Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

He will either be a first round or end of first round. Either that or we force GC to trade and chase Brisbane first pick which GC have.

I can see our first and compo for Hill being used on Tim Kelly with change to get us into the third or fourth round.

Hate to lose him but it would be a good return for the club.

He will either be a first round or end of first round. Either that or we force GC to trade and chase Brisbane first pick which GC have.

I can see our first and compo for Hill being used on Tim Kelly with change to get us into the third or fourth round.

Hate to lose him but it would be a good return for the club.
Unrestricted free agent, can't force at all. Fremantle better sign him up for 4 years at 500k, GCS won't go for him then.

Hypothetically.. if I were a player manager trying to extract maximum value for my free agent client in what might be his last contract, I’d be talking up the fact he has a big offer from GC, and that if my client took that offer, his All-Australian brother might be more inclined to leave...

Unrestricted free agent, can't force at all. Fremantle better sign him up for 4 years at 500k, GCS won't go for him then.
The offer for SHill of almost 2.1M for three years has already been tabled by GCS. If they turn around and reduce that then they are no chance to pick up SHill as an unrestricted FA. Not a good look if they go yeh sorry Hilly we were going to pay you this but we’ve reduced our offer mate. His agent will go get stuffed GC - no deal.

Based on previous contracts and compo for a salary of that amount I’m pretty confident that SHill will net is an end of first round pick based on the current reported tabled contract.

Freo don’t need to do bugger all except let the negotiations play out. We will wait till end of season and likely table a 2-year option. If he goes he goes and we get our compo pick. The amount of money we offer will be decent and depend on his form upon returning from his latest hamstring injury.

Stephen is 29 (30 next year) and the soft tissue injuries are already setting in. I highly doubt he draws a contract that attracts band 1 or 2 compo. Band 3 at best (second round pick) and most likely end of second round (Band 4).

Some rumors on our board we might be sniffing around Brad and Stephen.

We look after Stephen with a large F/A deal, and Brad nominates us for a trade.

If true it'll probably pan out with - Kelly to Freo, B. Hill to Carlton, [future 1st and change] to Geelong.

You guys lose the Hill brothers, and land Kelly for Brad, and land better F/A Compo for Stephen.

Stephen is 29 (30 next year) and the soft tissue injuries are already setting in. I highly doubt he draws a contract that attracts band 1 or 2 compo. Band 3 at best (second round pick) and most likely end of second round (Band 4).

Some rumors on our board we might be sniffing around Brad and Stephen.

We look after Stephen with a large F/A deal, and Brad nominates us for a trade.

If true it'll probably pan out with - Kelly to Freo, B. Hill to Carlton, [future 1st and change] to Geelong.

You guys lose the Hill brothers, and land Kelly for Brad, and land better F/A Compo for Stephen.

Clarko must be heading your way too :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would they go to the absolute basket case that is Carlton?

They have just gone through a rebuild and now that we are challenging for the 8 they are going to a team that has won 4 games in 2 years?

Delusional.

Whatevs - age is against SHill but a contract just shy of $700 k per year is right up there.

See these recent examples:
Motlop - $500k x 4 years (end of first round) 26 @ time
Selwood - $475-$500k x 3 years (2nd round pick) 25 @ time
Mayne - $500k x 4 years (2nd round pick) 28 @ time
Wells - $550-$575k x 3 years (2nd round pick) 31 @ time
Stephen Hill - $650-$675k x 3 years (??) 29 @ time

His age is less than Wells and not dissimilar to Mayne. SHill contract higher than them all. Motlop’s age prob got him over the line.

I’d say Band 3 is most likely due to age but band 2 based on salary per year is a real possibility.

The order of criteria impacting compensation:
1. Age
2. Average salary per annum
3. Length of contract

They have just gone through a rebuild and now that we are challenging for the 8 they are going to a team that has won 4 games in 2 years?

Delusional.

You could ask the same question about Lachie Neale too. Didn't he leave for a team who has also been at basket case level for a decade?

You could ask the same question about Lachie Neale too. Didn't he leave for a team who has also been at basket case level for a decade?

Wrong. Not in the last 3-4 years.

Everyone was fapping over them last year and predicting they were going to shoot up the ladder.

They were great to watch, had stabalised their list and weren't losing highly rated players like the go home 5. Lotsof close losses.

They were in the position Freo are in now. Where the hell are Carlton at?

No coach.

Basket case of an administration.

Getting whacked and rock bottom of the ladder again without the number 1 pick.

Because we're not going to be a basket case forever?

We've gotten a ton of young talent in over the past few years during the rebuild. In a year or two we're going to start to rocket up the ladder.

We'd really like some senior bodies to speed that up.

Because we're not going to be a basket case forever?

We've gotten a ton of young talent in over the past few years during the rebuild. In a year or two we're going to start to rocket up the ladder.

We'd really like some senior bodies to speed that up.

So why would B.Hill in his prime want to go to Carlton?

Why would S.Hill who is riddled with injuries who has 2-3 years left go to Carlton?

What would motivate them to do that considering:
- Both WA boys
- B.Hill is a 3 x Premiership player at Hawthorn
- Both have just finishedna rebuild phase and Carlton are at least 2-3 years away from competing.

So why would B.Hill in his prime want to go to Carlton?

Why would S.Hill who is riddled with injuries who has 2-3 years left go to Carlton?

What would motivate them to do that considering:
- Both WA boys
- B.Hill is a 3 x Premiership player at Hawthorn
- Both have just finishedna rebuild phase and Carlton are at least 2-3 years away from competing.

My understanding is B Hill wants to head to Victoria (his GF is Victorian). Preferably Hawthorn but it's negotiable.

As for his brother this is his last contract. Money is a big factor.

Could all be smoke and mirrors though.

My understanding is B Hill wants to head to Victoria (his GF is Victorian). Preferably Hawthorn but it's negotiable.

If it happens, early 1st for B Hill, and comp for S Hill would be 1st as well (maybe end of first round).

Not that I want either to go.

I'd be more ok with Stephen going than Brad if I had to choose to be honest, Brad has been such an instrumental part of our team this year and I'd hate to see him go so soon. But of course i don't want either of them to go because they're both extremely talented and both bring something to the team.

I'm not. It's kind of easy comprehension. Taylor was alluding to something and refusing to outright state what it was. What's the situation? Or is it just a hypothetical she's throwing out there?

You don't believe my Hogan story. No worries. But you'd have to be pretty naive to see the videos and not put credence in some of the stories floating around. This idea that I'm lying is just built from the fact it's a negative story and people think I'm constantly negative. It's just a bit hard to eat because your argument that I'm making it up has as much ground as mine in terms of what we've backed up as evidence... but of course everyone will side you with you, because everyone here hates me, and you know that. You're just going for the weakest target.
I dont hate you.

Probably the first time you have seemed to make sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back