Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to lose one or more of Cox, Logue, Pearce or Darcy for that to work.
Unless Naughton requests home, which he isnt given he just did an extension. There is no feasible trade that sees the Dogs sending Naughton our way

Yeah this isn't ideal but we're in a very comfortable position to be adequately compensated. There's no urgency to get a return and he'll have an array of suitors. The club's with the higher draft picks have the most cap space & Geelong have Kelly.

Given the length remaining on his contract, if a club wants him this year they have little to no bargaining power, if it's not good enough they can try again next year.

Naughton is not a possibility, he never wanted to play in WA even before he was drafted.

Unless Naughton requests home, which he isnt given he just did an extension. There is no feasible trade that sees the Dogs sending Naughton our way
Even if he did request a trade home our backline of Hamling, Alex Pearce also has Logue.
Our forward line of Hogan, Lobb also has Cox.

Unless we lose Darcy so Lobb is full time in the ruck, or we lose one of Hamling, Pearce or Logue so Naughton is in defense I think we would be burning a lot of capital to have someone sitting in the WAFL.

So we'd be losing someone else. In my opinion anyway. So it would be Brad Hill and Cox/Darcy/Alex Pearce for Naughton and their first.

Even if he did request a trade home our backline of Hamling, Alex Pearce also has Logue.
Our forward line of Hogan, Lobb also has Cox.

Unless we lose Darcy so Lobb is full time in the ruck, or we lose one of Hamling, Pearce or Logue so Naughton is in defense I think we would be burning a lot of capital to have someone sitting in the WAFL.

So we'd be losing someone else. In my opinion anyway. So it would be Brad Hill and Cox/Darcy/Alex Pearce for Naughton and their first.
All fair points. Essentially, there is no way Naughton is involved in this trade

Brad hill for Tim Kelly and a swap of first picks with a third coming back to Freo would be a great result for both clubs.

Brings Freo into the third round. And we get much needed midfield depth.

For Geelong the outside run he would provide would be scary good.

Brad hill for Tim Kelly and a swap of first picks with a third coming back to Freo would be a great result for both clubs.

Brings Freo into the third round. And we get much needed midfield depth.

For Geelong the outside run he would provide would be scary good.
I wouldnt do more than swapping our second with Geelong as the extra on top in the deal

We want our first to be as high as possible to get ahead of Henry bids, swapping to the end of the 1st is fraught with danger, we wouldnt do it.

I wouldnt do more than swapping our second with Geelong as the extra on top in the deal

We want our first to be as high as possible to get ahead of Henry bids, swapping to the end of the 1st is fraught with danger, we wouldnt do it.
Too options get in front or slip down the order. Slipping down creates the most value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone are the days where men can make decisions for themselves without losing their partner it seems.
That occurred to me a few years ago when I saw this couple walking down the road.
The female was dressed all scruffy sleeve tattoos on both arms and had invisible water melons under her armpits.
The male was dressed smartly slouched shoulders and was pushing the pram.

Too options get in front or slip down the order. Slipping down creates the most value
Depends how you do it.

Slipping creates more value if you are trading for points, thats not what your doing with your trade.

Henry is worth a first rounder, regardless of where he's actually bid on (clubs bid to keep others reasonably honest, not their actual value)

Getting our first ahead of his bid gets us two first rounders. Your trade has a good chance of getting us 1 first rounder (Henry) and a second (the one we have now that ideally gets eaten up by the Henry bid)

To create value, we'd rather turn our second into a bunch of thirds that are worth more on points but not a good trade on real world value. For example, would you rather pick 25, or pick 39 and 40, because the latter is worth 80 extra points

Last edited:
I do find going across boards is funny. You've got people saying that Hill is the same player as when he left, or, they would give more than a late first or early second and I find it hard not to bite. Then I come back here and JMT is saying Naughton and their first and I realise every board is the same so I should probs cool it
Quoted for truth. Applies to all topics too. Would you believe 2 opposing teams can get absolutely reamed by the umpires in the same game 6+ times per round? BF club boards would have you believe that.

Gone are the days where men can make decisions for themselves without losing their partner it seems.
Your not wrong

Omeara moved to vicco too because his missus is from there .
Martin looks to be going the same.

These chumps do realise they can pretty much have whoever they want for a GF right?

What a joke

Bulldogs would be a good fit. Prob around pick 7. We will prob have around pick 9/10. I have us just missing finals.

Keep 7. Trade pick 9 and some later change for Kelly, or if we have to straight swap 7>Kelly>BHill.

I still see Henry around the 14-20 mark. Two second round picks for Langdon (21, 30)

In best scenario we go to the draft:
7 (or 9), Henry (bid match at 16), 27, 30

Using pick 21 or equivalent with discount on 16. This may push back 30 a little but whatever.

So in effect have 9, 16, 27, 30.
Lose Langdon, BHill > gain T. Kelly

Reiterate - need a good top 7 draft pick or direct player swap for T. Kelly. I’d be comfortable with that.

If Kelly didn’t want to come to Freo because of the Hills, but now the Hills are leaving, then we can now get Kelly and find a replacement for Brad. So who could we replace Brad with?

If Kelly didn’t want to come to Freo because of the Hills, but now the Hills are leaving, then we can now get Kelly and find a replacement for Brad. So who could we replace Brad with?
Running power? Probably have to be Ethan Hughes. He has the speed and endurance. I don't think he has the confidence or kick though.

Running power? Probably have to be Ethan Hughes. He has the speed and endurance. I don't think he has the confidence or kick though.

I meant someone not already on our list. I can’t see anyone replacing Brad that we already have. And if Langdon also goes we’d need two of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back