $5m from them, as that's what they put in for the Collingwood and Geelong developments. He said it helps to have Newbold on the other side of the fence. He did confirm that the State Gov would also contribute, given the community aspect of the development. Didn't say how much.

He did also say however, that there was some interest from AFLHQ in the AFL somehow retaining Waverley. Which would presumably mean some more $ in HFC's pocket.

He did also say however, that there was some interest from AFLHQ in the AFL somehow retaining Waverley.

But as what?

As an AFL museum dedicated to its own grandiosity?

The stands are heritage or national trust listed and so can't be demolished, and the ground is partially alienated due to it's use for recreation by the locals establishing access rights and I am sure no one can build on it as surely it would have a covenant on it placed by the developers to protect the residents of circle.

You should never complain about Australian drivers until you have driven Ion Asian or European roads.:eek:
I live in Europe. Not merging correctly is a social faux pas that incurs much honking and finger signing if disobeyed. The rules here in the Netherlands is when you want to live here as an Australian you must apply for your license from scratch—unless your a rich expat, then they have a clause to allow you to get around based on your salary. Anyway, a big part of the test is actually merging on the freeway. I wasn't even allowed on the freeway as a learner when I got my license in Australia. Sorry, this is way off Dingley, I guess I have some seriously suppressed road rage.

I live in Europe. Not merging correctly is a social faux pas that incurs much honking and finger signing if disobeyed. The rules here in the Netherlands is when you want to live here as an Australian you must apply for your license from scratch—unless your a rich expat, then they have a clause to allow you to get around based on your salary. Anyway, a big part of the test is actually merging on the freeway. I wasn't even allowed on the freeway as a learner when I got my license in Australia. Sorry, this is way off Dingley, I guess I have some seriously suppressed road rage.

Then it's best just to let it go.

In Thailand, where you drive on the left, road rage is almost non existent. I have only seen two cases in 20 tears, but you constantly face on coming motor bikes, and sometimes car coming on your side of the road. and there is absolutely no respect for traffic lights or rules. I think we got onto this subject because of someone complaining about Aussie drivers.

Then it's best just to let it go.

In Thailand, where you drive on the left, road rage is almost non existent. I have only seen two cases in 20 tears, but you constantly face on coming motor bikes, and sometimes car coming on your side of the road. and there is absolutely no respect for traffic lights or rules. I think we got onto this subject because of someone complaining about Aussie drivers.
Yeah, it was about the 90km/h limit for trucks. I currently don't own a car, I use a bike for everything, so I don't wait in traffic. It got me thinking, I wonder if someone would be able to sue the roads department for loss of income.

Hawthorn are good at not merging though

But Hawthorn has only not merged once.

They need more merging opportunities.
Hawthorn proved they know how not to merge when totally unnessesary. They only needed 1 lesson

Perth drivers are currently getting a lesson on tv & radio (I sh!t you not)
The funniest part is the ad is done by kids, it's childs play.....so they say

Dingley is a just a stones throw away from the bayside suburbs so I would expect even more players to be lodging in around Brighton, Elwood and Sandringham now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back