Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

People in here do realise that Freo don't want Brad to go right? This is not the club pushing him out for draft picks, its Brad looking out for himself and his family.

Freos history says yes we lose them both. possibly other.s and the club will tell the supporters it all good as we get low pick number.s

sorry time to start winning, not rebuilding again and again .
So what is your strategy to stop players making decisions for themselves?

Also, how is a couple of players leaving rebuilding again and again? That's hyperbole. It's two players and we have turned over 32 in 3 years. Ed and Billy represent 6% of that total turnover.

Freos history says yes we lose them both. possibly other.s and the club will tell the supporters it all good as we get low pick number.s

sorry time to start winning, not rebuilding again and again .

Yep I agree. If Brad Hill leaves he needs to be replaced with a ready made winger.

Unless it's Kelly or Coniglio there's nothing similar.

Personally I'd be offering the Rabbit anything he wanted.

5 or 6 years, million bucks
They are not similar. They are opposite.

Strengthening our inside midfield at the expense of our outside run could end up as a win, but on the evidence of the competition this year it's just as likely it wouldn't.

People in here do realise that Freo don't want Brad to go right? This is not the club pushing him out for draft picks, its Brad looking out for himself and his family.

So what is your strategy to stop players making decisions for themselves?

Also, how is a couple of players leaving rebuilding again and again? That's hyperbole. It's two players and we have turned over 32 in 3 years. Ed and Billy represent 6% of that total turnover.
Losing the F&B winners in 2017 and 2018 and replacing them with draft picks or suspect trades is rebuilding again and again.

Ed was 4th 2018 after Neale, Mundy and Fyfe so more valuable than just a depth player.

Brad's under contract and not only has Stephen but a young brother here, as well as his beloved ocean and surfing. Him and gf have no family of their own and I question whether the gf story isn't fake news.

Am I missing something here regards how we might go without Brad, Geelong Eagles Brisbane GWS and Collingwood don't have anything like a Brad Hill.

They are not similar. They are opposite.

Strengthening our inside midfield at the expense of our outside run could end up as a win, but on the evidence of the competition this year it's just as likely it wouldn't.

I’m not arguing they’re similar but Coniglio is high quality and costs only money, not draft picks

He’s as good as Kelly if not better and he kicks goals as an inside mid with a huge tank.
If we got him and we have Henry in the sheds, we’ll have likely 3 first round draft picks to replace Hill. I think we can manage

I’m not arguing they’re similar but Coniglio is high quality and costs only money, not draft picks

He’s as good as Kelly if not better and he kicks goals as an inside mid with a huge tank.
If we got him and we have Henry in the sheds, we’ll have likely 3 first round draft picks to replace Hill. I think we can manage
Coniglio would cost cap compromising money (more than Fyfe is paid, which would be an issue in itself), particularly in light of his evident preference for a Melbourne side (presumably one of the big 4). Kelly maybe. I'm still not sold on him and think it whatever the price would end up being it would be overpaying in the long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Package them up for 2 x First rounders (1 inside Top 10)
Get Kelly - For these (2nd Rounder back)
Keep our First Rounder (highest one)
Go to the draft with 1 x First rounder / 2 x 2nds

And to add to the above despite all the doom and gloom I think we have a have a solid list where there is plenty of above average talent (the opposite of Carlton where, ignoring their dads army o top, they have a 6 or 7 elite talents and a burning tyre pile) coming into maturity and they will all need to be paid commensurately. An extra 100k on a few deals = no cap room.

Take heart, guys. If the Hill bros do leave then you'll probably be able to wave them at Geelong and secure Kelly (may even keep your draft picks, too).

Absolutely. Hill probably wasn't best 10 at the Hawks, and here he has turned into top 5. Probably got a pay rise to come here, but I'm guessing under market compared to a top 5 player. Can't blame Lachie for leaving if the reports of what he was being paid (on the backend) is close. Then you get these new players in on good contracts..
Ummm correct me if I’m wrong but , firstly ,they signed the contracts???to begin with, endorsed by their agent too??... plus ahhh you do realise the contacts payout figures still the same -whether you get most of it straight up/evenly over the contract or most of it at the end...again if they’re not happy with a front loaded contract , well guess what??-don’t sign!

Am I an idiot for thinking B. Hill is more valuable than Kelly?

Hill's ability to gut run and repeat sprint, and then have the composure to spot up targets and hit those targets is very rare in the comp...I can only think of less than a handful who have that combination of skills.
True but Kelly’s ball hunting and run and spread from the midfield is elite and would compliment Fyfe very well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back