The highlight of the off season so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Also had a bit of a chat with him, he's a pretty self assured bloke, he's brimming with confidence about his chances of cracking the 21 :thumbsu:

This guy was looking very closely at the hat.

mad_hatter1.jpg

In light of the recent injury to Chris Judd, Hat has vaulted into outright favourtism for the Brownlow Medal next year

Apparently Fremantle are replacing their club song with a reworked version titled Hat

I'd like to see Hat throw down with Balaclava from the pies...

stereotype.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Herald Sun has a feature article on hat for tomorrow's paper, but I managed to get a sneak preview:

TOP HAT

Andrew Walker's infamous Hat has sparked a flood of inquiries at Carlton unseen since their breach of the salary cap.

Most questions centered on whether Hat would be a Starter, and if this signalled a New Era at the club.

"Some boys looked a bit flat, but Hat looked like the best prospect at the club since Earl Spalding. Whether it's in the bright sun or driving rain, the newsboys are going to be talking," said Brett Ratten at Visy Park today.

Getting in a few weeks of training before Santa comes has helped the group come together, according to Ratten.

"We don't want any cowboys out there, and I don't want to speak in cloches, but they're training the house down. We'll be ready when it comes to any cross-town derbys."

Speaking outside his Balaclava home, Andrew Walker had nothing but praise for the pithy headgear.

"Would I say he's a hard Hat? Well, he's no slouch, that's for certain."

Usually a beefeater, Walker said that they encountered a problem with a different food choice on an offseason trip to Panama.

"We got on the porkpies, and let me tell you, Hat was quickly looking pretty baggy green. I was over the bucket for days. That said, it did help get our skinfolds down, so I've been training in bearskin lately - Hat's been calling me "trucker", because I've been showing my rig off."

Asked if he could see any team's taking the plunge on controversial former teammate Brendan Fedora, Walker would only wish luck to the man Carlton fans used to call "Fez".

Tweet from Jay Clark:

Major story about to break on Superfooty. Not good news for one of the league's premiership heavyweights.

Unconfirmed reports saying Andrew Walker has lost his hat. Apparently broken down after such a big pre-season.

Confirmed report says Max Bailey out for 3 months with wrist injury

LUCKLESS Hawthorn ruckman Max Bailey is facing another injury-enforced layoff in a devastating blow to the club's big man stocks.

..Bailey, 25, is believed to have hurt his wrist, which could require up to three months on the sidelines to repair.

It is a savage blow to Bailey, who has undergone three knee reconstructions and managed just 22 games in six seasons.

Specific details of Bailey's injury are still emerging, but it is understood the club has begun informing key stakeholders of the development this morning.

His absence for most of the first half of the season will significantly test the club’s ruck depth.

Read More

Remove this Banner Ad

Back