Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

I meant someone not already on our list. I can’t see anyone replacing Brad that we already have. And if Langdon also goes we’d need two of them.
If Switkowski can lift his running endurance he could do it. I actually think he could look like a mini Judd bursting out of stoppages.

The speed is most important in my opinion, assuming the endurance is even between options.

So maybe Zac Fisher.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are you saying GC aren't interested in S Hill?
They could have been interested in S.Hill. But with his latest injury and the fact there would have to be major questions about the durability of Stephen now I cant see them offering a godfather offer to get him over there.

Caldera

All Australian
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brandon Ellis holding off contract talks, he could replace Langdon? :think:

If we lose Langdon and BHill at the end of the season, I think trading or recruiting FA becomes a priority. We can’t replace either with draft picks, and with our list we can’t really afford to. So - I’m not sold on Ellis, but I’d be keen for our list manager to run the rule over other teams for mature wingers that offer value.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
This thread is seriosly disheartening. I would to know what is happening. Lachie should not have left, now hill. I'm I reading into it too much ? Are we freakin cursed ? Is Lyon at fault ?

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
How would Wilson go on the wing, especially in terms of endurance/running? Carter coming into the running defender position a little earlier than ideal, or we shuffle Nyhuis in.

Anyway, I am thinking it is easy rumours at the moment, primarily based around SHill is a FA, so BHill may be available too.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
How would Wilson go on the wing, especially in terms of endurance/running? Carter coming into the running defender position a little earlier than ideal, or we shuffle Nyhuis in.

Anyway, I am thinking it is easy rumours at the moment, primarily based around SHill is a FA, so BHill may be available too.

That's the problem right there. He has the speed and skills, and more physicality than BHill which would be nice, but there's two reasons why he'd be a very poor man's BHill.

1. I don't think he has that elite endurance. He pushes hard with ball in hand and get's back the other just, then is dolying around catching his breath for a good few minutes before he's able to do it again. Could he build it? Maybe, but I don't see it myself.
2. I reckon he'd find himself in the wrong spots too often because he's not reading the game. An outside winger type can find themselves disconnected from the game pretty easily if their head's not in gear. My reading of him is that he has that knack.

That said, I could be wrong, just a reading and secondly, everybody compared to BHill is going to look inferior in that particular role.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
This thread is seriosly disheartening. I would to know what is happening. Lachie should not have left, now hill. I'm I reading into it too much ? Are we freakin cursed ? Is Lyon at fault ?
Yes, I believe he chaperones all dates for the players and must have ticked off Billy Victorian GF. Poor form Ross.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think smarts is the word you’re looking for.
Hughes under extreme pressure isn't elite, not many are, in general play though his skills look okay, and good
wingers find space, time to create this.
His short kicks find targets, should go back to Peel and play midfield, Nyhius, Duman could replace him, Cerra
Blakely in the back half and we would be better off.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
If Switkowski can lift his running endurance he could do it. I actually think he could look like a mini Judd bursting out of stoppages.

The speed is most important in my opinion, assuming the endurance is even between options.

So maybe Zac Fisher.

Switkowski would need to improve the run and carry aspect to his game, which I don’t know is natural to him. I like Gav’s Wilson suggestion and you know who else? Dardy could actually do it. McCarthy and Wilson down the wings.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Switkowski would need to improve the run and carry aspect to his game, which I don’t know is natural to him. I like Gav’s Wilson suggestion and you know who else? Dardy could actually do it. McCarthy and Wilson down the wings.
Darcdy could for short stints, not fit enough long term and would have to give up the smokes, beers. 2 or 3km
time trial pre season sorts this argument out.

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Darcdy could for short stints, not fit enough long term and would have to give up the smokes, beers. 2 or 3km
time trial pre season sorts this argument out.

Yeah just get him working on the running in preseason and ask Max Gawn to chat to him about the benefits of giving up the dirty durries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

That was my thought. It means we bring in a lockdown defender and release Wilson more. Still wouldn't be as good as Brad on a wing but it'll be a good stop gap measure until Henry/Sturt/Bewley can play regularly

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really not worried.

Can't see us not offering S.Hill a contract or why he would move to GC unless they offer millions more. B.Hill contracted for 2 more years, and it sounds like a sometime in the future he might go back job. We should be trending up and the Hawks are trending down (assuming that would be the natural connection, maybe not though). I don't think the impetus from his side sounds really there at the moment.

If he does move we can most likely effectively replace him with Kelly given the currency and salary it would return. Not as good outside but better inside. I think it would hurt us temporarily especially if Stephen cannot come back to 100% but it's not like we're going to lose out given he has 2 more years of contract which is a huge trade plus traditionally.

100% we will offer SHill a contract. Just won’t be possibly what others might offer, GC likely the most $

Most melb clubs aren’t gonna offer overs attractive enough to move his whole life imo. All noise

Vintage

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Serious? The last few years we’ve done really well over the off seasons. Last year Lachie out - Hogan, Lobb, Colyer (plus Conca fa).

Year before was Weller and crozier out, Wilson, matera (and Brayshaw) in. And balic traded away for a late pick too (which most thought was crazy...)

And the year before that we swapped Mayne for Hill, and got Hamling and McCarthy for not too much. And kersten.

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Who knows. Apparently there is beef there, another rumor is Kelly doesn't like Lyon, or Bennell. Maybe one is true, or all, or maybe it's all bs. Can't keep up.
Yeah it keeps popping up without an explanation. Another one is that Katlin has a problem with Hills Mrs. Could be true, growing up with alot of Noongars i know that thier family fueds can be large and ongoing and never really seem to end. Could be something like that or more personal between the 2.

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Women are naturally submissive. That is their femininity.

Men are naturally dominant and leaders. That is their masculinity.

Men and Women aren't the same.

This is one of the dumbest and idiotic things I've ever read on BigFooty, and I've seen a lot. You may believe you're morals are being challenged and the world is changing (which it is), but to honestly believe the tripe you just wrote makes me sad for you. Not angry, not even slightly annoyed, just genuinely pitiful that someone actually believes this and refuses to change.

Women can do whatever the f*** they like. Men can too. Couples who love each other and who are in a healthy relationship will do whatever is good for both of them. That isn't because a man is whipped or because a woman is submissive, it's because they work together for the best possible outcome.

You know.... Like a footy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back