Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s where Young isn’t that clever.

Destabilising a club where a lot of your players are at is pretty dumb.

Leads to players getting cut earlier than normal.
Pretty sure these guys know what there doing. Freo's first move toward anything positive would be get rid of Lyon at any cost and ASAP. Put in a caretaker coach and then discuss the future with these players.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers

Freo losing is good for Colin Young, means more pressure on Lyon/Fremantle to keep the Hill Brothers and more money for him.

Everybody knows Colin Young is Hardie/Hagdorn’s source when leaks from the club comes out.

6PR is pro Sumich. There is a reason why they want Lyon fired. Colin Young manages Sumich.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freo losing is good for Colin Young, means more pressure on Lyon/Fremantle to keep the Hill Brothers and more money for him.

Everybody knows Colin Young is Hardie/Hagdorn’s source when leaks from the club comes out.

6PR is pro Sumich. There is a reason why they want Lyon fired. Colin Young manages Sumich.
Sumich is on the nose for his white anting. No club wants to touch him. Young should know that.

If things go south, and S Hill can’t get over his hamstring issues. The club might let him go. Not sure that’s a good outcome for all parties.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are you for real???
Um Yeah. What the hell do you think happens? Every year there are rumours about players even in premiership teams. Means didly squat, nothing, not even a conversation between players.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle

What? Contract negotiations happen every year and across the year. Entering conversation about a player he manages is Young's job. It doesnt destabilize anything.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
What part of family reasons, not money confused you?

Yeo wasn't an A grade talent then. We turned him down and that was a horrendous mistake, but you cannot possibly relate that to Kelly.

For all our faults, I don't really hold failing to secure Yeo against the club.

We were close to our peak and West Coast were in a bit of a dip, IIRC he wanted playing time assurances and we had a settled best 22.

Jesus that doesn't look good. I always thought it was Freo or Hawthorn, with Hawthorn unlikely this offseason i thought he would stay at freo. But if he wants to get away from Ross he may just sign with another vic club.

What happens this week when he gives Clarko a massive hug after the game, im not sure but does this destabilize the group?

Jul 20, 2018
Fck brad off, and his hawthorn ego with him. Missus has him by the balls anyway. Hate to see SHill go but he hasn’t been at his peak for over 2 years. And take your mate on the other wing - Langdon - that bloke ***** up early scoring opportunities that killed any momentum we had.

There’s 3 solid late firsts / mid second round picks - plenty of good WA kids in the draft who I’d be happy to get.

And this isn’t me protecting Ross - he can *** off also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be commenting off emotion given the disappointment of the past 3 weeks but it feels to me that if they both leave we may end up in a far better position anyway.

Brad Hill - some sort of package that results in us getting Tim Kelly and assumedly not giving up anything else given their respective contract statuses.
Stephen Hill - if the $$ rumored are correct it would give us at worst an end of first round compo and possibly even a straight up first (selecting with back to back picks at like 6-7).
Langdon - he can't kick and its becoming a major issue. Late 1st / early 2nd is a win.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I may be commenting off emotion given the disappointment of the past 3 weeks but it feels to me that if they both leave we may end up in a far better position anyway.

Brad Hill - some sort of package that results in us getting Tim Kelly and assumedly not giving up anything else given their respective contract statuses.
Stephen Hill - if the $$ rumored are correct it would give us at worst an end of first round compo and possibly even a straight up first (selecting with back to back picks at like 6-7).
Langdon - he can't kick and its becoming a major issue. Late 1st / early 2nd is a win.
Must be tough for Brad, losing like that? Which doesn't bode well as a destination club. Would have to be a bucket
load of money for Kelly, no guarantee of success short term.
Langdon should be playing Swittas role, and running opponents off their feet, tackling machine, Cripps role ar WC.
As for SHill even when he got on the park he looked cooked, put Hughes on the wing with BHill.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
People act like it was Bradley’s choice to come to Fremantle, he was still contracted and Hawthorn traded him. He wanted to stay, Hawthorn needed him gone to get O’Meara and T.Mitchell.

We gave him a 5 year deal and now he wants a payrise mid contract after winning a B&F and improved his footy at under Lyon. I also remember Bradley had some “off field issues” at Hawthorn too at the time.

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
People act like it was Bradley’s choice to come to Fremantle, he was still contracted and Hawthorn traded him. He wanted to stay, Hawthorn needed him gone to get O’Meara and T.Mitchell.

We gave him a 5 year deal and now he wants a payrise mid contract after winning a B&F and improved his footy at under Lyon. I also remember Bradley had some “off field issues” at Hawthorn too at the time.
That’s not even close. Hill admitted he was terrified about approaching the leadership group to ask for a trade home, particularly roughy. Clarkson didn’t want to let him go, but said family comes first. It did benefit hawthorn however, with other trades.

Purple dynamite

All Australian
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bayern munich
If Brad and Ed leave, I propose Tucker and Dardy to the wings. Both have good disposal and running ability.
Dardy ran more than anyone on the field on Saturday.
Spend the summer running there guts out.
If Chris Mayne can do it at Collingwood, why not McCarthor!
Leave Lobb and Hogan forward. Just need some more goal savvy and x factor smalls in there to support.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle

Brad can't wait to get out of Freo under Ross Lyon....this does not look good at all

Whats the point of this? I'm not sure I understand

Looks as if Brad thinks Ross is walking off so starts to head off the ground after seeing Sheppard accept his award.
Ross informs him theres a little more to go and he stays.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whats the point of this? I'm not sure I understand

Looks as if Brad thinks Ross is walking off so starts to head off the ground after seeing Sheppard accept his award.
Ross informs him theres a little more to go and he stays.

don't get it either. People are reading waaaaaaaaayyy too much into it.

Both the Hill brothers are tight with Sonny Walters who will never leave Freo.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure if this has been the topic of discussion but there is no way we agree to a goodwill trade of early 20’s pick just because that is what we got him for.

Another example - WB picked up Hamling as a delisted FA from Geelong. After two solid years incl. a premiership he was traded to Freo for a very late 2nd round pick. We never said bugger off WB we’ll take Hamling as a DFA because that is what you got him for. BHill is a better player now. He has two years of an existing contract remain and a contract he extended to play more years at Freo. Happy to entertain a trade but it will only be for a good offer. Top 7-8 pick or trade involving T. Kelly.

From the source of these rumours Mr Colin Young, Hawthorn were never in the picture and aren’t one of the clubs chasing BHill. We don’t owe anyone squat.

benfica

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2011
woodgreen
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
tottenham
don't get it either. People are reading waaaaaaaaayyy too much into it.

Both the Hill brothers are tight with Sonny Walters who will never leave Freo.
If the rumours that hill wanted out didn't exist then yeah,I guess you could be reading wAAAAAAy too much into this

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's clearly walking off and then prompted to stay by Ross, I don't know how you can see anything else.

I have my doubts over whether he's at Freo next year since his partner is quite homesick apparently, but trying to gauge anything from a 5 second clip on twitter is ridiculous.

Back