Analysis The Highlights of 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinclair and Cunningham probably two biggest long-term highlights. From fringe players and whipping boys to genuine contributors who are probably top 10 in our b&f.

Florent showing he’s got what it takes to break games open another one, but a pity he faded as the year went on. Nevertheless very good signs.

Ronke, nuff said, hopefully as time goes on he builds consistency.

McCartin showed some great signs given he’s the youngest player in the comp.

AJ’s return without doubt the single biggest highlight. Terrible shame how it ended, but for a magical couple of weeks the entire footy world was with him. Fairytale stuff, even if it didn’t last. Probably also the biggest lowlight the next game, but that’s a testament to just how much he’d put into it and just how much we were all behind him.

We maintained relevance. The big highlight may yet come. It won't be trades or the draft.

It could be a resignation from the coach.
B52 I get that you don't like Longmire, but his resignation would not be a highlight for myself and quite a few others on here. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me that if that actually happened (which personally I don't see, thank heaven), a few years down the track, all those on here asking for it would be very repentant.

We maintained relevance. The big highlight may yet come. It won't be trades or the draft.

It could be a resignation from the coach.

I know starting a thread doesn't give me ownership, and I realise i am critical of horse more than most too so there is hypocrisy, but I did want to see this thread be the positive thread, what we did well in 2018, what we are proud of, what you enjoyed.

There are 3 other threads to talk about the coach

1. Making finals despite injuries
2. Beating the premiers twice and had the best record against the top 8
3. Uneartherd and/or matured a great group of kids. Future looks bright.
4. Hawks out in straight sets after playing their finals against us in Rd23.
5. Collingwood LOL. Eddie's face.
6. Ronke does a Buddy
7. Heeney's mark
8. The emergence of Hewett as a genuine midfield talent
9. AJ
10. Eddie's face with 21 seconds to go and the ball trapped in the WC forward line
11. Buckley's double face palm at full time.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back